Carey's sublime piece of skill. Thanks to Chris Webb. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Carey's sublime piece of skill. Thanks to Chris Webb.

Aug 5, 2016
To flick the ball so perfectly into his instep without overrunning it into the next defender is extraordinary. The Portsmouth player does nothing wrong, solid positioning, but Carey rinses him whilst blind to his movements, absolutely brilliant.

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
Truly remarkable skills from a player who hasn't been on the end of many goals this season but provides inspiration for other players and the fans.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
This thread is about the sublime skill on the wing, not the goal.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Emeraldinho":81nqj8cu said:
Just fired off an email to SSN with a link to the clip - that sort of skill deserves a national audience!

Shouldn't you wait until GC10 has a long term contract with us ? :silent:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
What I really like is the fact that it was a decisive area of the pitch, and that he makes the far from straightforward pass afterwards as well.

So it was unbelievable skill but 1) it wasn’t just showboating, it was effective. And 2) sometimes when players do that, they switch off afterwards and admire what they just did. He produced the final ball as well.

My man crush isn’t disappearing any time soon :oops:

Jul 3, 2013
Remember Akos doing the same sort of thing, 01:57 in the video.

https://youtu.be/6JVSpymeEaY

There is no doubt both players have incredible talent but Akos shades it to me simply due to the fact he pulled of the skills more consistent and against better quality Opposition.

Only ever been top Norwich twice and both left me with memories, the 1st was a 97 year old Taribo West playing and the 2nd was Akos producing 2 incredible free kicks for a 3-1 victory.

Oct 31, 2015
Emeraldinho":1jswrs7d said:
Just fired off an email to SSN with a link to the clip - that sort of skill deserves a national audience!

Noooooo don't show the rest of the UK!!!!

Mar 8, 2016
Steve Evans":2rxpdw38 said:
i am dreading the day graham and ruben leave us. :cry:

Yeah you’re not wrong. They’re worth the ticket money alone sometimes. It will be a sad day when Carey decides to move on. What a player he’s been for this club over the past 4 years.

Unbelievable! I too am in love with this man! What I love about him is that he can do things like that but at the same time puts in a hell of a shift and works for the team. I really hope he stays with us but can’t see it happening. At his age, and being at the top of his game, he probably has one last big contract in him. Unfortunately we probably are not able to give him that. Let’s enjoy him while we have him.