Brief Synopsis | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
We have the 7th best home record in League One but our home goal difference is minus 6! Crazy!

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Guiri Green":33wdqd0m said:
We've been through so much, but after the arrival of a chairman who's raised our hopes for a better Argyle, including the improvement in the stadium, to be feeling the same sense of hopelessness as I did when we were seriously in danger of disappearing, I'm not sure I can do it anymore.

I’m sure I’ll feel better in the morning but this does sum up my feelings too, right now. We were told that ‘same old Argyle’ is no more, but we’re getting it again in spades.

I genuinely do think Argyle are cursed, or at least our geographical location is SUCH a hindrance that we just cannot overcome it beyond fourth tier level.

As you say, it just feels futile when you throw money, experienced personnel, grandstands and exciting young managers at it... and we still can’t compete on the pitch.

Jun 15, 2013
This is Lowe's very first season in League 1, so I still have faith in him. However he needs to recruit 'League 1 standard players' in the next window. Now only two or three players are capable of playing in this league.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
We just caved in. Charlton didn’t have to get out of 3rd gear to beat us.
In the second half, they only seemed to get into our penalty area about 6 times; they scored 4 and missed another ‘sitter’.

Feb 4, 2020
Look..Mr Hallett..thank you for such awesome support through such difficult times. I fear the 'Merseyside Mafia' have you by d short and curlies.
We were v fortunate to get promoted in all honesty....but it is nieve to think Lowe n Dewsnip will change anything for next season..we are a disgrace..Just a worried fan constantly since 1969.
PS ..whatever happens..get rid of Mayor on his ridiculous unjustifiable salary..

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Graham Clark":35xvgvoo said:
The worst ever home performance I have witnessed at Home Park. The most telling statistic - Argyle committed one foul in the game. Thankfully, Charlton took their foot off after the flurry of second half goals because I feared it would be even worse.

Surprised this has brought no comment.

This is almost unbelievable in a game.

Lowe threatened to play the kids after the capitulation at Shrewsbury since when only Law has started one game.

Surely there will be new faces at Oxford. Why keep using Macleod and,Moore at this stage of the season?

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Argyle were superb.
Superb in the 20 yards of the pitch between the halfway line and Charlton's box.
Everywhere else on the pitch they were utterly pathetic.
The defence is the softest set of players I've seen playing at the back for Argyle...I think the Charlton players could even have taken their lunch money off them on the way into the ground too.

Oct 20, 2015
Imagine if you'd seen the first 20 minutes of the game, then something had happened and you had to miss the rest. If someone told you it finished with a six-nil drubbing, you'd have laughed in their face.

The commentator said it was the brightest start to an Argyle game for some time, and I agree - we looked great, forced lots of corners (obviously without scoring from them) and had Charlton on the back foot.

Not sure what the turning point was (Aimson's injury?) but we were bobbins after that. Spineless, useless, clumsy, slow... pick any negative adjective, we were that.

I really worry that Lowe hasn't got the presence to give the team the punishment they deserve. Extra training, docked wages, the lot. They need to be in a room, TODAY, forced to watch each and every mistake again and again. Then they should be shown some PASOTI comments for good measure.

I hate it when this happens. You can see the ground opening up in slow motion, this is like the end of the Adams era all over again. Just make it stop, play 6-3-1, do whatever you have to do but just stop gifting goals. All of us would bite your arm off if you offered a 0-0 from any of our remaining games.

Sep 2, 2008
Biggs":f8q69x6u said:
Guiri Green":f8q69x6u said:
We've been through so much, but after the arrival of a chairman who's raised our hopes for a better Argyle, including the improvement in the stadium, to be feeling the same sense of hopelessness as I did when we were seriously in danger of disappearing, I'm not sure I can do it anymore.

I’m sure I’ll feel better in the morning but this does sum up my feelings too, right now. We were told that ‘same old Argyle’ is no more, but we’re getting it again in spades.

I genuinely do think Argyle are cursed, or at least our geographical location is SUCH a hindrance that we just cannot overcome it beyond fourth tier level.

As you say, it just feels futile when you throw money, experienced personnel, grandstands and exciting young managers at it... and we still can’t compete on the pitch.

It definitely is so when you consider this, our budget and then base your recruitment on data you find that you only have a very, very small pool to choose from. We end up feeding from the bottom of the pool. Sort the recruitment process out. Bin the data and do it properly i.e. boots on the ground and use the mark 1 eyeball.

There are a load of very talented players out there with heart and desire that would love to play football at a pro level but they are not even considered because they dont have any data to be analysed and so are not included in Lowes database. The chairman needs to realise that analysing data may work for him in the job he does but that does not mean it will work in football. For everything that is sh*t, there is a root cause and the root cause for our pathetic performance this season is the woeful recruitment process that we employ. Bin it!

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
I feel sorry for the payers actually ... Lowe is going to make them watch the game this morning.

They don´t know is an X rated watch :greensmile:

Dec 29, 2011
I have just about regained composure after watching that shambles last night.The only saving grace was that if fans had been allowed I would have been travelling back overnight to London with the Charlton fans.
What a bunch of wimps we currently have in our team .They come across as nice guys when interviewed but I feel that is the problem ,they are too nice.
I remember many years ago when Jock Morrison allegedly had a tete a tete with David Regis at half time in the dressing room during a match,not happy with Mr Regis's contribution to the cause.We have no characters in our team who would do that currently(.Must next season)They can still be good people to have around the dressing room ,but have that edge to them.

As for Ryan Lowe if things aren't going right he just retreats into his dugout not to be seen again.It is left to Schumacher to come out and show his face.Surely that is when you need your manager most.

This could well be the second season in the last 3 seasons where we have thrown away a massive points lead over AFC Wimbledon for them to overtake us.I cannot see us getting another point this season to be honest.
So Lowe set them a points target a few weeks ago.(Cannot have been too challenging)

Jan 28, 2011
SHROPSHIRE
Andy Maidenhead":usd56zzj said:
Look..Mr Hallett..thank you for such awesome support through such difficult times. I fear the 'Merseyside Mafia' have you by d short and curlies.
We were v fortunate to get promoted in all honesty....but it is nieve to think Lowe n Dewsnip will change anything for next season..we are a disgrace..Just a worried fan constantly since 1969.
PS ..whatever happens..get rid of Mayor on his ridiculous unjustifiable salary..
:clap:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I haven't seen a Charlton Matchday Moments yet. Probably for the best. :)

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
I dont think they will have the nerve or the bottle to produce a Matchday Moments for that horror show- why would you want to relive it - maybe they could produce a copy for all the players who did not cover themselves in glory