Carey's sublime piece of skill. Thanks to Chris Webb. | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Carey's sublime piece of skill. Thanks to Chris Webb.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":3loi9ujr said:
That's why I used the word 'Football' - I know you're a slave to rules, being a referee and all that but some rules are stupid.

A bit like an 89th winner in a play off final and a referee books a player for taking his shirt off and waving it above his head. It's a rule, but a bleeds stupid one.

Imagine the pleasure that one slice of action (what 5 seconds) has given the footballing public, and some idiot wants to stop it being shown?????? Idiocy and nothing less.

It's not rules though Ian, it is the law of the land. Just because you believe it is stupid you can't simply ignore the copyright laws of this country.

I remember back to before there was a change in the rules over the publishing of fixture lists each summer. PASOTI was very much insistent that posters were to refrain from posting the fixtures for fear of an EFL backlash against the site for breeching their copyright. You were acting correctly back then so why the change of stance now?

Jan 22, 2016
Calm down, calm down!

The post being referred to was over on Facebook, relating to someone who posted a video of the Carey goal directly from iFollow during the game. The short clip of the filthy piece of skill by GC is absolutely fine, although should come with an 18+ rating.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Lundan Cabbie":38audisw said:
IJN":38audisw said:
That's why I used the word 'Football' - I know you're a slave to rules, being a referee and all that but some rules are stupid.

A bit like an 89th winner in a play off final and a referee books a player for taking his shirt off and waving it above his head. It's a rule, but a bleeds stupid one.

Imagine the pleasure that one slice of action (what 5 seconds) has given the footballing public, and some idiot wants to stop it being shown?????? Idiocy and nothing less.

It's not rules though Ian, it is the law of the land. Just because you believe it is stupid you can't simply ignore the copyright laws of this country.

I remember back to before there was a change in the rules over the publishing of fixture lists each summer. PASOTI was very much insistent that posters were to refrain from posting the fixtures for fear of an EFL backlash against the site for breeching their copyright. You were acting correctly back then so why the change of stance now?

Slightly different, this is a bunch of football (not only Argyle) fans loving watching a silky move, just after it happens. NOTHING should stop that, it's what makes football tick.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":56v0yjbf said:
Lundan Cabbie":56v0yjbf said:
IJN":56v0yjbf said:

Slightly different, this is a bunch of football (not only Argyle) fans loving watching a silky move, just after it happens. NOTHING should stop that, it's what makes football tick.

Sadly though Ian, the law does stop it..... or attempts to. Watching it is fine though, it is those who publish it who are breaking the law.

As someone has said though, PASOTI has only posted links to where it has been published illegally on social media so you are in the clear. If the EFL want to take on Facebook then that is up to them. I'm sure Mark Zuckerberg has enough Spondulix to pay their bill.

Oct 31, 2015
Why all the rhetoric about posting a clip?

Am I missing something?

Can't see a problem with what has been posted on Twitter and book of face

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
This is the original, given freely by Matt Wright.

9aH5F3h.mp4

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
L G":11ftieur said:
Chris Webb":11ftieur said:
Ha, take all the credit? Someone messaged it to me and I put it on twitter. Some people are very sensitive. Haven’t had any contact from the club and wouldn’t expect any. Video had almost 700,000 views already. They can have the free PR.
Free PR? What sort of madness is that?

"Come to Home Park and see a player capable of this kind of skill" - yea no idea why the club would want such PR getting out there...

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yep exactly.

I also think that Argyle could get their 'brand' or stars like Carey more visible in the city centre. Not quite the same, but I remember coming out of the main Rome railway station and seeing a 50ft tall image of Francesco Totti on the side of a building.

Possibly not the best time with potentially a few months left of his contract, but I'd love something similar (doing this skill) on the side of the Civic Centre or even on vacant shop units in the centre.

You'd barely know Argyle existed at the moment.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I don't understand the view that Carey has just come to life and that he's apparently 'back', he never went anywhere. Granted he hasn't scored as many goals, but he's still been working hard and contributing all season. He deserved his goal on Saturday and it's been coming.

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Should get a good airing on soccer am this Saturday .

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
So easy to watch 30 times in a row

McQ

May 10, 2005
Plymouth
Just so people know the story of why the video exists.

Matt a new member of the GA (recently converted but now definitely has the bug) was attending with his partner, son and step son. When Carey scored they were disappointed that they didn't video the free kick. Jack his son then decided to film Carey so they didn't miss the next thing. He was then in the prime location to capture the amazing piece of skill. Matt posted it to Twitter and FB and it somehow found its way to some other places online and from there Carey goes viral.

Time and place is everything

Nov 2, 2004
Cobi Budge":h3ls3kyz said:
I don't understand the view that Carey has just come to life and that he's apparently 'back', he never went anywhere. Granted he hasn't scored as many goals, but he's still been working hard and contributing all season. He deserved his goal on Saturday and it's been coming.

This,he is our best player.