Brief Synopsis!!! (Portsmouth) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Portsmouth)

Aug 5, 2016
gosisapilgrim":b8z5yiqi said:
arrythewurzel":b8z5yiqi said:
Anyone got that Carey move on video - I can’t remember seeing anything like that at Home Park. People around me were just Wow - did he really just do that ?

I can't wait to see that again. I can't even recall Akos Buzsaky doing anything like that and he was brilliant.

I remember Buzsaky against Leeds United, backheel nutmegging their player whilst turning him to collect it at the other end. If the game was big and on telly, Akos had some tricks up his sleeve.

May 22, 2006
Kevb77":3f23ez4b said:
gosisapilgrim":3f23ez4b said:
arrythewurzel":3f23ez4b said:
Anyone got that Carey move on video - I can’t remember seeing anything like that at Home Park. People around me were just Wow - did he really just do that ?

I can't wait to see that again. I can't even recall Akos Buzsaky doing anything like that and he was brilliant.

I refer the honourable gentleman to an away game at Carrow Road in the championship years where the aforementioned Akos Buszaky scored not one, but two free kicks of a similar quality!

At 1.52

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6JVSpymeEaY

Oct 31, 2015
Really enjoyed yesterday's game.

Pompey were really difficult to break down for our ball playing players but the battle was brilliant as a spectacle for 3rd div football.

Kyle Letheren has stamped his mark and I would go as far as to say he is now a first team keeper. He is quick. Agile, commands and can distribute (one minor mistake yesterday). He has now made that spot his own.

Sawyer is just Mr consistent. He always struggle against speed mind but he gets plenty of cover and is the best man for the captain's role.

ASB. I read loads of good comments on here about him but I thought he got over run yesterday. Quite a few overlaps happened down his side and he lost his players. Perhaps I am seeing something different.

Eddy and Cans. At last the CBs are getting it together. I was massively wrong about Eddy slating him earlier in the season. Since his full recovery he has been getting better and better. Cans is the perfect partner for him. Lloyd will struggle to get in the team.

Fox was sublime yesterday. His pass rate is just immense and he keeps the ball moving. When on his game he is so important to us.

Songoo. I thought he was mom. He gets everywhere, dies for the cause and his use of the ball is getting better.

Sarcs. Quietened after his injury but again critical to our team. Not sure who his natural replacement is if he gets injured or that 10th yellow card arrives. When he plays we are 10 yards further up the pitch.

GC10 is getting back to his best. He works his socks off(always will) and his tekkers and goal were brilliant.

Rubes had a quieter day yesterday but still tried to weave and dodge. His tracking back and covering has really improved.

Freddie. Had an off day yesterday. He is very much a confidence player and yesterday was not his day although he won his fair share of balls and tried to link play.

Tayls. I think he is trying too hard when he comes on. Probably out of frustration.

Well done to all the team and management yesterday. After we equalised I thought only one team would win but Pompey are a very difficult team to break down.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Keepitgreen":173bxydj said:
gosisapilgrim":173bxydj said:
arrythewurzel":173bxydj said:

Don't know if this link will work but this lad's got it on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/mattywright32

WOWZA!!! :nworthy: :clap: :nworthy:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
rsp4":2wksxe1x said:

Pompey were really difficult to break down for our ball playing players but the battle was brilliant as a spectacle for 3rd div football.

Kyle Letheren has stamped his mark and I would go as far as to say he is now a first team keeper. He is quick. Agile, commands and can distribute (one minor mistake yesterday). He has now made that spot his own.

Sawyer is just Mr consistent. He always struggle against speed mind but he gets plenty of cover and is the best man for the captain's role.

ASB. I read loads of good comments on here about him but I thought he got over run yesterday. Quite a few overlaps happened down his side and he lost his players. Perhaps I am seeing something different.

Eddy and Cans. At last the CBs are getting it together. I was massively wrong about Eddy slating him earlier in the season. Since his full recovery he has been getting better and better. Cans is the perfect partner for him. Lloyd will struggle to get in the team.

Fox was sublime yesterday. His pass rate is just immense and he keeps the ball moving. When on his game he is so important to us.

Songoo. I thought he was mom. He gets everywhere, dies for the cause and his use of the ball is getting better.

Sarcs. Quietened after his injury but again critical to our team. Not sure who his natural replacement is if he gets injured or that 10th yellow card arrives. When he plays we are 10 yards further up the pitch.

GC10 is getting back to his best. He works his socks off(always will) and his tekkers and goal were brilliant.

Rubes had a quieter day yesterday but still tried to weave and dodge. His tracking back and covering has really improved.

Freddie. Had an off day yesterday. He is very much a confidence player and yesterday was not his day although he won his fair share of balls and tried to link play.

Tayls. I think he is trying too hard when he comes on. Probably out of frustration.

Well done to all the team and management yesterday. After we equalised I thought only one team would win but Pompey are a very difficult team to break down.

Come on, rsp4, admit it. You are beginning to tolerate DA again. I reckon you would put him on gardening leave from August to December and take him back from January to May. ;) ;) :thumbup:
I have to admit, it has been frustrating the last 2 seasons but, maybe he'll get it right from day 1 next season. I hope he can hang to Carey and Lameiras, though.

Mar 8, 2016
r4h4al":221hcrq6 said:
davie nine":221hcrq6 said:
I hope he can hang to Carey and Lameiras, though.
I agree. I think they will stay. We'll need a younger replacement for Fox as well.

Wish I had your confidence. Can’t see them staying. Fox has another year in him for us though I think

Oct 31, 2015
davie nine":11p9ro3l said:
rsp4":11p9ro3l said:

Come on, rsp4, admit it. You are beginning to tolerate DA again. I reckon you would put him on gardening leave from August to December and take him back from January to May.
I have to admit, it has been frustrating the last 2 seasons but, maybe he'll get it right from day 1 next season. I hope he can hang to Carey and Lameiras, though.

:) :)

I will give you that Davie. Tolerate is probably the right word.

To win me over he needs to start in August and continue til May

I said this time last year some of the football we have played under him has been as good to watch as Holloway's football but boy when it's bad it is very bad.

I'm not up with GA1984 yet mind!

I agree we need to keep GC10 if we can and Rubes

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Interesting that people’s opinions of DA have changed a little. Wonder how DA would fare right now with the fan base for wanting him to stay or go?

Jan 6, 2004
It is quite simple Janner, when the team does badly, after a period, the fanbase become impatient and want the manager to go because they suspect he cannot turn it around this time, if he is in fact able to turn it around then obviously their views change - that is entirely natural - I cannot work out why people think they are making some sort of cutting point with this.

It is becoming increasingly clear what Adams strengths and weaknesses are - he has an ability to attract skilful players to the club and can produce attractive confident teams when they are on song. His weakness is inability to cope with disruptions to his plans - in particular injuries cause him more difficulty than most managers and he seems to find it hard to motivate the team out of a slump. This package of strengths and weaknesses may or may not be good enough to get Argyle to the Championship in the next couple of years.

Oct 31, 2015
JannerinCardiff":399rvb8i said:
Interesting that people’s opinions of DA have changed a little. Wonder how DA would fare right now with the fan base for wanting him to stay or go?

My opinion has not changed mate. I am just a bit more tolerant because the product has improved immensely. I really couldn't see it happening for a second season and we are not out the mire yet but the signs are better than Aug through to Christmas.

God knows what I will be like if the same happens next season. :)

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Green_Flash":2hcio4i5 said:
His weakness is inability to cope with disruptions to his plans - in particular injuries cause him more difficulty than most managers and he seems to find it hard to motivate the team out of a slump.
I'd say he has dealt with the injuries brilliantly and it is because of the injuries and other players coming in that our form has improved.

I always knew he'd turn it around, more teams should take a leaf out our book, when the team is struggling, stick by the Manager if you believe he will turn it around. Now I am just happy that we are on the up again.

Sep 6, 2006
r4h4al":2rmlen8h said:
Green_Flash":2rmlen8h said:
His weakness is inability to cope with disruptions to his plans - in particular injuries cause him more difficulty than most managers and he seems to find it hard to motivate the team out of a slump.
I'd say he has dealt with the injuries brilliantly and it is because of the injuries and other players coming in that our form has improved.

I always knew he'd turn it around, more teams should take a leaf out our book, when the team is struggling, stick by the Manager if you believe he will turn it around. Now I am just happy that we are on the up again.

Because we are the only team that gets injuries of course. He dealt with it so 'brilliantly' that we were bottom of the League. Just imagine if he had dealt with it badly!

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
rsp4":iftnk7x7 said:
JannerinCardiff":iftnk7x7 said:

My opinion has not changed mate. I am just a bit more tolerant because the product has improved immensely. I really couldn't see it happening for a second season and we are not out the mire yet but the signs are better than Aug through to Christmas.

God knows what I will be like if the same happens next season. :)

So you you still want him to leave mate? Genuinely interested in your response. Fair play to you if you do.