Brief Synopsis!!! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!!

Sep 1, 2006
We lost in with the formation. Allowed them too much time on the ball and let them play. Missed a bit of leadership out there.

Only Hourihane ever offering to join then front two. Lewis and Reid were far too isolated. No Width. No composure on the ball. No one willing to play football apart from Young.

Poor formation, poor tempo, poor tactics.

Its Scunthorpe not Barcelona.

B

Burdo

A close game but I think Sheridan needs to change the formation for home games. Parsons and Berry were not getting forward. We were overrun at times in Midfield and Reid and Alessandra were isolated at times. We also gave the ball away on too many occasions where Scunthorpe kept hold of it.

It could have gone either way but I still think we lack a cutting edge in midfield and up front.

Sep 28, 2003
London
tigertony":1vrcs4fn said:
Deacster":1vrcs4fn said:
Very unlucky, Lewis and Connor outstanding. Bad management not making subs while they brought on fresh legs lost it for us.
Scoring NIL vs 2 lost it for us. Nothing more or less really. Did the 3 subs produce a real hatful of chances in the 10 mins they were on ? No !
As Ainsworth said about Tuesday ''not a fair result but there you go its footy'' - move on to the next game. :scarf:

It was absolutely obvious the game was getting away from us, but Sheridan could neither see or react to it.

His use of substitutions is generally terrible - I'd love to know how many times this season we've made the first sub in a game.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Never deserved that...I'd go as far as saying we just about deserved to win based on the chances created.

Onwards to Tuesday now which is another tough game.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Burdo":3euid3jz said:
A close game but I think Sheridan needs to change the formation for home games. Parsons and Berry were not getting forward. We were overrun at times in Midfield and Reid and Alessandra were isolated at times. We also gave the ball away on too many occasions where Scunthorpe kept hold of it.

It could have gone either way but I still think we lack a cutting edge in midfield and up front.

I wouldn't say he necessarily needs to change it for home games, it quite clearly worked v Morecambe. But I would say he perhaps needs to change it depending on the opposition and their set up. Like how Ward figured it out when we went to the Mem. But then like you say, it could have gone either way - so it couldn't have been too bad.

Sep 1, 2006
How are people saying it was evenly matched. We had 40% possession, we parked the bloody bus and hoped we would 'nick it'.

We are better than that!!!!

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Deacster":1n0sv5yn said:
Very unlucky, Lewis and Connor outstanding. Bad management not making subs while they brought on fresh legs lost it for us.

:clap: :clap:

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
SMIAL":25xm989j said:
How are people saying it was evenly matched. We had 40% possession, we parked the bloody bus and hoped we would 'nick it'.

Were you there or are you purely basing it on stats?

Sep 28, 2003
London
Steve.PAFC2012":ahjd6gbb said:
SMIAL":ahjd6gbb said:

I was there, and agree. Their keeper made one save all match.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Andy Holland":2d4gwxo5 said:
Steve.PAFC2012":2d4gwxo5 said:
SMIAL":2d4gwxo5 said:

I was there, and agree. Their keeper made one save all match.
I don't. I believe it was evenly matched.

Mar 23, 2008
tigertony":2tiqr4hm said:
Deacster":2tiqr4hm said:
Scoring NIL vs 2 lost it for us. Nothing more or less really. Did the 3 subs produce a real hatful of chances in the 10 mins they were on ? No !
As Ainsworth said about Tuesday ''not a fair result but there you go its footy'' - move on to the next game. :scarf:
You're rather missing the point, no the three subs didn't do alot but it was too little too late. It was very re-active than than pro-active. It was a tight game and Wilcox made a bold move and won.

M

Monkey Nuts

Really really frustrating today, the lads went balls out today, and despite Scunthorpe clearly being a good team, I thought we well and truly deserved a draw!!

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Scunny are a very good,well organised side and its easy to see why they are unbeaten for twenty odd matches.In fact we could still be playing now and I don't think we would score.As the home team we should be attacking them more than we did,it was all scunny in the second half and it was only a matter of time before they scored.Desperately needed someone to come on and open up their defence,but again the subs were too little too late.Home form really needs to be better if we are looking at a play off spot.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Two teams playing some very good football; the game was thoroughly entertaining. 2-0 is a very harsh result, though, and their second was so unfortunate on us! I just wish we took our chances, and brought Tope Obadeyi and Marvin Morgan on earlier too.