Brief Synopsis!!! (Wimbledon) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Wimbledon)

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Knackered is probably a relative term. Jephcott could probably run rings around most of us, but knackered compared to the opposition he’s up against. Last week was the first week for a long time that we didn’t have a midweek game, but Jephcott played about an hour for Wales then came on as a sub for us the following day.

Mar 14, 2009
GreenThing":2c6xoo9m said:
Knackered is probably a relative term. Jephcott could probably run rings around most of us, but knackered compared to the opposition he’s up against. Last week was the first week for a long time that we didn’t have a midweek game, but Jephcott played about an hour for Wales then came on as a sub for us the following day.

This for me has been happening for a few months. I was always intrigued with RL picked Jephcott over Hardie.

We have to remember it’s his first full professional season. That football is a mental, as well as physical, game.

I don’t subscribe that he is a poor player. You don’t score the amount of goals he has.

I would ask though does he have the engine needed to get around the pitch to press the opposition defence, like a Hardie or Ennis.

However, this is a separate thing as the last few months l just watched him and at times it was like the game was passing him by. This is what l meant about application. He just wasn’t getting involved.

People seem to think it bad to criticise a player. I think as long as it’s football related and not personal then it’s fine. Also it doesn’t mean l think he is always like this or will always be. Players over time change. Develop. This is just an opinion over the last couple of months.

It’s like Lewis. He has a decent delivery. Do l think he is a good defender? No. Maybe he will get better the more he plays matches but in recent matches l don’t think l see a good league one full back.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I think this was always going to be a deceptively tough game. AFCW only had 1 defeat in their previous 7 and unlike us, they have something meaningful to play for. I’m not saying we weren’t poor in the second half, we were, but this was a good win.

Jul 6, 2011
RKB":1mnwpvhc said:
Cooper 7
Edwards 7
Woods 8
Aimson 9
Lewis 7
Fornah 7
Grant 6
Camara 5
Mayor 6
Hardie 6
Ennis 6

Jephcott 4
Watts 6
Reeves 6
Moore 6

Rest Jephcott for 3 matches and give Lolos some sub time. Jephcott is burnt out and looks like the bang average player that made his debut under Derek Adams, before being shipped off to Truro.
His fall and rise and fall again is bordering on bizarre. He now looks like the player we sent to Truro again. And yet from Jan-Mar and Sep-Dec 2020 he looked like the best finisher at the club since Tommy Tynan. A real head-scratcher.

Maybe sometimes building up the potential of players publicly is not always a good thing. The 'worth millions' price tag has not done him any favours and just put too much pressure on him to perform at that constant level.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I decided to ‘suffer’ the whole of the second half again to try to work out what went wrong.
We completely lost our shape and their attacks were being repelled with the big boot. We very rarely tried to put 3 passes together and our midfielders spent more time in our penalty area often slicing clearances.
The free header near the end that went just wide came from a cross after Jephcott sliced a clearance direct to a Wimbledon player.
In Jephcott’s defence, the pass up the line that went into clear open space would have been perfect if Hardie was there instead of Moore who was making a run and stopped.
Their keeper seemed to spend more time near the centre circle than any of our forwards.

Mar 14, 2009
davie nine":2df7ukn9 said:
I decided to ‘suffer’ the whole of the second half again to try to work out what went wrong.
We completely lost our shape and their attacks were being repelled with the big boot. We very rarely tried to put 3 passes together and our midfielders spent more time in our penalty area often slicing clearances.
The free header near the end that went just wide came from a cross after Jephcott sliced a clearance direct to a Wimbledon player.
In Jephcott’s defence, the pass up the line that went into clear open space would have been perfect if Hardie was there instead of Moore who was making a run and stopped.
Their keeper seemed to spend more time near the centre circle than any of our forwards.

Their keeper was way out of his box. I noticed him at times just behind their CB’s in open play.

I didn’t want to mention the Jephcott sliced clearance before hand. It would of seemed like l was picking on him further. However, now you have mentioned it l felt it was just another incident that we could highlight in that game regarding his poor play yesterday.

As for the pass you mentioned, the road runner would of struggled to get on the end of that, let alone Hardie.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
I thought Hardie had a good game and was worth a lot better mark than some have given him....as for Jephcott....no comment....

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Metal_Green_Mickey":2ktr1cus said:
davie nine":2ktr1cus said:

Their keeper was way out of his box. I noticed him at times just behind their CB’s in open play.

I didn’t want to mention the Jephcott sliced clearance before hand. It would have seemed like l was picking on him further. However, now you have mentioned it l felt it was just another incident that we could highlight in that game regarding his poor play yesterday.

As for the pass you mentioned, the road runner would have struggled to get on the end of that, let alone Hardie.

I think he deliberately played it into distant space specifically to take the pressure for the moment off Argyle's defence. I have seen bigger names in League football than LJ do the same thing and not attract criticism

Sep 6, 2006
Quintrell_Green":27why9vt said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":27why9vt said:
davie nine":27why9vt said:

I didn’t want to mention the Jephcott sliced clearance before hand. It would have seemed like l was picking on him further. However, now you have mentioned it l felt it was just another incident that we could highlight in that game regarding his poor play yesterday.

As for the pass you mentioned, the road runner would have struggled to get on the end of that, let alone Hardie.

I think he deliberately played it into distant space specifically to take the pressure for the moment off Argyle's defence. I have seen bigger names in League football than LJ do the same thing and not attract criticism

So he played the ball to the opposition to relieve the pressure. Hmmm interesting.

Sep 6, 2006
oddball":3i76pd2d said:
I thought Hardie had a good game and was worth a lot better mark than some have given him....as for Jephcott....no comment....

Hardie didn't do enough though better than normal. Missed one very good chance. Also bottled out of one tackle big time. Doesn't seem committed to me.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
That is his MO.
He doesn’t bottle out, he tries to nick the ball and stay on his feet and often he succeeds.
I think, yesterday, he did that in the move that Ennis had a shot blocked almost on the line.

Sep 6, 2006
davie nine":31fuo393 said:
That is his MO.
He doesn’t bottle out, he tries to nick the ball and stay on his feet and often he succeeds.
I think, yesterday, he did that in the move that Ennis had a shot blocked almost on the line.

He absolutely bottled out. The Wombles player went right through his powder puff challenge.
He has 5 goals in 27 appearances plus subs. Less than our right back. Pretty poor.

D

Deleted member 9145

I thought hardie was good especially first half, he also has 6 assists and his pace causes problems and mistakes from which we prosper. Ennis was a bit off his game but still worked his socks off. They are the front 2 for the the rest of the season let’s see if they can build a partnership.

Jephers I just don’t know, if he’s not knocking them in then he’s not worth a place even on the bench. I have no idea how to get that confidence back but I agree he was ridiculously over hyped and that hasn’t helped.

Sep 6, 2006
themightykeithfear":2rmxh3d5 said:
I thought hardie was good especially first half, he also has 6 assists and his pace causes problems and mistakes from which we prosper. Ennis was a bit off his game but still worked his socks off. They are the front 2 for the the rest of the season let’s see if they can build a partnership.

Jephers I just don’t know, if he’s not knocking them in then he’s not worth a place even on the bench. I have no idea how to get that confidence back but I agree he was ridiculously over hyped and that hasn’t helped.

Well Lowe didn't agree. He was subbed after an hour.