Brief Synopsis | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis

Jul 12, 2016
PL2 3DQ said:
Our Tuesday night home results this season.

Charlton lost 6-0.
Wigan lost 2-0.
Peterborough lost 3-0.
Oxford lost 3-2.
Rochdale lost 4-0.
Doncaster won 2-1.
Swindon won 4-2.

Tonight we had just one shot on target.

Funnily enough we started the game well and forced several corners but it seems if we don't score early in the first half it's game over.
Once we concede the heads drop, we don't rally and fight to get back into the game and concede again.

It happens virtually game after game, we have a soft underbelly, Mayor goes missing faster than the flow of goals, there's no leaders and no fighters.

The whole team is just not well drilled, just what do they do on the training ground? There's been too many hammerings but we never hammer another team.

Law started well and is good going forward but he isn't a defender.
Once Aimson went off we were brittle and conceded three goals in just four minutes either side of half time, one was an unlucky own goal which came just after Edwards should have scored when he had a chance to shoot but declined.

53 points is good enough but the performances are no where near good enough. The last few months have been a

Jul 12, 2016
PL2 3DQ":20alxxm1 said:
Our Tuesday night home results this season.

Charlton lost 6-0.
Wigan lost 2-0.
Peterborough lost 3-0.
Oxford lost 3-2.
Rochdale lost 4-0.
Doncaster won 2-1.
Swindon won 4-2.

Tonight we had just one shot on target.

Funnily enough we started the game well and forced several corners but it seems if we don't score early in the first half it's game over.
Once we concede the heads drop, we don't rally and fight to get back into the game and concede again.

It happens virtually game after game, we have a soft underbelly, Mayor goes missing faster than the flow of goals, there's no leaders and no fighters.

The whole team is just not well drilled, just what do they do on the training ground? There's been too many hammerings but we never hammer another team.

Law started well and is good going forward but he isn't a defender.
Once Aimson went off we were brittle and conceded three goals in just four minutes either side of half time, one was an unlucky own goal which came just after Edwards should have scored when he had a chance to shoot but declined.

53 points is good enough but the performances are no where near good enough. The last few months have been a shambles.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
The Doctor":1ju442ir said:
We’re an absolute shambles.

I don’t think the management team have any idea whatsoever how to set a team up to be strong defensively.

Certain players, e.g. MacLeod and Moore, are a complete waste of space on the pitch.

Other players, e.g. Watts, Camara and Jephcott, started the season well but have got progressively worse and worse since the autumn. Ennis seems to be going the same way.

I’ve no idea what has happened to Hardie.

Make no mistake, this season is not over yet...

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang, but a whimper.

This sums it up.

No idea why Moore was introduced after Aimson injury.

There was no shape at all, the centre of our defence was non-existent.

I don’t think we will be relegated, but, recent performances have been a thousand miles away from the minimum we should expect.

Why was Lowe sat down and Schumacher standing watching? Very little sign of leaders on our bench or the pitch.

Lot of work to be done before August.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
humiliating spineless collapse.look at adkins at 4-0 up and shouting for more effort from his players and our army of coaches sat there looking disinterested.my ratings;
cooper 2
watts 0
aimson 0
edwards 3
hardie 4
mayor 0
macleod 0
woods 2
law 9
camara 0
jephcott 4
management.coaches,statisticians,dietary advisor,podiatrist,doctor,physios,psychiatrist etc etc minus google. :furious:

Aug 11, 2013
Last time we lost 6-0 at home was to Reading in 56-57 season I think? ... so Lowe has equalled a 65 year old record .. quite something.

May 3, 2016
We have more backroom staff and commercial staff than we do playing staff that could be the problem.
Argyle have lost their DNA only Tony Wrathall on the board is a true Janner.

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
arrythewurzel":119rtvfp said:
Last time we lost 6-0 at home was to Reading in 56-57 season I think? ... so Lowe has equalled a 65 year old record .. quite something.

I thought that Reading game was in the books as our worst ever home performance in the league. So tonight equals it. Amazing achievement.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Im livid,heartbroken & my hatred for the team that pretended to be Argyle tonight is off the scale- no passion, no fight , no desire & that includes the clueless individuals sat in the dugout- the body language of all these so called professionals suggest they have all checked out & are going through the motions thinking job done- well wake up & smell the coffee it is not job done

We wont get a refund after watching that embrassment- they should all be ashamed of themselves- i dont want excuses i want backbone & fight

My faith in RL is zilch- how is he going to talk is way out of this- oh let me guess its not my fault its the players- the excuses box is now running on fumes & he needs to man up

Do i want to listen to his post match probably not- he will never admit to his shortcomings because it will never be is fault

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
The worst ever home performance I have witnessed at Home Park. The most telling statistic - Argyle committed one foul in the game. Thankfully, Charlton took their foot off after the flurry of second half goals because I feared it would be even worse.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
20mins plus of decent play at the start but we never got close to scoring.

Charlton on the other hand were clinical.

Reasonable players earlier in the season like Jephcott and Camara now look totally out of their depth. We can't defend either, one mistake and the next thing you know the balls in our net.

I really think the coaching team don't have a clue, the blame on the whole rests with them rather than the players. They kept trying even if they did totally lack conviction.

May 16, 2016
I'm no good at these synopsis things but suffice to say that since the Administration days, I've bought an extra ST for my Grandson and in the last 2 seasons, a 3rd one for his brother. This despite knowing that since 2016 I'd be out of the country for large chunks of the season, regularly flying in for games. The disappointment of this year after the promise it offered has left me seriously considering not to bother anymore.

We've been through so much, but after the arrival of a chairman who's raised our hopes for a better Argyle, including the improvement in the stadium, to be feeling the same sense of hopelessness as I did when we were seriously in danger of disappearing, I'm not sure I can do it anymore.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
mutley marvel":cdvu91ub said:
Im livid,heartbroken & my hatred for the team that pretended to be Argyle tonight is off the scale- no passion, no fight , no desire & that includes the clueless individuals sat in the dugout- the body language of all these so called professionals suggest they have all checked out & are going through the motions thinking job done- well wake up & smell the coffee it is not job done

We wont get a refund after watching that embrassment- they should all be ashamed of themselves- i dont want excuses i want backbone & fight

My faith in RL is zilch- how is he going to talk is way out of this- oh let me guess its not my fault its the players- the excuses box is now running on fumes & he needs to man up

Do i want to listen to his post match probably not- he will never admit to his shortcomings because it will never be is fault
maybe he forgot to tell the players the game plan. :facepalm:

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
area51":f0ufrxru said:
We have more backroom staff and commercial staff than we do playing staff that could be the problem.
Argyle have lost their DNA only Tony Wrathall on the board is a true Janner.

No. Hallett was a childhood supporter and has put together a very impressive team. He’s banked on a young manager who he thinks will learn and has an appetite to do so. Now we will see if that decision was a wise one as it is clear, Lowe has a hell of a lot to learn before we kick off again next season. By Christmas next season we will probably be in the space to judge whether the gamble is paying off. Soooo much depends on the recruitment strategy this summer.