Brief Synopsis | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Oh I can't be arsed. £50 saved over the rest of this season at least. Roll on 2021/22.

Cooper 7 MOTM, Aimson 5, Opoku 5, Watts 5, Fornah 4, Edwards 3, Camara 4, Mayor 4, Lewis 4, Jephcott 4, Ennis 5... subs dunno, I stopped paying attention.

Sep 22, 2020
difficult run in could mean last 7 games lost! WHY PLAY LOAN PLAYERS NOW???

very uninspiring and seems to be no planning for next season so presume we just start from almost scratch again in july?

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
Comfortably beaten by a much better team... fair enough. The worry is that you can look at our remaining games and make a case for us getting nothing out of them.

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
Dan Ellard":2x825k5y said:
Oh I can't be arsed. £50 saved over the rest of this season at least. Roll on 2021/22.

Cooper 7 MOTM, Aimson 5, Opoku 5, Watts 5, Fornah 4, Edwards 3, Camara 4, Mayor 4, Lewis 4, Jephcott 4, Ennis 5... subs dunno, I stopped paying attention.

Bless you, Dan, for a laugh out loud moment amongst the gloom. :thumbs: :lol:

D

Deleted member 9145

If promotion is the goal next season then the only 2 definites are Cooper and Ennis. Question marks on Edwards Camara and Mayor and possibly aimson that’s it.

Should be a v different team in August.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
themightykeithfear":1oayx410 said:
If promotion is the goal next season then the only 2 definites are Cooper and Ennis. Question marks on Edwards Camara and Mayor and possibly aimson that’s it.

Who said anything about promotion next season?

Your kidding right?

Jul 12, 2016
Tugboat":1bn6ti7u said:
themightykeithfear":1bn6ti7u said:

Your kidding right?

:funny:

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Hull are a strong physical side well versed in the dark arts and were worthy winners....we are no match for physical sides and are a little wet behind the ears ...individual errors yet again cost us although we could still be playing now and still score nil.....Jephcott is a shadow of his former self and Mayor has no end product....there you go....Hull had Argyle in their back pocket from start to finish...five loanees go back at the end of the season and we start again with another new team...not the way to build a successful side ...and no guarantees that things will be any different next season ...

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
themightykeithfear":3f12j044 said:

I would not think we’d have a snowballs chance in hell of promotion next season. 5 year plan wasn’t it? And those players, I wouldn’t judge Camara and Edwards by the last few games. They’ve had very solid seasons. Aimson had a rubbish start but is getting better and better. Mayor has got to offer more I’m afraid but he is genuinely a player if we can get that extra out of him. Other than that, start again with all the loan players out, and the extras who come on as subs and make zero difference whatsoever. What is sure is that we will be with the same strikers. Jephcott won’t get signed elsewhere with this Jeckyll and Hyde season and we will need to work with what we’ve got.

Mar 14, 2009
I can’t even get the 3ATB versus 4ATB debate.

How bad do performances, not even results, have to be to understand these players aren’t good enough in a 3ATB. Everything goes down the left. The right hand side becomes non existent. At least when we had 4ATB we had attacks down both sides.

Here we are championing for Danny Mayor to resign for next season. A great dribbler. Yet the countless times his final ball today didn’t end going to an Argyle shirt. Yet he is today probably MotM. Not because of a great or even good performance. Yet because he is the only guy with ability to create something. So we effectively give him MotM because of some loverly dribbling with no end product.

Here we as fans desperate to watch some attacking quality. And so we defend and champion a guy that if we didn’t have this team would be even more hopeless than it currently is. That’s our acceptance as fans at the moment. We have had him for two seasons and unfortunately Mayor finally pass, cross or shot has always been an issue. Great on the eye (style) but there is no consistent end product (substance).

And that’s where we are as a football club. So do we spend a hefty chunk of our budget next season re-signing him or do we say actually if we want to push on we need better.

Our goal was to survive. However, whilst surviving you need to put in place building blocks for next season. You need to find a system and a play style you can develop. As we stand tonight the 3-5-2 looks dreadful and l have no idea what our play style is about from hoof it down the pitch or hope Mayor does something with one of his dribbles.

The loan players are not good enough. The mentality of this team isn’t good enough.

However, these performances the buck stops with Lowe. Don’t tell me your angry at last weeks performance only to send the team out playing slow, uninspiring football with players making basic ‘park league’ defensive mistakes.

The question tonight that worries is this. Is it Opoku standing on the ball in our final third thinking he is Mardonna or is it Lowe telling them defending like this is acceptable? If it’s Opoku then why is he being picked? If it’s Lowe then we are in serious trouble.

From that mistake today, to the Watts failed attempt shepherding out the ball at Portsmouth in final 10 mins, the Conor Grant back pass last weekend or the Lewis back pass at Ipswich Town.

It’s never ending defensive mistakes that aren’t even debatable.

I honestly don’t know where we go from here because l see no identity, no style and no solution.

D

Deleted member 9145

Tugboat":33xpmcnb said:
themightykeithfear":33xpmcnb said:

Your kidding right?

I said if it’s the goal. The goal is to win football matches isn’t it ? I’m sure that will be the team’s goal even if the stands are full of victor meldtews

One thing I’ve learnt over 50 years of watching argyle is that after any game we’re either garbage or brilliant and the truth is always somewhere in between

Jul 6, 2011
Those loan players need to go back, out of the back 3 only Aimson stood out and as for Fornah, what does the manager see in him?? I'm genuinely confused.
Camara to me seems so bl00dy inconsistent. I have to confess I really cannot understand the euphoria about him, I think he practices to disappoint....
Looking at the situation overall we need experience at the back, a midfield beast of the jock Morrison mentality and maybe give the so-called established strikers a shake up by playing Lolos. To me he was the only one who actually tried.
Cooper 7
Watts 5
Opoku 4
Aimson 7
Lewis 6
Fornah 5
Edward's 5
Mayor 6
Camara 5
Jephcott 5
Ennis 5

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
What a pile of CRAP https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2021/april/ ... ll-city-3/ patient passing football, settled into spells of possession, delightful cross, Argyle were the side pressing at the end of the half, A fabulous move down the left,...... Is Cowdery back doing these reports. Maybe let a real fan write the report and say the truth.