Carey's sublime piece of skill. Thanks to Chris Webb. | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Carey's sublime piece of skill. Thanks to Chris Webb.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Further evidence of a thread started to celebrate a superb piece of skill.
I don’t care who captured the moment, I just know it was great to have the opportunity to see it again and confirm that it happened as I thought I saw it.
I suppose that Argyle were covering themselves for when Big Brother issued a formal warning.

Aug 13, 2011
I have never seen anything better by anyone. That will include Messi, Ronaldo, the other Ronaldo, Maradona, Pele, whoever. It makes the Cryff turn look cumbersome by comparison. No offence to the late, great Johan. But that's simply the best skinning of a player I've ever seen. He was running at pace, with no room, hounded by the Pompey defender and there were three or 4 movements involved that were virtually humanly impossible to co-ordinate with that degree of mastery in the split second he had. . It is the best piece of football skill to ever grace the planet. Graham Carey take a bow.

Sep 6, 2006
gariboldi":oxa7bn23 said:
I have never seen anything better by anyone. That will include Messi, Ronaldo, the other Ronaldo, Maradona, Pele, whoever. It makes the Cryff turn look cumbersome by comparison. No offence to the late, great Johan. But that's simply the best skinning of a player I've ever seen. He was running at pace, with no room, hounded by the Pompey defender and there were three or 4 movements involved that were virtually humanly impossible to co-ordinate with that degree of mastery in the split second he had. . It is the best piece of football skill to ever grace the planet. Graham Carey take a bow.

Now thats just silly isnt?. But I fear you are being serious.

Aug 13, 2011
Balham_Green":3ivdrz7a said:
gariboldi":3ivdrz7a said:

Now thats just silly isnt?. But I fear you are being serious.

Only "silly" from the point of view we are talking the English 1st division and I'm biased. . No, serious. You will not find a better piece of skill in the history of the game. Not Stanley Matthews, Tom Finney, George Best, Matt leTissier nor the world's greatest players as mentioned, including Zidane, would have equalled that. , The judgement is based on the fact it was virtually humanly impossible to pull off in the time and space he did it while running at full speed towards the byline while being aggressively hounded, and we are talking all from studs on the ball at incredible speed, dragging this way and that with absolute CNC degree precision,... No, ..when it comes to the art of skinning an opponent we did witness the greatest piece of skill in the history of the game. No question about it. That judgement has been made studying the instance on its own merit without prejudice from media protocol, better players, better leagues. You have to only focus your judgement on the piece of skill itself. And it WAS the best piece of trickery ever, and I can say I was honoured to be there.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
It’s a way more sophisticated bit of skill than the Cruyff turn, definitely.

Football has moved on so much in the last 30 years or so, that you simply wouldn’t have seen Cruyff or Pele or Maradona do this trick because it didn’t exist. I’ve seen this Carey skill a few times in 5-a-sides and showboating videos, but to do it in a relatively high level professional game in a decisive area of the pitch is absolutely superb.

Aug 13, 2011
Absolutely. And we can't allow ourselves to be deluded in to thinking it can't be up there as the best, just because he's not a general household name. We are trained by the media to accept this. It's a nonsense. I've never seen anything better... anywhere.

Aug 5, 2016
I've shown it to people all week and the reaction is similar. If that was Pogba, Salah or Hazard it would have been talked about by millions, featured on MOTD and gone internationally viral.

Aug 13, 2011
And I've never even seen Hazard do anything that good and that type of trickery is his forte. That was so so outrageous I still firmly believe I witnessed at Home Park on the 9th Feb 2019 the best piece of raw football skill in the history of the game. The more I see it, the more I can't believe it. It was not of this dimension.

Sep 6, 2006
gariboldi":35oarxrz said:
And I've never even seen Hazard do anything that good and that type of trickery is his forte. That was so so outrageous I still firmly believe I witnessed at Home Park on the 9th Feb 2019 the best piece of raw football skill in the history of the game. The more I see it, the more I can't believe it. It was not of this dimension.

Keep taking the tablets mate. Good to see Pasoti keeps a sense of perspective.

Sep 2, 2008
I think you only need to watch the clip taken from behind the goal that shows pretty much the whole crowd lift out of their seats as it happened. Lifting out of your seat like that is an involuntary movement. Seeing something as special as that just made peoples' bodies react as they did. I'm not ashamed to admit that I was one of those people. It was just a shame that Sarce dawdled on the ball and fluffed the finish that Careys bit of skill deserved.

Dec 15, 2018
I couldn't see anything on my PC. But when I right clicked and chose 'Open image in new tab' I could see the video. Graham Carey at his best.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Fair play probably the best bit of skill I’ve ever seen from an Argyle player..

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Balham_Green":11n6ck1z said:
gariboldi":11n6ck1z said:

Keep taking the tablets mate. Good to see Pasoti keeps a sense of perspective.

Err PASOTI is a website mate, gariboldi speaks for himself only.

Blimey, imagine what people would call PASOTI reading your misery week on week.

You talk of ‘perspective’ dear boy, try to keep it, there’s a good lad.