Carey to Luton? | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Carey to Luton?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Beemerbeale":18i8k2wk said:
What has he done then apart from been very greedy, try skills that don't come off and not score goals like previous seasons ??

For once I agree with Balham, and a post above summed it up... 'even when he has a "bad" game its still a 6/10 performance'

There have been games where I've read on here he's been terrible, then you watch the highlights or come back from the game and realise that he's the one who's created our only chances, or assisted the goal, or even tracked back to make a vital clearance.

He's our best player, simple as that.

May 8, 2011
signalspast":37722g3n said:
Or perhaps didn't progress as he thought they would and hence his under par performances this season

Or realised he has found his ‘home’ and that Adams has made him the player he is and has seen what has happened to the careeers of other players who left.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Lose Carey and we will all know how carp this team is without him even if he is having a poor ( by his standards ) season thus far ).
He is still by far our best player and a real matchwinner.
Lose him and we are going down for sure

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Beemerbeale":7peu3kx9 said:
Same situation as Jervis, take something now or nothing in 6 months time.

Not really, because Jervis had been replaced by Lameiras and wasn't playing, whereas Carey is our best player and we need him in our relegation fight.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Beemerbeale":5qn5anb9 said:
Same situation as Jervis, take something now or nothing in 6 months time.

Different situation, Jervis was in and out of the match day squad, Carey is one of the first names on the team sheet every week.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
I can't understand why anyone would want to see our best player leave - particularly in a relegation fight.

May 29, 2018
Don't want him to leave, but would rather get something rather than nothing. And with RL hitting form would be a perfect player to step up

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
I'd suggest that given where we are, the contribution he will make will be worth more than a few hundred grand towards the end of a contract (if accurate). And anyway, I'm sure there is every hope he will see out his career with us.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
So, Beemerbeale, you would rather get, say, £300k and a much bigger risk of relegation than nothing at the end of the season and a better chance of remaining in League 1.
I think relegation would cost us much more than what we could get for Graham Carey in this transfer window.
There is also the possibility that he will agree an improved contract here.
Edit: Just read Frank’s post. Obviously, we agree.

R

rdr123

Carey is one of those players that does seem quiet at times but then will provide a match winning assist or a goal when we need it. If we want to stay up then he needs to stay and I expect the club know that as well.

May 29, 2018
Football clubs are ran as a business now so it's all about the money. I personally think the club will take the risk and cash in and hope we stay up with possibly what DA can add in January. Do I want Carey to go No. but I think we can survive with out him.

Apr 15, 2008
London
The trouble with selling your best players during the January window when you're in a desperate relegation dogfight is that it reinforces the 'same old Argyle; no ambition to ever be anything other than a third tier side'.

And some people wonder why there isn't a bigger support for the team within the city.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
There's a great hardcore support, but for a city of this size the overall numbers should be way higher.

Somewhere like Norwich has a core support of nearly 20,000 and so should we.