Carey's sublime piece of skill. Thanks to Chris Webb. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Carey's sublime piece of skill. Thanks to Chris Webb.

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
IJN":3vw2vv82 said:
There has to be a name for it.

Any suggestions?

‘The Archbishop’ - after the former Archbishop of Canterbury Carey, because it was heavenly! It really was.

Aug 5, 2016
Biggs":ime77zq9 said:
What I really like is the fact that it was a decisive area of the pitch, and that he makes the far from straightforward pass afterwards as well.

So it was unbelievable skill but 1) it wasn’t just showboating, it was effective. And 2) sometimes when players do that, they switch off afterwards and admire what they just did. He produced the final ball as well.

My man crush isn’t disappearing any time soon :oops:

Pretty straight forward pass if uou ask me, less than ten yards on his favoured foot to a man in space? The beauty is he opted for the pass, many others would have had an adrenaline rush and tried to take on another, or banged a cross in blind. But it is stretching it to suggest Carey pulled off a difficult pass there.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I didn’t say it was difficult, I was basically trying to say exactly what you’ve articulated there. That after the skill it’s not a straightforward pass, because a lot of players either keep going and taking the whole team on or are buzzing so much after the hard skill that they then don’t do the ‘easy’ bit.

And it wasn’t even that easy because lots of players would have gone for the cross or not seen the teammate pull back into space. Especially when they’ve just pulled off that move a split second before.

Aug 5, 2016
Yes I do agree, a burst of adrenaline is a massive part of 'tunnel vision' in my experience. Every week you see it on highlights, players on a jinking run oblivious to a square pass for a simple goal, then suffering the death stare from a teammate when they go alone and make a hash of it. Sometimes it is selfish play, other time players are simply too wrapped up in the moment to notice anything at all around them except the ball, the goal and a split second chance. Sadly composure is something not easily taught.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Deacster":8rxogps1 said:
Amazing, didn't Borjan Djorkic do a similar skill by the byline a few times?

Yep. The exact same. Pulled it off a couple times but also failed many many times more.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I showed this clip to my Chester supporting mate.. he said that’s nothing you want to see the skill involved in goals scored by one of their players at Colwyn Bay where the player dribbled past 5 or 6 players from just outside their own box and took the ball all way to the other end (dribbling past opponents) and a quality finish.

The player’s name..... Antoni Sarcevic.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
JannerinCardiff":1gr3j4a6 said:
I showed this clip to my Chester supporting mate.. he said that’s nothing you want to see the skill involved in goals scored by one of their players at Colwyn Bay where the player dribbled past 5 or 6 players from just outside their own box and took the ball all way to the other end (dribbling past opponents) and a quality finish.

The player’s name..... Antoni Sarcevic.
Not quite 5 or 6 players but a good goal nonetheless:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ4BzuWrtf0

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Love the way guy looks to see why the ball isn`t where it was a nanosecond before, better than sex if my memory serves me right.