Cameron Sangster leaves PAFC | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Cameron Sangster leaves PAFC

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
Sangster only signed a new contract in the summer. He suffered a broken ankle last season and he might feel he hasn't fully recovered hence the decision to concentrate on his football boot business.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It's always worth remembering that the manager sees him day in and day out. This definitely feels like a bombing out to me. He certainly has some skill but there's more to football than just skill. Remember Terry Griffin?

Feb 28, 2016
jimsing":24vr1pwi said:
Surprised me when I read that Harry Hodges is now with Bristol Rovers and has gone to Gloucester City on loan.

What is going on?

I could very well be wrong but if I recall correctly, Harry is there on a development/U23 contract. I believe his old man was involved with that side of that club before coming back here. Harry can more than hold his own though and itā€™s great to see him still knocking about the game fighting.

As for Cameron, He always came across as very; grounded, polite, sensible, realistic and respectful, in my admittedly brief dealings with him.

This business seems to be getting really exciting, (he was doing business with Messi the other day!) I donā€™t think heā€™s even 20 yet and he has business, with one of his closest mates as his business partner, traveling the continent, meeting his heroes, in something which interests him! That is surely living the dream as much as being a L2 footballer?!

Good luck Cameron, not many former apprentices get the chance to leave Argyle on their terms to do something that they will love doing. Youā€™ve smashed it boy!

Jun 27, 2019
The Gloucester City chairman is an Argyle fan, who took Harry there on loan last season as well.

As for Sangster, really surprised and disappointed to hear this. Promising youngsters making waves in our youth set-up but then disappearing without trace is becoming a common theme at HP.

Sep 2, 2008
Never really understood what people saw in him. He was very ordinary and lightweight for a midfield player as far as I was concerned. For me, as midfielders go, the only one I've seen that looks like he has any promise is Tom Purrington. I'm surprised that he isn't working with the first team. I think Sangster is right to put his energies into his business. If he was to remain in football then I reckon he would have had to change his position, maybe look at being a fullback. Its a brave and bold move and I only wish the best for him.

Feb 8, 2005
WoodsyGreen":48j7xthh said:
The Gloucester City chairman is an Argyle fan, who took Harry there on loan last season as well.

As for Sangster, really surprised and disappointed to hear this. Promising youngsters making waves in our youth set-up but then disappearing without trace is becoming a common theme at HP.

Yes, but Harry is now a Bristol Rovers player!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 27, 2019
jimsing":3q8vtmu8 said:
WoodsyGreen":3q8vtmu8 said:

...and on loan at Gloucester. What's your point?

Jan 27, 2012
Biggs":1u85el7f said:
What other young players have proved Argyle wrong in recent years?

I can only think of Isaac Vassell.

Good question, I seem to remember there being a few but canā€™t recall who !

Ryan Leonard is one that springs to mind. And what were the circumstances of Ashley Barnes departure? Was he released ?

There are a few more who seemed to leave for very little when the club were struggling with finances- Jack Stephens, Sam Gallagher etc.

Feb 8, 2005
WoodsyGreen":wu77q5wr said:
jimsing":wu77q5wr said:
WoodsyGreen":wu77q5wr said:

I know he is on loan to Gloucester, as he was when he was with us. What is your point?

How come he was released from us but has ended up at Bristol Rovers, a league above us.

Feb 8, 2005
WoodsyGreen":3tkghcyp said:
jimsing":3tkghcyp said:
WoodsyGreen":3tkghcyp said:

I know he is on loan to Gloucester, as he was when he was with us. What is your point?

How come he was released from us but has ended up at Bristol Rovers, a league above us.

Aug 5, 2016
gaspargomez":jezs63ln said:
Biggs":jezs63ln said:

Good question, I seem to remember there being a few but canā€™t recall who !

Ryan Leonard is one that springs to mind. And what were the circumstances of Ashley Barnes departure? Was he released ?

There are a few more who seemed to leave for very little when the club were struggling with finances- Jack Stephens, Sam Gallagher etc.

Barnes was sold for Ā£250,000 to Brighton.

Leonard was released when Argyle were in League One, on the decline and in financial trouble. His contract must have been a tiny amount of money to clear off the wage bill. In hindsight given our journey to League Two, and Leonard's pedigree, his release has to be viewed as a mistake. But it pales in comparison with the other club decisions being made at that time.

Feb 28, 2016
Biggs":282anys0 said:
gaspargomez":282anys0 said:
Argyle have let some very talented youngsters walk out of their doors over the years. I hope this isnā€™t another mistake.

Never mind Argyle, how many careers did the management, of failures, Sheridan and Adams cause? How many young, talented, local lads are now grafting on building sites because of these footballing philistines, strangling their careers at birth because their birth certificate showed the wrong county? It is ultimately Sheridan and Adams who will have this on their conscious not the club, the blood is on their hands.

If Ryan Lowe was manager of this golden generation, coming through, I do wonder how different it may have been.

Aug 5, 2016
What golden generation? Blood on DA and Sheridan's hands? Are they aware they butchered all these glittering international careers? Is there a reason all this golden talent can't get off the building sites and into the Football League like Ryan Leonard and Isaac Vassell did?

Aug 23, 2009
Southway
Are you for f@*king real ?
MarkMatthews":esdr7kjj said:
Biggs":esdr7kjj said:
gaspargomez":esdr7kjj said:
Argyle have let some very talented youngsters walk out of their doors over the years. I hope this isnā€™t another mistake.

Never mind Argyle, how many careers did the management, of failures, Sheridan and Adams cause? How many young, talented, local lads are now grafting on building sites because of these footballing philistines, strangling their careers at birth because their birth certificate showed the wrong county? It is ultimately Sheridan and Adams who will have this on their conscious not the club, the blood is on their hands.

If Ryan Lowe was manager of this golden generation, coming through, I do wonder how different it may have been.