Charlie Chawke. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Charlie Chawke.

Topboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 2, 2003
Plympton
Shadowknight":3dv55j9s said:
Okay, how long before we start calling them Charlie Chaplin and Ella Fitzgerald then?
Charlie Chawke? Probably with a board made up of Colin Crayon, Billy Biro, Peter Pencil & Micky Marker (relative of ex-Argyle midfielder/Centre half! See what I did there?). :)

H

Half-Time-Pasty

The Doctor":2jhxxbi3 said:
Wasn't there a kids TV character called Charlie Chalk?

Yup...they look similar!
charliechalk_hl.jpg

Apr 15, 2008
London
cheshiregreen":28gpl57l said:
Interesting speculation on this thread.

The Toon attempt
Publican Charlie Chawke has launched an audacious bid to buy English football club, Newcastle United. Chawke confirmed yesterday that he was putting together a consortium to purchase Newcastle from its present owner, Mike Ashley, for £100m (€116m).

"We're looking at it, alright," Chawke said. "It's a great club. He [Ashley] is looking for £100m. You could probably get it for less with a bit of luck. A year-and-a-half ago he was looking for £600m. The problem is to get the syndicate together. Our syndicate in Sunderland bust up last year so a few of us are interested again but others are not, so we will just have to look at trying to get a few people interested in it."

Chawke was part of the Drumaville consortium, an eight-man group that included fellow publican Louis Fitzgerald and a number of property developers, which purchased Sunderland Football Club for €12.65m in 2006.

Having reportedly invested between €60m and €80m in the club, they pulled out three years later when American businessman Ellis Short bought their stake.

From the kind of money, they were talking about with our Geordie friends they could get a bigger outfit easily.

My question - of all the clubs why would there be an interest in us?

0.77p in the pound

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I know this isn't a good business reason, but if I was an Irishman wanting to buy an English football club I would be particularly interested in one that is entirely associated with the colour green. We're also in the Celtic fringe - there's more of a deep cultural/spiritual connection between the far southwest and Ireland than many areas.

L

Laughter My Ploy

cheshiregreen":xi1xl4eb said:
Interesting speculation on this thread.

The Toon attempt
Publican Charlie Chawke has launched an audacious bid to buy English football club, Newcastle United. Chawke confirmed yesterday that he was putting together a consortium to purchase Newcastle from its present owner, Mike Ashley, for £100m (€116m).

"We're looking at it, alright," Chawke said. "It's a great club. He [Ashley] is looking for £100m. You could probably get it for less with a bit of luck. A year-and-a-half ago he was looking for £600m. The problem is to get the syndicate together. Our syndicate in Sunderland bust up last year so a few of us are interested again but others are not, so we will just have to look at trying to get a few people interested in it."

Chawke was part of the Drumaville consortium, an eight-man group that included fellow publican Louis Fitzgerald and a number of property developers, which purchased Sunderland Football Club for €12.65m in 2006.

Having reportedly invested between €60m and €80m in the club, they pulled out three years later when American businessman Ellis Short bought their stake.

From the kind of money, they were talking about with our Geordie friends they could get a bigger outfit easily.

My question - of all the clubs why would there be an interest in us?

I always think about your question....why does anyone thinks there is bundles of money to be made around property development in Home/Central Park especially with a football club weighing it down....there must be easier land to develop around the country

I just can't see much money coming the football clubs way anyways up

Apr 15, 2008
London
Laughter My Ploy":17d6utrd said:
I always think about your question....why does anyone thinks there is bundles of money to be made around property development in Home/Central Park especially with a football club weighing it down....there must be easier land to develop around the country

I just can't see much money coming the football clubs way anyways up

I've always thought that too... the NWO only seemed interested in the World Cup bid - their property plans were always based around that.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Could it be Reidy's Sunderland connections with Niall Quinn ??

Maybe when they were up there the other week Niall asked about and found these guys and put them in touch ??

S

Sporting Lipson

It's gaining momentum on various sites, ah the power of the interweb. Maybe we will get a decent Guiness at HP