Brief Synopsis | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
I was sitting in South Stand amongst the Oxford fans. Generally they were satisfied with their team’s performance- but after a 7 - 0 home defeat and losses at home to Bury and Bristol Rovers they had reason to be. Their best player going off helped us.
In first half both teams were workmanlike but uninspired.
Taylor was winning his fair share of kick outs but couldn’t quite link up with Carey and Lameiras. . In fact Lameiras made no impact at all and could have been subbed earlier. Sarcevic covered a lot of ground but as with Fox and Ness lacked the final ball
Their winger had Sawyer for pace all afternoon but fortunately the big striker was very predictable and Bradley and Songo’o were able to snuff out crosses. Vyner did okay but looked like he was a cb playing as a full back.
Second half highlights were goalmouth scrambles in each box

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Thoughts on Bradley? Listening to commentary, a few times I heard 'done for pace', 'out muscled' or 'given away'. I had concerns after Wimbledon and Wigan too. I just worry that he isn't firing on all cylinders. Happy with the goal tho!

Jun 2, 2016
Sat with Oxford fan in the Argyle end. He thought they played best they had for a long time.
First half was tight all round. Oxford not a real threat.
Game opened up second half and Oxford looked dangerous on both flanks.
Sonny's goal changed everything and Taylor should have doubled it.
Overall comfortable.
MOM Matthews who handled crosses beautifully.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Monster Green":2vihj28h said:
Thoughts on Bradley? Listening to commentary, a few times I heard 'done for pace', 'out muscled' or 'given away'. I had concerns after Wimbledon and Wigan too. I just worry that he isn't firing on all cylinders. Happy with the goal tho!

He was excellent. Spent a lot of the game covering for Sawyer and up against the pacy winger on loan from Man City. Won every header and didn’t let anything through the middle. Oh, and scored the winner.

Jun 7, 2015
For me today the whole team were immense, the sort of game a few months back we were on the receiving end of a defeat or a last minute equaliser we have now ground into 3 points. Remi, Song'o and Bradley were magnificent, the latter my MoM for not only scoring the winner but putting it all on the line and backing up Sawyer when he really needed it against a very skillfull and pacy winger. Vyner battled hard against an equally pacy foe on the right but did look a fish out of water in that position. All in all though I thought it an incredibly strong display defensively, especially in the air where they looked unbeatable.

In midfield i do worry a little, for me Sarcevic, Ness and Fox all looked a little leggy between them, though thats no slight on their commitment and effort, and was surprised that Grant for Lameiras was the only substitution made, just to give us a lttle more energy. Carey really did look class doing the hard yards with the rest of the boys as well as on the ball, and i really feel for Taylor who seemed to be hampered by centrebacks fresh from US pro wrestling and officials who appeared to think they were reffing a rugby union game as opposed to association football when it came to him.

In summary it was a game we couldve lost earlier in the year but this team now has more than found its feet in this division, seen how its more than just a sum of its parts and is reallly starting to believe in itself, in the same way the fans believe in them. Everyone stuck together, dug in and got what they deserved, 3 points.

I was worried that due to a sellout and allocated seating that the green army would be down today but not a bit of it, the atmosphere was superb, to grateful ackonwledgement and mutual appreciation from DA and the team at the end.

I would like to give a big shout out though to the 4 or 5 ticketless Argyle fans who for 90mins stood individually on some sort of Stonehenge monoliths near the Hollywood bowl behind the missing West stand trying to get a view over the fence. Living in Reading it was also great to hear the Argyle noise in Reading station making the locals aware that proper support was in town, a few more results like today and maybe itll be back soon for a league game....

Sep 19, 2015
the_corkscrew":utar23eh said:
Sat with Oxford fan in the Argyle end. He thought they played best they had for a long time.
Overall comfortable.

Why was there an Oxford fan in the Argyle end when there ground was
Half empty and there was Argyle fans requiring tickets?? Poor form

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
and was surprised that Grant for Lameiras was the only substitution made,

Substitutes:

Joel Grant (Lameiras 64) 6
Aaron Taylor-Sinclair (Sawyer 78)

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Lobster":10d25vke said:
Monster Green":10d25vke said:

He was excellent. Spent a lot of the game covering for Sawyer and up against the pacy winger on loan from Man City. Won every header and didn’t let anything through the middle. Oh, and scored the winner.

Fair enough, cheers for the overview

Oct 31, 2015
Ottawa Green":1blg2y9g said:
and was surprised that Grant for Lameiras was the only substitution made,

Substitutes:

Joel Grant (Lameiras 64) 6
Aaron Taylor-Sinclair (Sawyer 78)

ATS must be pushing our captain out to get a start. Gary has struggled in two matches on the trot now against pacey wingers. Perhaps a few days in the sun will do him good

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Monster Green":323xme95 said:
Lobster":323xme95 said:
Monster Green":323xme95 said:

Fair enough, cheers for the overview

Plus he was suffering from illness this week so that may explain if he was a yard off the pace in the last two games.

Jun 2, 2016
PlymouthCasual":323pm6fb said:
the_corkscrew":323pm6fb said:
Overall comfortable.

Why was there an Oxford fan in the Argyle end when there ground was
Half empty and there was Argyle fans requiring tickets?? Poor form
Just a group of mates. 1 was Oxford and he'd rather come in with us than splitting up.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Monster Green":3cxro0p1 said:
For many years now I have learned that the regular and main contributors to the Brief Synopsis (sponsored by Goldbergs Solicitors) generally give a better impression of the game than any of the commentators. At League One level players do get done for pace now and again and they do give the ball away - that is why they are playing at this level. But the very nature of commentary means it is a microscopic inspection whereas this forum gives a better overview.