Can't wait for Argyle v Leicester Matchday Moments & Tunnel Cam | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Can't wait for Argyle v Leicester Matchday Moments & Tunnel Cam

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
I've just seen Tunnel Cam.

Those two bouncers were nothing compared to the man who was looking after the Directors. Trust me, he was truly the biggest unit I've ever seen.
Really? Looking after the Directors? What a fudging bunch of primadonnas.

Two buses as well?

Bunch of t055ers!

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
Really? Looking after the Directors? What a fudging bunch of primadonnas.

Two buses as well?

Bunch of t055ers!
I actually saw 2 x security in the tunnel - must be intimidated by Pilgrim Pete!

One thing I always look for on Tunnelcam is when the big teams come down they seem to have a huge entourage of support staff of about 20 others on top of the players. It always amuses me how guys with massage beds/ white boards etc go into the changing room and soon back out realising the changing rooms are probably much smaller than they are used to.

They are probably used to massive dressing rooms, TVs , showers galore etc. I haven’t seen the away dressing room personally but I assume it’s pretty small by comparison to other Championship clubs. I quite like the fact we don’t make the opposition super comfy and it helps feed that narrative that Home Park is not a comfortable place to come to.

Mar 23, 2008
Dan Scarr coming out the changing room at 07.50 and says to officials ' all the best boys'
Lino asks ref 'whos that'
Bizzare
I did feel a bit like the officials were starstruck and their decision making favoured the bigger team, this adds weight to that argument.

Jun 27, 2019
I actually saw 2 x security in the tunnel - must be intimidated by Pilgrim Pete!

One thing I always look for on Tunnelcam is when the big teams come down they seem to have a huge entourage of support staff of about 20 others on top of the players. It always amuses me how guys with massage beds/ white boards etc go into the changing room and soon back out realising the changing rooms are probably much smaller than they are used to.

They are probably used to massive dressing rooms, TVs , showers galore etc. I haven’t seen the away dressing room personally but I assume it’s pretty small by comparison to other Championship clubs. I quite like the fact we don’t make the opposition super comfy and it helps feed that narrative that Home Park is not a comfortable place to come to.
I come at this from the opposite direction. For me it's a bit cringe to imagine big clubs coming down and not being able to fit all their equipment and staff into their dressing room. It just hammers home our status as a small club at this level who don't really belong.

It won't exactly help us to attract Championship standard players when our facilities are so far behind almost all of our rivals. We've come a long way since Graham Stack called us a "pub team", but in some ways we do still fit that description comparatively speaking.

Apr 6, 2009

The best bit is that Derek Adams partly help design the away dressing rooms to not be super comfortable etc - My son was a mascot when they were first opened so we got a tour - and none other than Derek Adams was the first away manager to use them!!

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
I think they made a mistake with that part of the build - I don't think anyone was happy with the size of the dressing rooms. I seem to remember both RL and SS having something to say about it.

• Haha
Reactions: Leo's Grandad

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
I think they made a mistake with that part of the build - I don't think anyone was happy with the size of the dressing rooms. I seem to remember both RL and SS having something to say about it.
Anything t gain an advantage before kick off. I'd turn the air-con onto full cold if they have it.

• Haha
Reactions: IvyG

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
I come at this from the opposite direction. For me it's a bit cringe to imagine big clubs coming down and not being able to fit all their equipment and staff into their dressing room. It just hammers home our status as a small club at this level who don't really belong.

It won't exactly help us to attract Championship standard players when our facilities are so far behind almost all of our rivals. We've come a long way since Graham Stack called us a "pub team", but in some ways we do still fit that description comparatively speaking.

Agree with the statement re facilities. Of course, at the time, we were only dreaming of the Championship and the number of subs was 5 or 7 (can't remember!).

Not sure if much can be done in the short term. Guess it might form part of any eventual stadium work that is authorised.

Suspect most, if not all, other Championship teams boast better changing facilities than us. Need Peterborough to get promoted to take that accolade off us!

Reactions: Jon with no H

Frank the Phone

🚑 Steve Hooper
Feb 19, 2021
Obviously I'm well aware that we are living in challenging times, and we all have different financial constraints. However, I can only stress my personal experience that the subscription fee for Argyle TV is extremely good value for money. The SH bit of the tunnel cam was worth this month's subscription fee alone.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY

I think you have forgotten that Argyle's team changing facilities are relatively new. THey looked slick in the video created for supporters to see prior to their first use. I believe the EFL lays down minimum ground floor areas for clubs to create as changing rooms. I have not read of any complaints. The opposition's are nearest the pitch after all and save them selves energy!

• Haha
Reactions: Mark58

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I think you have forgotten that Argyle's team changing facilities are relatively new. THey looked slick in the video created for supporters to see prior to their first use. I believe the EFL lays down minimum ground floor areas for clubs to create as changing rooms. I have not read of any complaints. The opposition's are nearest the pitch after all and save them selves energy!

There's absolutely no question we need bigger changing facilities, just adhering to the minimum requirements isn't good enough long-term. Players using exercise bikes in the tunnel, for example, highlights the lack of a warm up area and general space.

Though I don't give too much of a fig about the away dressing room :ROFLMAO:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
At the time of the build, the whole ethos was 'minimum requirement' as the money just wasn't there.

Unfortunately it was all down to timing, if Simon had his money just a year earlier, I have a feeling we would have had a far bigger go at it, but that's the way of the world really, "If only".

When you have a look at HP these days, it really is a jewell, and I'm sure the vast majority of us are really chuffed with it.

Saying that, I think most of us would be happy with a 25k capacity rather than what we have now. Mind you, if we do go down to crappy League One, it's about right. Who'd want to deal with that dilemma eh?? :confused: