Brief Synopsis!!! (Portsmouth) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Portsmouth)

Mar 23, 2008
mervyn":1o020d5x said:
Spot on synopsis MP. I would just add that Letheren’s save, for which I was perfectly placed in the Demport corner, was truly outstanding. DA’s booking totally unfair. He was absolutely right to complain. Apart from that I thought the ref had a very good game, and allowed it to flow.
I thought the ref was awful, really poor and inconsistent. Great effort from the boys, what a warrior Songo is and brilliant free kick from Carey. Very unlucky not to win, Pompus bang average and lucky today.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
Great second half, star performers for me were Letheren, Fox, Songo'o and Carey. Letheren made one outstanding save just before the Portsmouth goal.

I think the judgements of Lapado are a bit harsh. Portsmouth marked him very tightly and the service to him first half was almost entirely in the air.

I thought it was a good Argyle performance.

Apr 30, 2011
Steve Evans":2z8k0ujr said:
Penmaster":2z8k0ujr said:
Seems like a well earned point and keeps our run going. Freddie could do with a goal just to give him a boost.

Was there much trouble at or around the ground?
there was a scrap in the car park at about half past two.

Thanks Steve, I saw a lot of Police around the city today. Hopefully no one let themselves down.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
arrythewurzel":1px5gfv2 said:
Anyone got that Carey move on video - I can’t remember seeing anything like that at Home Park. People around me were just Wow - did he really just do that ?
Not on video but I was in row C behind the goal so had about as good a view of it as I could!

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Mark_Colling":1erue790 said:
arrythewurzel":1erue790 said:
Anyone got that Carey move on video - I can’t remember seeing anything like that at Home Park. People around me were just Wow - did he really just do that ?
Not on video but I was in row C behind the goal so had about as good a view of it as I could!
i hope it's on film.i was speechless.an astonishing piece of skill fro one of the best players in europe along with ruben. :D

Apr 9, 2011
Really enjoyed the game , perhaps i'am easily pleased! Thought overall we were the better side & a draw was the least we deserved,especially with Pompys much vaunted squad. keep up that level & we will survive no probs. Last season it was Taylor who made a big impact this season its been Letheren. It's a funny old game

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Steve Evans":eq5wbera said:
i hope it's on film.i was speechless.an astonishing piece of skill fro one of the best players in europe along with ruben. :D

I’ve given up wondering if you’re serious or not :lol:

R

Rob_of_the_Greens

I don't agree with Wycombe-like tactics of cheating, simulating injury and wasting time.

I do believe that if you feel wronged, it is worth making your point vociferously.

I also believe that referees, when they know they have made a mistake, are likely to try to atone.

Today, a Pompey player hoofed the ball away after play had been stopped. It looked a clear caution, and was not given. I did not see which player it was, but others have suggested it was Gareth Evans, who was already on a yellow. If so, he should have walked.

Derek Adams loudly made his point, and was booked for his reaction.

If the ref did bottle (don't like using that phrase, but can't think of an appropriate alternative) the decision to give Evans a second caution, and compound this with Adams' booking, I suspect it niggled away in his mind.

The next decision he gave was a foul on Songo'o, which from my angle looked a good tackle. Carey stepped up and curled in an equaliser.

Funny how it goes.

May 31, 2010
Plymouth
When Letheren made one of his outstanding saves late on at the Devonport End it was good to see the nearest Pompey forward give him a high five. Despite the usual fouls I thought the match was played in good spirit.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
gosisapilgrim":7ne37z5i said:
arrythewurzel":7ne37z5i said:

I can't wait to see that again. I can't even recall Akos Buzsaky doing anything like that and he was brilliant.
Don't know if this link will work but this lad's got it on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/mattywright32

Jan 8, 2018
Saltash
gosisapilgrim":3f4fief7 said:
arrythewurzel":3f4fief7 said:

I can't wait to see that again. I can't even recall Akos Buzsaky doing anything like that and he was brilliant.

I refer the honourable gentleman to an away game at Carrow Road in the championship years where the aforementioned Akos Buszaky scored not one, but two free kicks of a similar quality!

This one began dour, then thankfully, exploded into a much more exciting game in the
second half.
Argyle more than deserving of a point in the end with plenty of positives to take from the game.
The game began with argyle lining up 4231 against pompeiis 433. Both sides working incredibly
hard in pressing their opponents, preventing any time on the ball. So very little cohesive
football. At HT the game looked odds on ending up goaless tbh.
The main positives for argyle in the first half being the teams non stop effort in pressing
pompeii to a virtual standstill from an attacking viewpoint and their disciplined defending
the few times they did threaten.

Second half, and argyle now seemed to be stepping up a gear, which was very encouraging to see.
Against the run of play though pompeii scored after we failed to clear a corner. A quality
strike though tbf from the edge of our area.
Credit the boys though, as they kept up their tempo/effort and kept on playing their attacking
football. Pompeii fouling aplenty to keep us at bay. Eventually we got our just rewards with
a GC10 free kick superbly struck away to the keepers right. Home park GC10 bedlam time again.
The game now becomes more end to end but both defences do enough to keep the final scoreline 1-1.
The whole team was outstanding in giving everything. I also thought we played some lovely passing
football at times in that second period. Foxy(MOM) again to the fore in controlling it all.
Special mentions to ASB and eddy. Best i have seen them play. ASB especially with his defensive work.
Kyle, niall and skipper gaz all had good steady games. Sarce and yanner non stop tackling
machines. Gc10 and rueben struggled at times early on but grew more and more into the game as a
threat with their skill.
Fred, up top, struggled as usual with the head high stuff but there were flashes of what hes
sapable of whenever he turned and ran at them with the ball.
Got drenched after the game walking to catch me bus. One cold waterlogged argyle wooly hat
on me head and saturated clothing to endure on the journey home. I didnt care though.
Argyle boys played really well today, against higher ranked opposition, gaining a crucial
point towards safety.
Thats good enough for me. Tis only a bit of damp after all methinks. :scarf:

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Fat_green_belly":1lnjx9jg said:
This one began dour, then thankfully, exploded into a much more exciting game in the
second half.
Argyle more than deserving of a point in the end with plenty of positives to take from the game.
The game began with argyle lining up 4231 against pompeiis 433. Both sides working incredibly
hard in pressing their opponents, preventing any time on the ball. So very little cohesive
football. At HT the game looked odds on ending up goaless tbh.
The main positives for argyle in the first half being the teams non stop effort in pressing
pompeii to a virtual standstill from an attacking viewpoint and their disciplined defending
the few times they did threaten.

Second half, and argyle now seemed to be stepping up a gear, which was very encouraging to see.
Against the run of play though pompeii scored after we failed to clear a corner. A quality
strike though tbf from the edge of our area.
Credit the boys though, as they kept up their tempo/effort and kept on playing their attacking
football. Pompeii fouling aplenty to keep us at bay. Eventually we got our just rewards with
a GC10 free kick superbly struck away to the keepers right. Home park GC10 bedlam time again.
The game now becomes more end to end but both defences do enough to keep the final scoreline 1-1.
The whole team was outstanding in giving everything. I also thought we played some lovely passing
football at times in that second period. Foxy(MOM) again to the fore in controlling it all.
Special mentions to ASB and eddy. Best i have seen them play. ASB especially with his defensive work.
Kyle, niall and skipper gaz all had good steady games. Sarce and yanner non stop tackling
machines. Gc10 and rueben struggled at times early on but grew more and more into the game as a
threat with their skill.
Fred, up top, struggled as usual with the head high stuff but there were flashes of what hes
sapable of whenever he turned and ran at them with the ball.
Got drenched after the game walking to catch me bus. One cold waterlogged argyle wooly hat
on me head and saturated clothing to endure on the journey home. I didnt care though.
Argyle boys played really well today, against higher ranked opposition, gaining a crucial
point towards safety.
Thats good enough for me. Tis only a bit of damp after all methinks. :scarf:
Saturday nights - a couple of cans and PL2's and FGB's reports. Thereafter all is well with the world. Meanwhile, I prepare for work in Southampton tomorrow. Do I play the "we taught Warnock all he knows card" or perhaps open up with "just when you thought things could get no worse lads, Pompey got a point."