Build up to Wigan | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Build up to Wigan

Jul 17, 2011
Dreamgreen":3juohhs0 said:
Ray_Stidwell":3juohhs0 said:
ping_g5":3juohhs0 said:
I reckon we'll see one of our classic away performances at home...

Which we did indeed at their place on 26/9; let’s hope that we’re better positioned ( which I think we are) to turn such a steely performance, as we did that evening, into a better outcome than when we were cruelly ( but maybe I’m biased!) unlucky with that 82nd minute Sokolik penalty.

At which Songo put on one of the best individual performances I have ever seen from an Argyle player.

Agreed- I came away saying it was the best display of an argyle player I’ve ever seen. He has to play. He will be fired up.

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
I’ve just looked back at the MoM thread for that match to confirm an unusual stat: Yanner was indeed the only outfield player to receive any votes for MoM! ( as it happened he was pipped for MoM by the also excellent Kyle)

Dec 2, 2010
Pilgrim61":3mq6shv3 said:
Gather they've currently sold about 400 tickets of 750 allocation.

Must be looking at 11,000 + for this fixture.

See they've officially confirmed about 400 tickets sold.

Griggs a doubt but they have Vaughan available.

Should be a cracking game and atmosphere with the Green Army and team giving their all and emotions cranked up for Ryan Edwards.

Travelling down to Devon today and 10 of us will be at the game tomorrow and having a few pre match drinks to get in the mood!

CMON ARGYLE :scarf:

Nov 2, 2004
Sorry I have no idea how to do links,but it refers to their trip to Cornwall to face Plymouth :furious: .They deserve to get stuffed. :scarf:

Jan 16, 2016
Southampton
Sure someone must have done this before, but before this season when did we last win 5 in a row at home? I ask because here in Hampshire the local radio were mentioning Portsmouth doing so for the first time since 2003...lo and behold we beat Bury to make it 5 in a row ourselves. Not jinxing tomorrow by talking about 6 in a row, obviously. Although, Argyle > Wigan > Bournemouth > Arsenal would be quite fun.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Looking forward to tomorrow too. Just want a combative performance!! Winner in the last minute would be acceptable!
Not working in retail tomorrow a.m. so a rare 'civilian' build up to a game!! Every Little Helps!! ;) COYGs!!

stewthenoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
TinTin":3e4dupsq said:
Can I help ?

I will be laying on the beach in The Philippines [30C] drinking cold beer !!

How CAN I help ?

Keep the Faith :scarf:
Drink more beer!!

Keep the Faith :scarf: :lol:

stewthenoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
Green_guile":z651ax4s said:
PL2 3DQ":z651ax4s said:
We might have Kelvin Mellor playing against us on Saturday. Both Wigan and Bradford have made a move to sign him.
KM? I thought he was rubbish! Why would Wigan (with all their money) want to waste some on Mellor? Perhaps he is a lot better player than some thought.
....and what do you know?!! :silent:

stewthenoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
Winchelsea Green":2zdcumnj said:
Argyle are 11/2 to win tomorrow, and Bradley 11/1 to score at anytime (Betfair). Both prices seem on the generous side to me.

Mike
I've got Argyle at 6/1 for the win and Sonny to score anytime at 10/1 on B365.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
ealinggreen":rypdwdxe said:
Sorry I have no idea how to do links,but it refers to their trip to Cornwall to face Plymouth :furious: .They deserve to get stuffed. :scarf:

They may have been staying at St.Mellion as many visiting teams do.