Carey to Luton? | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Carey to Luton?

Oct 31, 2015
Biggs":o3r94az4 said:
There's a great hardcore support, but for a city of this size the overall numbers should be way higher.

Somewhere like Norwich has a core support of nearly 20,000 and so should we.

Norwich has a bit of 1st division and premiership history. We have the square root of f all.

Being a forces town those lads bring the support of their own clubs here as well.

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
rsp4":p7xzb1q7 said:
Biggs":p7xzb1q7 said:
There's a great hardcore support, but for a city of this size the overall numbers should be way higher.

Somewhere like Norwich has a core support of nearly 20,000 and so should we.

Norwich has a bit of 1st division and premiership history. We have the square root of f all.

Being a forces town those lads bring the support of their own clubs here as well.

That goes both ways though. Over the years I've met people and have mates who were not born anywhere near the Westcountry, have no family ties at all down here, but support Argyle because they were based in the Armed Forces in Plymouth.

Poor buggers.

Jul 6, 2011
Forces town? Was; not is.
We've had our moments where I would say we have had better teams than clubs like Norwich. When I first started watching argyle mariner and Rafferty were tearing defences apart, even today's Norwich would have struggled against them.

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
briangreen":22dxq56x said:
Forces town? Was; not is.
We've had our moments where I would say we have had better teams than clubs like Norwich. When I first started watching argyle mariner and Rafferty were tearing defences apart, even today's Norwich would have struggled against them.

They finished third in the First Division and Runners up in the League cup the season Mariner and Rafferty tore apart Division 3 :)

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
rsp4":3nrsy9qq said:
Just as well start this now then.

Carey to Stoke :) :) :)

I don’t reckon Carey isn’t good enough for an ambitious Championship club... more like Nathan Jones might take one or two Luton players to Stoke..

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
JannerinCardiff":2l3xzw9v said:
rsp4":2l3xzw9v said:
Just as well start this now then.

Carey to Stoke :) :) :)

I don’t reckon Carey is good enough for an ambitious Championship club... more like Nathan Jones might take one or two Luton players to Stoke..

Feb 23, 2008
Beemerbeale":2r0axvzd said:
Football clubs are ran as a business now so it's all about the money. I personally think the club will take the risk and cash in and hope we stay up with possibly what DA can add in January. Do I want Carey to go No. but I think we can survive with out him.

Proper fag packet maffs here, but if you look at the fact we paid or are paying two player's wages for roughly 72 weeks (edited to add ie Sept 17 to Jan 19) at a probably conservative estimate of 1250 a week, that works out at roughly 180k.

Just to put into perspective that 300k sounds a lot of money but I don't think it would go that far, it wouldn't outweigh Carey's probable contribution anyhow.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
chunkymonkey78":etvk30aj said:
Beemerbeale":etvk30aj said:
Football clubs are ran as a business now so it's all about the money. I personally think the club will take the risk and cash in and hope we stay up with possibly what DA can add in January. Do I want Carey to go No. but I think we can survive with out him.

Proper fag packet maffs here, but if you look at the fact we paid or are paying two player's wages for roughly 72 weeks of the year at a probably conservative estimate of 1250 a week, that works out at roughly 180k.

Just to put into perspective that 300k sounds a lot of money but I don't think it would go that far, it wouldn't outweigh Carey's probably contribution anyhow.

That’s one way to increase a player’s salary. Pay him for an extra 20 weeks for nothing :)

Feb 23, 2008
Lundan Cabbie":104qr5mt said:
chunkymonkey78":104qr5mt said:
Beemerbeale":104qr5mt said:

Proper fag packet maffs here, but if you look at the fact we paid or are paying two player's wages for roughly 72 weeks of the year at a probably conservative estimate of 1250 a week, that works out at roughly 180k.

Just to put into perspective that 300k sounds a lot of money but I don't think it would go that far, it wouldn't outweigh Carey's probably contribution anyhow.

That’s one way to increase a player’s salary. Pay him for an extra 20 weeks for nothing :)

Oops, lol. What I meant was take Ainsworth and Wylde's wages the time they were with us, ie from Sept 17 to Jan 19, the money doesn't go far when you look at it that way.

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
Pogleswoody":1njbps5s said:
If I were Carey, I might go to live in Stoke.

Handy for town and you can walk to Home Park from there. :scarf:

In all seriousness, I used to live and work in Stoke-on-Trent. Lovely people but GNS without a doubt...

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Had to figure out GNS.. then it made me smile.. :)

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
JannerinCardiff":1ok73e75 said:
Had to figure out GNS.. then it made me smile.. :)

"Got no sense" ??
"God, not stoke"??
(The're a bunch of) gunnahs??

Help me out. It's been a long day :shifty: