Cameron Sangster leaves PAFC | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Cameron Sangster leaves PAFC

May 16, 2016
MarkMatthews":at0vma4z said:
jimsing":at0vma4z said:
Surprised me when I read that Harry Hodges is now with Bristol Rovers and has gone to Gloucester City on loan.

What is going on?

I could very well be wrong but if I recall correctly, Harry is there on a development/U23 contract. I believe his old man was involved with that side of that club before coming back here. Harry can more than hold his own though and it’s great to see him still knocking about the game fighting.

As for Cameron, He always came across as very; grounded, polite, sensible, realistic and respectful, in my admittedly brief dealings with him.

This business seems to be getting really exciting, (he was doing business with Messi the other day!) I don’t think he’s even 20 yet and he has business, with one of his closest mates as his business partner, traveling the continent, meeting his heroes, in something which interests him! That is surely living the dream as much as being a L2 footballer?!

Good luck Cameron, not many former apprentices get the chance to leave Argyle on their terms to do something that they will love doing. You’ve smashed it boy!

Just out of interest and considering your championing of all things Youth. What exactly were your 'dealings' with Cameron Sangster ?

May 8, 2011
MarkMatthews":rk43794e said:
Biggs":rk43794e said:
gaspargomez":rk43794e said:
Argyle have let some very talented youngsters walk out of their doors over the years. I hope this isn’t another mistake.

What other young players have proved Argyle wrong in recent years?

I can only think of Isaac Vassell.

Never mind Argyle, how many careers did the management, of failures, Sheridan and Adams cause? How many young, talented, local lads are now grafting on building sites because of these footballing philistines, strangling their careers at birth because their birth certificate showed the wrong county? It is ultimately Sheridan and Adams who will have this on their conscious not the club, the blood is on their hands.

If Ryan Lowe was manager of this golden generation, coming through, I do wonder how different it may have been.

Things may be different in the future as there appear to be some changes to the Academy coming along as two senior members of staff have been suspended and speaking to a few of the parents they haven’t been told the reason why.

Feb 28, 2016
Guiri Green":2ys7qkvc said:
MarkMatthews":2ys7qkvc said:
jimsing":2ys7qkvc said:
Surprised me when I read that Harry Hodges is now with Bristol Rovers and has gone to Gloucester City on loan.

What is going on?

I could very well be wrong but if I recall correctly, Harry is there on a development/U23 contract. I believe his old man was involved with that side of that club before coming back here. Harry can more than hold his own though and it’s great to see him still knocking about the game fighting.

As for Cameron, He always came across as very; grounded, polite, sensible, realistic and respectful, in my admittedly brief dealings with him.

This business seems to be getting really exciting, (he was doing business with Messi the other day!) I don’t think he’s even 20 yet and he has business, with one of his closest mates as his business partner, traveling the continent, meeting his heroes, in something which interests him! That is surely living the dream as much as being a L2 footballer?!

Good luck Cameron, not many former apprentices get the chance to leave Argyle on their terms to do something that they will love doing. You’ve smashed it boy!

Just out of interest and considering your championing of all things Youth. What exactly were your 'dealings' with Cameron Sangster ?

Like I said, very brief back in the SWPL days we had a couple brief conversations in the club house, always exchanged pleasantries, he wasn’t one to hang around after, came in ate his food, largely kept himself to himself and left, but his professionalism and the way he carried himself always struck me.

Feb 23, 2008
Biggs":2cbkwezi said:
gaspargomez":2cbkwezi said:
Argyle have let some very talented youngsters walk out of their doors over the years. I hope this isn’t another mistake.

Ben Purrington?

Feb 23, 2008
MarkMatthews":26j71prr said:
Biggs":26j71prr said:
gaspargomez":26j71prr said:

Never mind Argyle, how many careers did the management, of failures, Sheridan and Adams cause? How many young, talented, local lads are now grafting on building sites because of these footballing philistines, strangling their careers at birth because their birth certificate showed the wrong county? It is ultimately Sheridan and Adams who will have this on their conscious not the club, the blood is on their hands.

If Ryan Lowe was manager of this golden generation, coming through, I do wonder how different it may have been.

So are you saying that Lowe has had no option to loan out players such as Sangster, Hodges, Peck, Fletcher, Lolos et al because they've had their developments hindered by DA and JS or has he now decided they're not quite up to scratch yet too?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Knibbsworth":3r8lm59g said:
gaspargomez":3r8lm59g said:
Biggs":3r8lm59g said:

Good question, I seem to remember there being a few but can’t recall who !

Ryan Leonard is one that springs to mind. And what were the circumstances of Ashley Barnes departure? Was he released ?

There are a few more who seemed to leave for very little when the club were struggling with finances- Jack Stephens, Sam Gallagher etc.

Barnes was sold for £250,000 to Brighton.

Leonard was released when Argyle were in League One, on the decline and in financial trouble. His contract must have been a tiny amount of money to clear off the wage bill. In hindsight given our journey to League Two, and Leonard's pedigree, his release has to be viewed as a mistake. But it pales in comparison with the other club decisions being made at that time.
Barnes did not command a fee.peter Reid said "if any one here wants a move come and see me".Barnes left for precisely no money. :furious:

Aug 5, 2005
Steve Evans":2w149vs7 said:
Knibbsworth":2w149vs7 said:
gaspargomez":2w149vs7 said:
Biggs":2w149vs7 said:

Ryan Leonard is one that springs to mind. And what were the circumstances of Ashley Barnes departure? Was he released ?

There are a few more who seemed to leave for very little when the club were struggling with finances- Jack Stephens, Sam Gallagher etc.

Leonard was released when Argyle were in League One, on the decline and in financial trouble. His contract must have been a tiny amount of money to clear off the wage bill. In hindsight given our journey to League Two, and Leonard's pedigree, his release has to be viewed as a mistake. But it pales in comparison with the other club decisions being made at that time.
Barnes did not command a fee.peter Reid said "if any one here wants a move come and see me".Barnes left for precisely no money. :furious:

Not true. Barnes was sold to Brighton for an undisclosed fee after an initial loan deal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashley_Barnes
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 798718.stm
https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/tea ... ey-barnes/
https://web.archive.org/web/20100710184 ... %2C00.html

Jul 6, 2011
Steve Evans":1c1lgod9 said:
Knibbsworth":1c1lgod9 said:
gaspargomez":1c1lgod9 said:
Biggs":1c1lgod9 said:

h

The fee was officially undisclosed but, there was a strong understanding that it was about £140k.

Apr 29, 2016
IJN":3lyd9jgg said:
It's always worth remembering that the manager sees him day in and day out. This definitely feels like a bombing out to me. He certainly has some skill but there's more to football than just skill. Remember Terry Griffin?

Wasn’t he a snooker player? :funny: