Carey's sublime piece of skill. Thanks to Chris Webb. | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Carey's sublime piece of skill. Thanks to Chris Webb.

Oct 31, 2015
McQ":3qf9mekd said:
Just so people know the story of why the video exists.

Matt a new member of the GA (recently converted but now definitely has the bug) was attending with his partner, son and step son. When Carey scored they were disappointed that they didn't video the free kick. Jack his son then decided to film Carey so they didn't miss the next thing. He was then in the prime location to capture the amazing piece of skill. Matt posted it to Twitter and FB and it somehow found its way to some other places online and from there Carey goes viral.

Time and place is everything

Nicely done and timed.

Take a bow although a million people now know of his skills

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I showed the clip to my Cardiff friends, they said it was awesome skill !!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Well done Matt Wright, that one video has now gone around the world and has been view over a MILLION times.

What a PR scoop for PAFC even if it was not official sanctioned.

McQ

May 10, 2005
Plymouth
IJN":1i4injdc said:
Well done Matt Wright, that one video has now gone around the world and has been view over a MILLION times.

Thanks Ian - I will relay the message and maybe get him to join Pasoti

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
IJN":1nvhnl8b said:

Indeed.
No need for the club to get all threatening with people about the posting and sharing of it really.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

IJN":1kdwa32k said:

LOL. It's anything BUT a PR scoop for the club. It couldn't be any more opposite in fact.

It's fantastic PR for Graham Carey - that's the same Graham Carey who's out of contract in 4 months and has both strengthened his bargaining position for contract negotiations with us, AND publicised his talents to every other potential suitor club.

:crazy:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'd hate to get stuck in a lift with you, I really would.

May 8, 2011
The Grumpy Loyal":31azoti8 said:
IJN":31azoti8 said:

LOL. It's anything BUT a PR scoop for the club. It couldn't be any more opposite in fact.

It's fantastic PR for Graham Carey - that's the same Graham Carey who's out of contract in 4 months and has both strengthened his bargaining position for contract negotiations with us, AND publicised his talents to every other potential suitor club.

but he doesn’t want to leave.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
The Grumpy Loyal":1gk2ixti said:
IJN":1gk2ixti said:

As if any club worth their salt doesn't already know what he's capable of.

I'm sure pretty much every club in L1/L2/Championship who are even remotely interested in him know that he has this sort of magic in his locker.

As for Carey's bargaining position, considering our attack has pretty much relied on him since he arrived safe to say his position is already pretty damn good, certainly good enough to render one fancy trick a little irrelevant.

Jan 27, 2012
Yes don’t publicise Carey too much on the national stage when he is out of contact. Out of sight is out of mind of clubs with more money than Argyle (ie most other clubs in League One).

What a player though- far and away Argyle’s best since the Championship days. Get him to sign on the dotted line- he’s more important than Joe Mason.

Jan 6, 2004
Carey is great and we should keep him if possible but he is a risk from another club's point of view - he is not consistent (anyone who says he is has poor memory) and I think needs to be in the right frame of mind and the right team set up to thrive - he has that at the moment at Argyle but his form could drop off a cliff at the wrong club. I think for those reasons it is also in his interests to stay, I think he is already on a pretty decent salary for this division.

Aug 5, 2016
The Grumpy Loyal":2wkju1k8 said:
IJN":2wkju1k8 said:

I think clubs are more interested in the free kick goal rather than tricks or flicks.

The first thing Pulis did at Home Park was drop Akos Buzsaky probably for similar reasons. Managers like players who are economical with the ball. It would have been easy to get a corner from GC's position. Whilst it was an exceptional piece of skill, it would be hard to pull off again. Someone mentioned Bojan Djordic pulled it off once and failed many many more times trying to do it again.

So I don't think watching this clip alone will get the contract offers flooding in. A burst of goalscoring or creative form like Lameiras probably would though.