Bristol Rovers vs Argyle - Sun 1st Dec 2pm | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bristol Rovers vs Argyle - Sun 1st Dec 2pm

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Rovers won't be as "up for it" as Bromley would have been so it's not necessarily the worst outcome as we don't seem to perform well against teams who are heavily motivated (Exeter the other week is a good example).

(before the pedants appear, yes I know Rovers will be up for it to an extent but a non-league team who would have have a L1 scalp would be really eager to take it to us)

Agreed about the points with the artificial surface, even in the replay you could see where the Rovers players we unsure of the bounce of the ball, hopefully this never becomes a thing within the EFL.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Rovers have their tickets on sale to season ticket holders already.
Guess ours should be available soon. loosely, home fans are £15 seating, £10 standing, with concessions.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It looks like definite club policy to mention general sale dates before season ticket holder sale dates in the club website articles on away ticket details. It's even more bizarre when some away games will not even reach general sale.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
PL2 3DQ":li90sagi said:
JannerinCardiff":li90sagi said:
Does that mean it’s on TV then?

No, the TV games have already been selected.

From memory, I don't think our results are that good playing on a Sunday.

Sunday, Bloody Sunday!

Sep 3, 2009
cheshiregreen":2m3pry9l said:
Lost 5-0 last time we were drawn away to Rovers in FA Cup.

Twerton Park, Bath. Remember it well.

One of the bottom 5 worst performances I've witnessed by Argo, compounded by the Rovers fans delightedly beeping their car horns after the game as they discovered they had drawn Liverpool in the 4th round!

1991-92. We went down that year too - from the 2nd tier though. Halcyon days of being a 2nd/3rd tier yo-yo club....

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
I don't think they needed to reduce admission prices for this one but up to the two clubs I spose

Apr 15, 2016
Apparently Bristol Rovers have given us the full South stand in addition to the terrace. Normally only get a section of it for the league games. Should be a good atmosphere then.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Rush Goalie":3h6jyi6m said:
cheshiregreen":3h6jyi6m said:

One of the bottom 5 worst performances I've witnessed by Argo, compounded by the Rovers fans delightedly beeping their car horns after the game as they discovered they had drawn Liverpool in the 4th round!

1991-92. We went down that year too - from the 2nd tier though. Halcyon days of being a 2nd/3rd tier yo-yo club....

I left at 0-3 and we were on the M4 when we heard that The Gas had drawn Liverpool. That really made our day.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
IJN":1q0igls7 said:
Rush Goalie":1q0igls7 said:
cheshiregreen":1q0igls7 said:

I left at 0-3 and we were on the M4 when we heard that The Gas had drawn Liverpool. That really made our day.

I was on supporters coach and had to stay to the end...... :greensmile:

1982 and Eastville was better in cup, I remember getting off the supporters train and the noise of Argyle fans in song hitting us. 2-2 draw and then a win in the replay at HP. Same season they tonked us 0-4 in league at HP

Graham Green

✨Pasoti Donor✨
May 26, 2010
Swindon

I couldn't get a ticket so when one of my suppliers offered a ticket as his guest I jumped at it.
Suited and booted with an Argyle tie proudly on view I sat through that carp looking with envy at the Green Army either leaving or giving the team dog's abuse. I could not do either.
Before the pain could subside I had to go back to the "lounge bar" for more drinks and polite " bad lucks" from the Gas suits.
It got worse. I had to shake hands with their MOM (Carl Saunders?) and congratulate him through gritted teeth for his goals.
It got worse. My host wouldn't drop me back to the station before watching the cup draw and I endured the ensuing celebration as they got Liverpool. :crazy:
In a cold sweat thinking about it. Never done corporate since.
Better be better next week. :think:

Rush Goalie":1gfzqqte said:
cheshiregreen":1gfzqqte said:

And when the buses arrived back at Home Park, I found my car had been broken into. Had better days, to be fair.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":1loazad2 said:
It looks like definite club policy to mention general sale dates before season ticket holder sale dates in the club website articles on away ticket details. It's even more bizarre when some away games will not even reach general sale.

I would imagine it is to stop time wasters. It would be time consuming if people were applying for tickets outside their personal allocation window only to have to be told by either a computer or box office staff members that the caller can't buy tickets at that time and therefore blocking comminication channels for eligible buyers.

Jun 27, 2019
Didn't Rovers actually beat Liverpool?

I went up on the coach that day and vaguely remember Dan Macauley poking his head in to apologise for the result.