Bristol Rovers match thread | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bristol Rovers match thread

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Knibbsworth":1uxi47f6 said:
Thought Telford would have wanted the penalties, but after scoring the first you have to back Sarce to get the second.

Well ... no you don't

Argyle fan in the far bed. So I shouts across twice 'penalty'. Typical Plymouthian in the middle bed says (both times): 'They'll probably miss it'
Second time it is missed he says: 'Well one and a half points is better than no points'!!
Jesu H Jehosophat! If I kill him can I claim that my bowel was unbalanced at the time!! :furious:
:lol:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Balham_Green":z035db0l said:
Pogleswoody":z035db0l said:
Second penalty in 95th minute? Let a different player take it. Not rocket science is it? Mayor? Telford? Moore? Make the same goalie face a different taker. :think:

Hindsight a wonderful thing. Not sure why a striker not taking the first one though. I think that is the area we seem to be lacking now.

Not hindsight .. just my opinion mate.

Sep 6, 2006
Pogleswoody":19yegep4 said:
Balham_Green":19yegep4 said:
Pogleswoody":19yegep4 said:
Second penalty in 95th minute? Let a different player take it. Not rocket science is it? Mayor? Telford? Moore? Make the same goalie face a different taker. :think:

Hindsight a wonderful thing. Not sure why a striker not taking the first one though. I think that is the area we seem to be lacking now.

You said it after the event so it is hindsight!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
We’re a decent striker away from being a team capable of promotion I think.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Balham_Green":357nb0ci said:
Pogleswoody":357nb0ci said:
Balham_Green":357nb0ci said:
Pogleswoody":357nb0ci said:

You're telling me how/what to think. So it's arrogance!

You think a striker should have taken the first pen? That's in-depth knowledge is it? :eh:
This is an opinions board. If you don't like my opinion..... fine. But don't tell me what my opinion is please. Thanks.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Good performance by the boys and a shame Sarce didn’t bury the second pen. Still, we have to be confident of winning the replay. We are looking a good side and I think we just need a decent striker in January to complete the picture to be honest. Felt even better when I saw that the Greeks had thrown away a two goal lead against non league opposition! :funny: :scarf:

Green as Grass

♣️ North Devon Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jan 5, 2012
Barnstaple
First penalty was well placed goalkeeper guessed right but could not prevent it going in. Second penalty was placed down the middle with not much power and easily saved. I much prefer penalties that are hit with force and if you are going down the middle aim for the goalies head. They always dive left or right.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Green as Grass":3oqjdldd said:
First penalty was well placed goalkeeper guessed right but could not prevent it going in. Second penalty was placed down the middle with not much power and easily saved. I much prefer penalties that are hit with force and if you are going down the middle aim for the goalies head. They always dive left or right.
Wotton style penalty’s are always have a decent return because Wotton himself didn’t even know where he was aiming for, just put his laces through it and got it on target

Jul 19, 2018
London
argyle.life
Player Ratings: Bristol Rovers 1 Plymouth Argyle 1

Alex Palmer - 9

He was tested a few times in the closing stages of the game, when both sides had the chance to win the tie, most notably as he made a fantastic save to deny Rovers at the death while the score was still 1-1

Danny Mayor - 8

When he drove forward, he looked nothing short of dynamite. He won the penalty for our equalising goal, adding to the long list of goals that he has been at least tangentially involved in.

Sep 6, 2006
Pogleswoody":h7pckx7e said:
Balham_Green":h7pckx7e said:
Balham_Green":h7pckx7e said:

You think a striker should have taken the first pen? That's in-depth knowledge is it? :eh:
This is an opinions board. If you don't like my opinion..... fine. But don't tell me what my opinion is please. Thanks.

Not telling you your opinion just how you arrived at it! :crazy:
Its not rocket science that strikers should take a pen.
If you dont like people questioning your posts dont post.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Balham_Green":1e4mpcu9 said:
Pogleswoody":1e4mpcu9 said:

You think a striker should take the pens.
I think a different player should take two close together pens.
My opinion is hindsight to be sneered at.
Yours is the undeniable product of a superior mind.
Yeah ... that makes sense.

Sep 6, 2006
Balham_Green":11xo788p said:
Pogleswoody":11xo788p said:

Yeah ... that makes sense.[/quote]

Calm down dear. Just said it was hindsight. Wasnt sneering. If a player scores first pen it is not likely he is going to be taken off the 2nd one.
You obviously cant have a discussion without taking it personally so bye

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Not telling you your opinion just how you arrived at it!
If you dont like people questioning your posts dont post.[/quote]

Yeah ... that makes sense.[/quote]

Calm down dear. Just said it was hindsight. Wasnt sneering. If a player scores first pen it is not likely he is going to be taken off the 2nd one.
You obviously cant have a discussion without taking it personally so bye[/quote][/quote]

Not taking it personally but you thought a different player (a striker) should take the first pen, before it was taken?
I thought a different player should take the second pen, before it was taken.
Maybe we are both right? Maybe both wrong?
But I thought it 'before'. So accuse me of 'foresight' if you like! ;)

I'm calling pax's feynites BG. Doctor just said I can go home today, so today is a good day, full of love for my fellow pasotiites, I love you BG! :D