Brief Synopsis | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis

Oct 14, 2015
Thought Oxford were devoid of any real quality and confidence today and genuinely fear that they could get caught up in a relegation dogfight. We were poor today compared to recent games and they still couldn't match us. They had a few chances over 90 minutes as any team would and couple a times a few scrambles in our area but we could've been out of sight by 60 minutes having missed couple really good chances. Thought their number 8, Ledson, was a good player. No problems with the officials today and thought the GA were immense considering how hard it is to generate any kind of atmosphere at a ground with a side missing. At the final whistle the players really appreciated the support and felt, having got to 50 points, they believe that relegation is a distant memory...

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Matthews 7, Vyner 6, Songo'o 8, Bradley 7, Sawyer 5, Fox 7, Sarcevic 6, Ness 7, Lameiras 6, Carey 8, Taylor 7. Subs Grant 6, Taylor-Sinclair 6.

Jul 28, 2017
Rich McLean":3ucfaf0p said:
Sounds like a proper "Blood and Snotters" performance, which at games like this is what is required to grind out a result.

Onwards and upwards.
Definitely blood and snotters today, Oxford gave us a lot of problems but rather fortunately we got all 3 points.

Argyle were definitely not at their best, a lot of misplaced passes and not much fluidity in.our game.

I thought Bradley had a good game but Sarcevic not so.

Oxford were better than us today but thankfully we got the crucial goal and hung on to win.

Jan 6, 2004
Not the purring green machine playing the opposition off the park of recent matches but in some ways this victory was even more satisfying. It is grinding out results on a slightly off day that is the true mark of promotion contenders. Oxford were not half bad either.

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
Well put, GF; I guess it cannot be “ all fabulous, fluid, play-them-off-the Park matches” even though we’ve got a little spoilt recently.

Apr 21, 2012
Malvern
I thought it was a good workmanlike performance today matched by a superlative effort from the Green Army.

Sometimes the percentage ball - attempting to thread the eye of a needle- didn't quite pay off, but the positions the team take up in the attacking third make those passes a possibility at least.

Great performances from Carey, whose workrate was excellent, and the two centre backs were equally strong.

From his celebration, I thinks it's safe to assume that Bradley's future lies with Argyle.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Much better second half than first, but still had to dig in, which we did.

Sonny and Yann excellent all game. Carey and Taylor came into it second half which helped us get up the pitch. Sawyer up against a Man City winger and a Chelsea full back struggled. Vyner looked uncomfortable at right back but just about held his own. Midfield three did just enough.

They caused us some problems. Interesting to note that their best players in my view (the two fullbacks, right winger, and Mowatt in the middle) are all on loan from teams higher up the pyramid - two from Chelsea and one from Man City!

Not a great performance but a great three points. Confidence seems high. Players showed a lot of passion at the end celebrating with the fans.

COYG

May 3, 2017
We certainly had to dig deep and grind it out today. It wasnt pretty and there were definitely some tired legs out there today but we did enough and that’s great credit to the lads. I thought Oxford looked a reasonable side and I’ll be surprised if they go down. I bet they wish they had Ryan Taylor back in their team as they lacked presence up front.

Aug 5, 2016
The Oxford number 32 looked a decent player. Good feet and end product to go with his sharp pace. Just checked and he's a 19 year old on loan from Manchester City.

West Norwood Green

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 3, 2004
First game I've seen since Wimbledon away and clearly one where the whole was greater than the sum of the parts. Not at our best, but the shape and feel of a v good team is in there. I could see why Vyner was put at RB. Adams not wanting to risk two 'slow' full backs. There isn't a first choice player I'm unhappy about and that's a rare thing but I do have one uncertainty though and that's about Ness. I rate him but I'm not sure what his role is. Fox sits deep, Sarcevic is more box to box and Carey & Lameris play attacking roles wide of Taylor. What is Ness's remit? He doesn't seem to be a stopper, or overtly creative. Just wondering.

Also, what was Bradley's celebration about? The badge kissing speaks for itself but the pointing at the pitch? I like to think it was 'you lot are on the pitch with us' but perhaps that's wishful thinking.

Aug 22, 2006
Emu":1qx4sw6t said:
Matthews 7, Vyner 6, Songo'o 8, Bradley 7, Sawyer 5, Fox 7, Sarcevic 6, Ness 7, Lameiras 6, Carey 8, Taylor 7. Subs Grant 6, Taylor-Sinclair 6.

Yeah exactly as I saw it. Perhaps 6.5 for Vyner and Lameiras.