Brief Synopsis | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis

RKB

ā™£ļø PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
If Lowe can't work out what this team lacks based on today's evidence, he never will.
Streetwise, aggressive, muscular, direct, clinical. Hull were everything we are not.
The contrast couldn't have been starker.

Forest of Dean Green

āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
xmastree":3j84f2g5 said:
HC Green":3j84f2g5 said:
Mark Pedlar":3j84f2g5 said:
Loads of over thinking, and as usual after a defeat full blown over the top, "the end is nigh" style criticism.

Hull are a good team.

For many games we played 3-5-2 and were successful.

We had good periods today but were outdone by some naive defending.

We have a lot of younger players ergo, we will have naive moments.

We have achieved what most of us would have settled for before this season.

The style is much better than Adams, Sheridan etc. It's not as good as Sturrock but then who is?

Mayor is not a world beater, if he was he wouldn't be playing for us.

Jephcott is a young guy, too much expectation.

Most of these players will be here next year. They will be a year more experienced, the aim will be top half finish. This is a long term project, get used to it.

What is the current teams style?
Scoring less goals and conceding more goals than a team that got relegated is not a great style to aspire to.
The hype was that the team would play fast attractive attacking football, the stats would suggest they arenā€™t.

I actually think Derek Adams gets a hard time on here. In four years as a manager he got us promoted, came close to getting us into the L1 play-offs, and recruited a few very good players. Yes, there were significant negatives to go with these positives, but the guy gave it everything and doesn't deserve some of the more extreme comments he receives.

The biggest single reason that Derek Adams is going down in my estimation at present, is the company he chooses to keep.

The day we stop talking about Adams when talking about Lowe cannot come too soon. Why on earth Adams gets mentioned in a synopsis of a game now, with a manager who just got us promoted and will keep us in this league (and has a long contract) utterly baffles me.

Larry David

āœ… Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
RKB":dxo7xm0m said:
If Lowe can't work out what this team lacks based on today's evidence, he never will.
Streetwise, aggressive, muscular, direct, clinical. Hull were everything we are not.

Totally agree with this. As for the ā€œwhat do you expect, weā€™re still a jolly good teamā€ brigade we are not and I canā€™t have the fact that some of these players should be here next season. Itā€™s absolutely plain that a few of the loanees are nowhere near good enough for this level let alone to be part of a promotion side nor are a few of the permanent signings.

Watts no chance, Aimson too inconsistent, Opoku needs to improve, Camara needs to learn how to head a ball and finish, Mayor quality but so frustrating shoot on sight please, Jephcott a shadow of the player since Portsmouth, Hardie maybe a league above his level.

I could carry on but itā€™s clear we havenā€™t made the progress we should have done. We started the season ok as a newly promoted team but we appear to be going backwards and thatā€™s a worry, apart from anything else it must have an effect on season ticket or ifollow sales.

I think we need five or six better players in the starting eleven to even come close to challenging for promotion next season.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Larry David":3vldxanp said:
RKB":3vldxanp said:

Totally agree with this. As for the ā€œwhat do you expect, weā€™re still a jolly good teamā€ brigade we are not and I canā€™t have the fact that some of these players should be here next season. Itā€™s absolutely plain that a few of the loanees are nowhere near good enough for this level let alone to be part of a promotion side nor are a few of the permanent signings.

Watts no chance, Aimson too inconsistent, Opoku needs to improve, Camara needs to learn how to head a ball and finish, Mayor quality but so frustrating shoot on sight please, Jephcott a shadow of the player since Portsmouth, Hardie maybe a league above his level.

I could carry on but itā€™s clear we havenā€™t made the progress we should have done. We started the season ok as a newly promoted team but we appear to be going backwards and thatā€™s a worry, apart from anything else it must have an effect on season ticket or ifollow sales.

I think we need five or six better players in the starting eleven to even come close to challenging for promotion next season.
i agree we need new players for next season but ryan and his coaching colleagues have to come up with better tactics than what we have seen today and against shrewsbury,wigan,northampton to mention just four.totally inept tactics.

May 16, 2016
Just under two years ago, Hull FC banked the last of their premier league parachute payments of Ā£35M, around about the same time as we got relegated to L2. We played Scunthorpe in a game where one of their players scored after Matt Macey thought he'd put the ball out after injury. Cooper came on to replace him.

Larry David

āœ… Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Guiri Green":146r9crj said:
Just under two years ago, Hull FC banked the last of their premier league parachute payments of Ā£35M, around about the same time as we got relegated to L2. We played Scunthorpe in a game where one of their players scored after Matt Macey thought he'd put the ball out after injury. Cooper came on to replace him.

Thatā€™s a very good and valid point if we were talking about one performance but weā€™re not itā€™s just one in a litany of poor performances. Anyway the season is effectively over and the players obviously arenā€™t bothered so time in the close season to look for a fresh group of players and come up with a better system than the 3-5-2 vulnerable to a long ball over the top slow passing sideways and back rinse and repeat never going anywhere nonsense.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
RKB":1q2k75o4 said:

RL's post match interview comments focussed on individual errors and how those must stop by defenders. It does beg the question as to how they can be stopped if the skill set of the offending player is incapable of being raised. With loan players, who are culprits, the remedy is easy, in as much they can quickly revert to their mother clubs, but it puts a big onus in the summer closed season recruitment to be better, not based on hope, nor the coaches of the mother clubs talking up expectations in class.

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
Our biggest failure is not having suitable alternatives to our current starting 11.

Yes we have a bench but every sub is almost like for like.

Weā€™ve got a massive re build for next season

Apr 9, 2011
We are a poor squad most of whom are barely lg1 standard. Dont agree with Mark Pedlar comments about "a long term process" as i have already said hopefully most of this lot will be gone next season as they are just not good enough& it will mean starting again from square one & so it goes on :facepalm:
We are poor but the point made ref Hull & their " parachute payments is a valid one