Brief Synopsis!!! | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!!

Feb 22, 2008
Mainly Saltash
I enjoyed every minute, so did people around me. It felt a bit odd at first, like we were going to regret it later. We didn't.

Excellent atmosphere.

More of the same please.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
a very welcome three points which we thoroughly deserved. i voted for soukouna as my man of the match and i also thought that atkinson had a good match and feeney worked his socks off again as a lone wolf and took his goal well. if we can get a big guy in up front to help feeney we will score goals. i thought berry and nelson played well and simon king , when he is up to 100% fitness will be a very good player, he was good today but clearly tired after about an hour.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Today is not a day to dwell too much on the performance but to reflect on the day as a whole and what it means to us the fans.The record will show we won 2-0, so keeping a much deserved clean sheet. We won 3 points. But more than that we regained a bit of self respect as both a football team and a football club.

So many fans from so many clubs made the atmosphere and look and feel of HP so different from normal. Still so sad with all this help we could still only muster an overr all total of 6,005.

But who cares, 3 points is 3 points and were on our way. Roll on Crawley next week.

R

Rob O'Hare

Just back. Very emotional. HP rocking for the first time in ages. Loved it.

We played as a team today, Walton was brilliant organising the midfield. Still not sure about Berry though.

Big thanks to Brighton fans. Friends for life. Special mention to the charlton fan as well who was singing along with us the whole match. I celebrated our second goal with a Soton, Brighton and Newcastle fan. Very strange, but one of those football moments to remember.

Oct 24, 2010
Not pretty but great result. Shades of Luggy, getting the ball forward early and trying to win the ball in their last third, worked well at times, maybe a bit more composure on the ball might help next time.

Have to get those Brighton lads back for the next game

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
Thought we defended set pieces much better today. Walton stepped up as captain. Good to see the huddle back. Every player seemed up for it and more confident about what their role was. Good coaching can turn them into a team capable of holding its own and confidence will grow. Feeling much more optimistic today. It was a fantastic day after so much gloom and doom and one I will remember for a long time, not least because I met some fellow fans from here for the first time. Brighton fans did us proud and should feel very proud for themselves. Feeling emotionally drained now. Well done to everyone who made today so special.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
What a day! I'd forgotten what it was like to watch a good game at HP, with a great atmosphere and to see Argyle win. But today was more than a simple return to old & near-forgotten pleasures. I felt quite choked up as we made our way from the ground and more than ever felt that there is something special, even unique about this corner of the foootball world. The 'other' fans (especially Brighton) were fantastic and may have applied the football equivalent of a defibrillator to re-start the heart of our club, that was frankly dying before our eyes. A quite unique atmosphere unlikely to ever be repeated - and thank God the players stepped up for us. Whatever their short-comings they gave their all and that is all we can ever ask of them. Wonderful .....simply wonderful.

B

Born_To_Be_Green

I met some Brighton fans, plus guys from Aston Villa, Norwich and some guy who came all the way down from Falkirk!

Absolute respect and huge thanks to each and everyone one of you.

But, only 6,000 there - shame on you if you didn't get to what was a great occasion.

gil

Feb 22, 2008
What a day. Regardless of the actual footie played a win was written in the stars with all the emotion flowing. The sense of relief when the first goal went in was overwhelming. Chap two rows behind me was in tears. To see the Brighton fans standing singing our songs for us was humbling. And the whole of the Grandstand standing for the chant of 'stand up for the football fans'. :lol:

The team responded to the occasion and lets hope the rest is history....

We are the left side!

Mar 14, 2009
I think football was in the winner today.

Last few months supporting this team has become harder as the week go by. Dispointment of the way the situation was being handled and frustation of the adminstration process had cast a dark gloom I believe in many an Argyle fans heart.

Yet this inspired idea of the FansFest just rekindled my faith in football. I think what stood out more than the chanting and the singing were rival fans sitting together for the greater cause and having a bloody enjoyable experience. I am saddened with the way football is going, especially if you are not a top 10 premiership club. Yet today just shows football is more than just about winning, week in, week out!

Having said that, the win today gave us the shot in the arm the players and fans needed. It was the first time in a while I have seen the keeper extended a few times during the match. We seem quite bright at times. The midfield is the right blend. Hourlane, needs to play more nearer the forward. Too many times I thought he is too deep in matches.

One area that does need looking at is defending crosses into our box. There does seem an issue where there isnt a person that takes charge, eg Graham Couglan like!

Atmosphere was fantastic. The result was perfect. A great "footballing day out". Well done to everyone who was there, especially those who travelled hundreds of miles wearing a Brighton, Norwich etc...shirt. You made the day very memorable indeed.

Hopefully we can have more situations like this organised, especially when maybe there are international breaks and teams in the Prem or Championship dont have matches to go to on a saturday.

argylemad":23i2u63k said:
Just back. Very emotional. HP rocking for the first time in ages. Loved it.

We played as a team today, Walton was brilliant organising the midfield. Still not sure about Berry though.

Big thanks to Brighton fans. Friends for life. Special mention to the charlton fan as well who was singing along with us the whole match. I celebrated our second goal with a Soton, Brighton and Newcastle fan. Very strange, but one of those football moments to remember.

That Charlton fan was my mate Rob, a true footy fan if ever there was one. He said its one of the best days out he's had in years. He absolutely loved the "for the Charlton fan stand up" chant. Haha! :thumbup: :thumbup: :D :D

Jan 29, 2010
plymouth
The best bit of all was to see the players playing proper football and not the three yard sideways passes that we have had to endure so far this season and as a previous poster said if felt like we had our club back again. :D :D :D