Carey's sublime piece of skill. Thanks to Chris Webb. | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Carey's sublime piece of skill. Thanks to Chris Webb.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
There is now a GIF at the top of Pasoti to remind plus of this wonderful piece of skill.

Aug 13, 2011
I am still convinced that was the best piece of Football trickery to beat a man in the history of the game. I can look my grandkids, if I get any, in the eye and say that. Even an online friend I play chess with in Alabama Prison, I sent him the llink, said its the best piece of soccer skill he's ever seen. And he normally watches American Football. It was intrinsic skill.

Sep 19, 2015
gariboldi":2djb9zsc said:
I am still convinced that was the best piece of Football trickery to beat a man in the history of the game. I can look my grandkids, if I get any, in the eye and say that. Even an online friend I play chess with in Alabama Prison, I sent him the llink, said its the best piece of soccer skill he's ever seen. And he normally watches American Football. It was intrinsic skill.

Obiously this is solely opinion based but I would recommend watching Bolasie's piece of skill vs Christian Erikson. Absolutely blows Carey's wonderful flick out of the water.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
PlymouthCasual":29637zs6 said:
gariboldi":29637zs6 said:

Obiously this is solely opinion based but I would recommend watching Bolasie's piece of skill vs Christian Erikson. Absolutely blows Carey's wonderful flick out of the water.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X0dh7aqNAgY

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
gariboldi":2f2zttr2 said:
Even an online friend I play chess with in Alabama Prison

Well I for one would like to know more about this :lol:

Not a sentence I expected to read today.

Aug 13, 2011
He's a chess companion & friend I play online with from Alabama prison. I know nothing of his misdemenaour, wouldn't want to, not my business. I'm not judgemental. I agree with the Bolasie skill. Amazing that ! Perhaps it is only players of Argyle past or present capable of that level of skill? Both examples were mesmeric. I'd say Carey's had more complication in movement and direction but Bolasie's involved bouncing the ball over Erikson's leg. it WAS wonderful. I think we have seen the two best pieces of skill in the history of the game and I'm proud to say both from Argyle linked players.

Aug 13, 2011
Well ,yes , but Ok he can put it right home v Luton. I hope he sticks with Lameiras, stops messing his head about, subbed again Sat when he's the only one ever likely to score out of nothing these days. That annoys me with DA. Stick with the lad, he's proven he can be genius and recently was the main one responsible for lifting us out the well. Deserves better. Needs better or we'll lose him when out of contract at end of season.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Penlee":3pztqz9x said:
Sorry to say but Bolasie's was luck, he dragged it back and it flicks off the opponents foot into the air. Not a patch on Carey's.

Bergkamp comes close though :greensmile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IicmCu47pMo
My favourite goal EVER (non-Argyle of course)..... Never tire of watching it. Like the Carey magic I can't quite get my head around how he even thought of it let alone executed it so smoothly. Both brilliant - but Bergkamp scored.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Penlee":2hl1zxqh said:
Sorry to say but Bolasie's was luck, he dragged it back and it flicks off the opponents foot into the air. Not a patch on Carey's.

Bolasie flicks it of his own foot.

Touches it with one, flicks it with the other.

Despite such confined space Erikssen gets nowhere near it.
Which is partly why it’s so precious.

Aug 13, 2011
Ave_IT":2k2kydko said:
Penlee":2k2kydko said:

My favourite goal EVER (non-Argyle of course)..... Never tire of watching it. Like the Carey magic I can't quite get my head around how he even thought of it let alone executed it so smoothly. Both brilliant - but Bergkamp scored.

Bergkamp did score but it was more difficult for Carey to score after his piece of skill as he was still on the bye line. If he had scored aswell from there it would have blown Bergkamp's out the water.

Sep 6, 2006
gariboldi":2nwaj35g said:
Ave_IT":2nwaj35g said:
Penlee":2nwaj35g said:

Bergkamp did score but it was more difficult for Carey to score after his piece of skill as he was still on the bye line. If he had scored aswell from there it would have blown Bergkamp's out the water.

So still the best piece of skill ever by Carey then?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Balham_Green":1f9t6ui3 said:
gariboldi":1f9t6ui3 said:
Ave_IT":1f9t6ui3 said:
Penlee":1f9t6ui3 said:

So still the best piece of skill ever by Carey then?

Balham do you really get off on being sarcastic and winding people up?

Penlee

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Justin":2ozcwuel said:
Penlee":2ozcwuel said:

Bolasie flicks it of his own foot.

Touches it with one, flicks it with the other.

Despite such confined space Erikssen gets nowhere near it.
Which is partly why it’s so precious.

Fair play I think you're right Justin