Choose one loan player to loan again | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Choose one loan player to loan again

Which loan player would you keep?

• Fornah

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • Woods

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • Lewis

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Opoku

Votes: 48 52.2%
  • Watts

Votes: 10 10.9%

• Total voters
Jul 3, 2013
oldage":yaykj9es said:
Why would we want all of them? They make up half the team who have struggled to get to mid table.

Lewis is raw and inconsistent which was the same thing we were seeing with the likes of Opoku Watts and Fornah early doors, Woods has been outstanding in the 2 games he has started since his sending off.
Maybe it is just me that thinks these loan signings will be much wiser and better with a season behind them.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
I think so too. The improvement in all these players has been quite noticeable during the season. It would be quite disappointing if none were to stay and we have to get a new load of young ones to develop (with all the inconsistencies that involves). I think Opoku and Woods will further improve to be strong CB's at our level.

Jul 12, 2016
Stiffler":10o1nrxa said:
oldage":10o1nrxa said:
Why would we want all of them? They make up half the team who have struggled to get to mid table.

Lewis is raw and inconsistent which was the same thing we were seeing with the likes of Opoku Watts and Fornah early doors, Woods has been outstanding in the 2 games he has started since his sending off.
Maybe it is just me that thinks these loan signings will be much wiser and better with a season behind them.
Risky to make a decision based on two games.Lewis is poor defensively, I'm not sure about Fornah and Watts. Opoku is the only one I'd have back at the moment.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Balham_Green":2d771txl said:
Mark Pedlar":2d771txl said:
Lewis will be available but I'm not sure we want him. Maybe if Cooper (G) replaces a departing Mayor....

Woods may be available, not convinced we won't find better.

Fornah, nah. I'd rather see Randell.

Watts, probably available and one of our better performers over the season.

Opoku - would be surprised if he's available. Would be a great signing but he has the greatest quality of our loanees.i imagine Fulham fans would prefer to see him at Craven Cottage pushing for a place in rheir first 11.

How to find better than Woods then out of curiosity? Have we got contacts with Real Madrid or Bayern Munich?

Are you suggesting that Woods is just below the Madrid/Barca level of player and making such a call on the evidence of 3 games at League 1 level? Methinks it is more likely you are fishing for a little confrontation again rather than offering a sensible counter suggestion.

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
Of the five I think Watts has had the most consistent level of performance but suspect he may be playing next season in the revamped Championship level Toon Army XI

Opoku has something about him, although he is a disciplinary accident waiting to happen...but I suspect if you take that out of his game you would lose a lot of what makes him solid defensively.

Not seen enough of Woods to completely judge but he looks athletic and strong and now we have seen he has some skills as well....

Fornah would be an Ok returnee also.

Lewis....well it depends on what else we need to acquire for next season.....if we still have Grant then maybe a more defensive minded option would be helpful....if we don't he is a good crosser...but clearly has some defensive issues...plus Cooper G will be back in the fold...

So I voted Woods.....

Jul 12, 2016
Abbotts Ann Green":3lupukd4 said:
Half the team? Lewis has started 7 games and Woods 3....

You know what I mean but then again you will never agree with anything I say.
To clarify , we are mid table with the current loanees so if we want to improve why persist with all of them?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
oldage":cr3ric8o said:
Abbotts Ann Green":cr3ric8o said:
Half the team? Lewis has started 7 games and Woods 3....

You know what I mean but then again who will never agree with anything I say.
To clarify , we are mid table with the current loanees so if we want to improve why persist with all of them?

But aren't they learning? Playing games? Getting experience?
They won't be the same players in the same team next year. Everybody accepts that we need to sign some solid experienced players too but, if we do, players like Woods, Fornah and Opoku could thrive next season.

Woods can play, you don't need to watch 20 games to see that. Can he progress is the question.

Jul 12, 2016
They have played a number of games and are still making errors on a regular basis. We have tried rookies now let's get in some experienced players to help our own youngsters progress

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Opoku but I’ll be amazed if Fulham let him go again, especially if they go down.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
oldage":24xpmpca said:
They have played a number of games and are still making errors on a regular basis. We have tried rookies now let's get in some experienced players to help our own youngsters progress
I don't disagree entirely but Cooper, Fornah, Opoku, Watts, Lewis and Woods had no or very little league experience when the season began. At the beginning of next season they would have approximately 190 games under their belts. I like to think they would have learnt something and be all the wiser for the experience. Every one of them should be a better League 1 player than started this season. Obviously they won't all be with us but I would be happy to see any of the loanees return on a permanent basis. Also, the likes of Randell should have benefitted from a season of "men's" football and return to us all the better for the experience. The policy seems to be to sign younger players with the possibility of improving them and selling for a profit which I see the benefit of as opposed to a 34 year old picking up his final contract but if we can work in a couple somewhere in between then we won't be far off. The club have a plan from the top down and I don't see much wrong myself but plenty to feel optimistic about. It's difficult times at present but I am confident we will come out the other side stronger than most. To answer the OP, probably Opoku though I think he could be out of our range.

Sep 6, 2006
oldage":2yv05vyh said:

And how do you propose we pay for good experienced players and persuade them to come all the way down to Plymouth?

Aug 15, 2015
Opoku all day long based on the number of games played, consistency and potential. But for Opoku getting a shot at Fulham in pre-season, I'd be surprised if any of the current loanees are playing in the Championship next season (I include Opoku in that, but for a chance at Fulham).

I'm struggling to see a Championship club considering any one of them as a first-team player. For that to happen, you are looking at a player and deeming them to be above the standard of L1. Can we really say that any of the loanees have been head and shoulders above the rest in this league? I think Opoku potentially might draw interest but realistically I think he would only be viewed as a back-up option and he would want to go out and play. There are big clubs near the foot of the table with big resources in the Championship, like Nottingham Forest, Derby, Birmingham and Sheffield Wednesday. Are they going to look at Opoku as someone who is going to be their talisman at the back, with the sort of spend that these clubs have? I doubt it. Even if Fulham went down, they have young defenders like Tosin Adarabioyo who they will more than likely retain. Is Opoku going to come in and displace this lad?

Who knows, but I generally expect to see them all in L1 next season.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Shoenice":1fkb8r5m said:
Opoku all day long based on the number of games played, consistency and potential. But for Opoku getting a shot at Fulham in pre-season, I'd be surprised if any of the current loanees are playing in the Championship next season (I include Opoku in that, but for a chance at Fulham).

I'm struggling to see a Championship club considering any one of them as a first-team player. For that to happen, you are looking at a player and deeming them to be above the standard of L1. Can we really say that any of the loanees have been head and shoulders above the rest in this league? I think Opoku potentially might draw interest but realistically I think he would only be viewed as a back-up option and he would want to go out and play. There are big clubs near the foot of the table with big resources in the Championship, like Nottingham Forest, Derby, Birmingham and Sheffield Wednesday. Are they going to look at Opoku as someone who is going to be their talisman at the back, with the sort of spend that these clubs have? I doubt it. Even if Fulham went down, they have young defenders like Tosin Adarabioyo who they will more than likely retain. Is Opoku going to come in and displace this lad?

I wouldn't have said Bakinson, Joe Bryan, Bobby Reid etc. exactly set the lower leagues alight playing for us but two have ended up in the Premier league and one as a Championship starter so perhaps we might be underestimating some of these boys or expecting too much from them too soon?

Aug 5, 2016
Haven't seen enough of Woods although he was excellent against Blackpool and my MOM.

I'd like to see the criminally underrated Fornah back next season and Opoku, so it is between those two.

Aug 15, 2015
jerryatricjanner":vk10eng7 said:
Shoenice":vk10eng7 said:

I wouldn't have said Bakinson, Joe Bryan, Bobby Reid etc. exactly set the lower leagues alight playing for us but two have ended up in the Premier league and one as a Championship starter so perhaps we might be underestimating some of these boys or expecting too much from them too soon?

Comparing those three to our current loanees, Bakinson, Bryan & Reid are/were all higher calibre players and demonstrating more when with us than some of the loanees we have now, in my opinion. I wasn't in Plymouth to watch week in week out back when Bryan & Reid were around, but they were terrific for us. Pop a google search in for 'Joe Bryan PASOTI' and 'Bobby Reid PASOTI' and look at what people on here were saying about them. All kinds of superlatives. You don't read those kinds of things about any of our current loanees. That's not to say that the current loanees can't be doing things in a few years from now. But I just don't think that Kelland Watts and Tyrese Fornah have blown anyone away in a way that would make people in the league above sit up and take notice.

Bakinson was here for 14 games so it's difficult to make a judgement on him. However, like with Bryan & Reid, I do recall reading plenty of posts on here raving about his huge potential.