Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle - the build up + Q&A | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Cambridge United v Plymouth Argyle - the build up + Q&A

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
My one visit to the Abbey Stadium was memorable but only for a bitter 0 degree wind blowing towards the away end. At half-time I thought I'd warm myself up with a bacon roll. Several bits of very cold very greasy fatty bacon later I felt sick as well as freezing cold. I vowed never to go there again and I haven't.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Penlee":2l9rpbi5 said:
Martyn":2l9rpbi5 said:
As per what Lundan Cabbie, said last week, why is it necessary to put how many red/yellow cards, the referee has issued so far. It is total irrelevant.

Some games it is not necessary to issue cards for control and discipline, but it is not said, how many games he has NOT issued cards.

It is the players that fall foul of the laws, which lead to cards being issued.

I find it interesting - generally a good ref issues less cards because they are fully in control (imho)

I agree :thumbup:

Sep 25, 2010
saffronwalden green":3es1yn93 said:
There is a P&R on Newmarket Road, which should be sign posted from the A14, approx 15 minute walk to the ground. B&Q also have an unregulated car park, 5 mins walk from the ground. Also plenty of parking at the large shopping center car park, 5 mins further into town from B&Q. WORD OF WARNING, don’t be tempted to use the bus lanes unless you are authorised to do so, Cambridge City Council are making a fortune from infringements, I speak from bitter experience, it cost me £65.

Your problem, you shouldn’t use the bus lanes anyhow.
Got yourself to blame.

Sep 25, 2010
JannerinCardiff":r0pnlbz7 said:
Penlee":r0pnlbz7 said:
Martyn":r0pnlbz7 said:
As per what Lundan Cabbie, said last week, why is it necessary to put how many red/yellow cards, the referee has issued so far. It is total irrelevant.

Some games it is not necessary to issue cards for control and discipline, but it is not said, how many games he has NOT issued cards.

It is the players that fall foul of the laws, which lead to cards being issued.

I find it interesting - generally a good ref issues less cards because they are fully in control (imho)

I agree :thumbup:

Because a ref issues no cards , or a dozen cards in a game is irrelevant. Does not have a bearing on his match control capabilities

He can gain control, by either method.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Ross":cgvm2mpi said:
A new 12000 stadium?! The Abbey is barely 8k and they cant even fill that!

The stadium from the outside is certainly nothing to shout about. I have friends living at Burford and whilst visiting I have passed the stadium on several occasions on driving into Cambridge. It makes you think how lucky we have been to attend Home Park, even before the current Grandstand restoration. Let's look forward hopefully to coming away with 3 points in the boot of the bus.

Bryan Tregunna

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 22, 2003
As some on here might like this info about the ref, then let's keep it and if you don't want it, just ignore it (as you might do with election material through your letterbox).

I suggest that past results against the club are also irrelevant, (as, indeed, one could argue are most people's opinions!) but still make for interesting reading. As Elsa says: "Let it go".

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Martyn":jmuf7j4y said:
saffronwalden green":jmuf7j4y said:
There is a P&R on Newmarket Road, which should be sign posted from the A14, approx 15 minute walk to the ground. B&Q also have an unregulated car park, 5 mins walk from the ground. Also plenty of parking at the large shopping center car park, 5 mins further into town from B&Q. WORD OF WARNING, don’t be tempted to use the bus lanes unless you are authorised to do so, Cambridge City Council are making a fortune from infringements, I speak from bitter experience, it cost me £65.

Your problem, you shouldn’t use the bus lanes anyhow.
Got yourself to blame.

It`s being so cheerful that keeps you going. Haven`t I seen you sitting in the balcony with your friend at the Muppets? :twisted:

Sep 3, 2009
saffronwalden green":2k53qpko said:

Thanks, that's all very useful. Driving there with 2 children in tow, so need a good parking spot.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Bryan_Tregunna":267xg73c said:
As some on here might like this info about the ref, then let's keep it and if you don't want it, just ignore it (as you might do with election material through your letterbox).

I suggest that past results against the club are also irrelevant, (as, indeed, one could argue are most people's opinions!) but still make for interesting reading. As Elsa says: "Let it go".

I agree, but you surely cannot expect any of us to take your post seriously when you sign off like that...!

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Rush Goalie":10h27les said:
saffronwalden green":10h27les said:

Thanks, that's all very useful. Driving there with 2 children in tow, so need a good parking spot.

Martyn will be on in a minute saying it is illegal to tow children in Cambridge, you'll have to try to get them into the car, Rushy!! :lol:

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Pogleswoody":fha5lqbr said:
Rush Goalie":fha5lqbr said:
saffronwalden green":fha5lqbr said:

Martyn will be on in a minute saying it is illegal to tow children in Cambridge, you'll have to try to get them into the car, Rushy!! :lol:

:nworthy:

Jul 19, 2018
London
argyle.life
Preview: Cambridge v Plymouth Argyle

Of the wingers, Harrison Dunk is the more pacey and direct of the two whilst Luke Hannant is more likely to dribble past opponents. Their combined tally of three goals and assists (1G, 2A) reflects a lack of out-put, despite their creativity.

The real creativity in midfield comes in the form of midfield duo Paul Lewis and Jack Roles. Lewis has scored or assisted seven (4G, 3A) of Cambridge's 23 league goals this season. Meanwhile Roles is a more all round player, scoring three goals but also boasting the most successful dribbles (2.71), key passes (2.29) and tackles per-90 (also 2.29).

Aug 5, 2016
Ross":i9dur6gn said:
A new 12000 stadium?! The Abbey is barely 8k and they cant even fill that!

Does that mean to say Argyle redeveloping the Mayflower and adding seating was a waste of time, in the absence of regular sell outs?