Bristol City Match Thread. | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bristol City Match Thread.

G

greengiant1886

Balham_Green":d6tfinmk said:
greengiant1886":d6tfinmk said:
Balham_Green":d6tfinmk said:
Lesley Somerville":d6tfinmk said:
Whatever the final result, we are playing much better than we did on Saturday. Happy with that

Are you there?
Didn't stop you commenting on the performance at Walsall.

For the sake of accuracy can you point out my comments on the performance at Walsall?
Ok.

Brief Synopsis.

1. No delight mate. But there is a lot of rubbish written on here. Quite a few suggesting before we should be beating Walsall without any foundation. As indeed did you. I am quite concerned about the early signs to be honest in particular not today's result but the lack of pace throughout the team.Something else learnt today then - you don't like being proved wrong.

2. Not such a good time to play them then. Any concerns expressed are seen by the green tints like yourself as taking pleasure.

3. Grim reading for the green tints that especially the one dimensional bit. The truth hurts.

4. Oddball said he got his tactics wrong. And the manager is paid to get things right IN ADVANCE. Amazed at the comments on here about pace not being important. From the World Cup (ask Argentina) to Sunday League it's huge. Which is why I can't see us doing that well this season.

5. It is no doubt true that if you have so much quality in the team, as that team did, you can get away with limited pace. This side does not have such quality.

There are a few more, but all of these were made without you having seen the team play.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Army green":1sqcj1j3 said:
brilliant. What a positive day for the club. Let’s build on this. Selection headache for Adams for the next match

A headache for DA is far more acceptable than having the thread bare playing options that existed in recent seasons.

This result must be a confidence booster for Argyle. Bring on the next game. Well done the lads.

Sep 6, 2006
greengiant1886":2b7uvukk said:
Balham_Green":2b7uvukk said:
greengiant1886":2b7uvukk said:
Balham_Green":2b7uvukk said:
Lesley Somerville":2b7uvukk said:
Whatever the final result, we are playing much better than we did on Saturday. Happy with that

Are you there?

For the sake of accuracy can you point out my comments on the performance at Walsall?
Ok.

Brief Synopsis (sponsored by Goldbergs Solicitors).

1. No delight mate. But there is a lot of rubbish written on here. Quite a few suggesting before we should be beating Walsall without any foundation. As indeed did you. I am quite concerned about the early signs to be honest in particular not today's result but the lack of pace throughout the team.Something else learnt today then - you don't like being proved wrong.

2. Not such a good time to play them then. Any concerns expressed are seen by the green tints like yourself as taking pleasure.

3. Grim reading for the green tints that especially the one dimensional bit. The truth hurts.

4. Oddball said he got his tactics wrong. And the manager is paid to get things right IN ADVANCE. Amazed at the comments on here about pace not being important. From the World Cup (ask Argentina) to Sunday League it's huge. Which is why I can't see us doing that well this season.

5. It is no doubt true that if you have so much quality in the team, as that team did, you can get away with limited pace. This side does not have such quality.

There are a few more, but all of these were made without you having seen the team play.

Gave you something useful to do didn't it? And where in those comments is there anything talking specifically about the Walsall
game and the performance in particular rather than general comments about e.g. the need for pace? Want to do more research?

Feb 24, 2008
In Spain on holiday and before the game i said to my daughter who was on Ifollow it would be no surprise if Argyle won tonight ! Been a supporter for over 40 years and seen it so many times......and look what happens !

Get In !

G

greengiant1886

Balham_Green":up84q4ya said:
greengiant1886":up84q4ya said:
greengiant1886":up84q4ya said:
Lesley Somerville":up84q4ya said:

Are you there?

Ok.

Brief Synopsis (sponsored by Goldbergs Solicitors) (sponsored by Goldbergs Solicitors).

Gave you something useful to do didn't it? And where in those comments is there anything talking specifically about the Walsall
game and the performance in particular rather than general comments about e.g. the need for pace? Want to do more research?
Haha love as soon as you're proved wrong you act as if it was your master plan all along to waste my time.

1. I am quite concerned about the early signs - fair enough if you were at pre-season games but if not where are you getting these early signs from?

2. That one is specifically about the Walsall game.

3. In reference to what someone else has written about the Walsall game, calling it the "truth".

4. You can't see us doing well this season - based on what if not the Walsall game?

5. This side does not have much quality - same question.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Wow! Who'd have guessed this would be our first win of the season? FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC!!!

I salute every member of the GA who went tonight. I doubt any of them expected this result ....... given our dodgy first two games, our History in this competition and the quality of opposition I'm sure nearly everyone like me thought that at best we'd get a reasonably respectable defeat but feared something pretty grim - like last season. So to make the effort was brilliant and delighted they were there to see what (hopefully) will be the launch pad of our season.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Who has the rights to League Cup highlights? I’ve completely lost track.

I assume Quest?

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
9 changes by lee Johnson so whilst its a good win it was only against the bl00dy reserve team FFS.
Some people seem to be get carried away with it all.
Totally meaningless if we don't back it up and win on Saturday IMHO

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
samjones":2qtfjas6 said:
9 changes by lee Johnson so whilst its a good win it was only against the bl00dy reserve team FFS.
Knew you wouldn't take tonight very well :wave:

Fantastic win and a great confidence boost ahead of Saturday hopefully :scarf:

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
samjones":1qrjsm1p said:

Chris Errington said that their 3 forward players cost over £1m each.

samjones":5nqm0mv7 said:

That's true but it was the same last season and their reserves walloped us 5 nil. So a slight improvement methinks. Or maybe we should've played our reserves too. Oh wait, we did play four of them.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Aaron D.":2zqt4ozh said:
samjones":2zqt4ozh said:

That's true but it was the same last season and their reserves walloped us 5 nil. So a slight improvement methinks. Or maybe we should've played our reserves too. Oh wait, we did play four of them.

After Saturdays display versus tonight those 4 should be starters this weekend

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
samjones":3t1e6jq9 said:

You can only beat what's put in front of you.
Bristol City's reverses will have players of calibre and Argyle made some changes.
You're right to say the league is the bread and butter and we need to see improvement on Saturday but a win is good for morale and could set up a mini run and some extra revenue. All in all pleasantly surprised by a win tonight.

samjones":2owfm6fe said:
Aaron D.":2owfm6fe said:
samjones":2owfm6fe said:

After Saturdays display versus tonight those 4 should be starters this weekend

That's my point. City's reserves last season all made an excellent case for inclusion the following game. This season they didn't perform so well and they came across a more resolute Argyle team.

It's a fantastic win and also very rare for us to be in the second round. A result against higher league opposition to be enjoyed and savoured. I certainly am.