Bristol City Match Thread. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bristol City Match Thread.

Aug 11, 2013
I’d prefer a second string tonight as I think we’ll get battered and that will do our preferred first team no good psychologically whatsoever if they play. Better a patched up second string that we can put our excuses on. Tugboat mentions our staring 11. They did a lot of staring on Saturday whilst saffend ran rings around them. Staring 11 is about right ! Time for a shake up and experimentation imo

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
If we win, it would be a fantastic achievement. If we lose - well, it wouldn't exactly be the first time we've lost at this stage of the League Cup.

As my granddad used to say every time we lost a relatively meaningless game - madderdoee?

Sep 6, 2006
arrythewurzel":1astbpch said:
I’d prefer a second string tonight as I think we’ll get battered and that will do our preferred first team no good psychologically whatsoever if they play. Better a patched up second string that we can put our excuses on. Tugboat mentions our staring 11. They did a lot of staring on Saturday whilst saffend ran rings around them. Staring 11 is about right ! Time for a shake up and experimentation imo

First string will get battered so lets play 2nd string. Makes a lot of sense :facepalm: I do wonder about the cognitive logic of some people on here. I would think the defence need more time together so changes in that area would not make much sense.

Jun 24, 2008
Difficult to judge what players we'll see tonight from both teams but looking forward too it. Been a while since ive been to Ashton Gate and I'm interested to see what's changed.

I'm expecting us to lose as I think they're just too strong for us but hopefully we'll give them a decent challenge. Must play better then Saturday if we want to do that though!

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
First team clearly need game time to build an understanding. This is good competitive game time. No-one expects a win so it’s a free pass in that regard. Give the team time on the pitch I say.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Forest of Dean Green":yd6315nb said:
First team clearly need game time to build an understanding. This is good competitive game time. No-one expects a win so it’s a free pass in that regard. Give the team time on the pitch I say.
:iagree:

Mar 8, 2016
Play like we did against Southend then we’re in for a long night and another spanking like last season.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Army green":wzjrlho3 said:
Play like we did against Southend then we’re in for a long night and another spanking like last season.
Play like we did against Southend and it’ll be a humiliation.

That’s the aim for me, improve significantly on our Southend performance.

I think we will either line up with 3 CB’s in a 3-5-1-1 or a 4-1-4-1 with Songo’o holding

Nov 22, 2006
Argyle 0 Brizzle 3 I think better than last year but still more moans and groans before this site gets happier

PutneyPete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ PASALB Member
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
I think

6 Jamie Ness
8 David Fox
9 Ryan Taylor
10 Graham Carey
11 Ruben Lameiras

will start …

derbygreen

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2003
Paignton....was Derby
I really do want a wake up call from tonight's game. I know it's early doors into the season but I'd like to see some fight, belief and urgency please tonight. I'm not expecting anything other than a lose unfortunately.

lien60

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2006
plymouth
With both captain and vice captain on the bench who do we think will captain the side

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Is that 4-3-3?

Canavan in for Edwards, Songo’o for Fox and Grant for Taylor

Edited: Just seen Ladapo so presumably 4-4-2

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Tugboat":ryjdvtt4 said:
Is that 4-3-3?

Canavan in for Edwards, Songo’o for Fox and Grant for Taylor

Edited: Just seen Ladapo so presumably 4-4-2

Usual formation - J Grant wide left and Ladapo through the middle.

Songo'o shielding the back 4 and Ness and C Grant just in front.