Ciftci | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ciftci

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
NJS37":24jaitg6 said:
Old Gunner":24jaitg6 said:
oldage":24jaitg6 said:
I think that Ciftci is on a different wavelength from most of our players.
He is used to playing with better players around him and must be frustrated when he runs into space and nobody anticipates it.

Agreed--used to be the same with Hourihane. Conor was always looking to play a good ball, but more often than not nobody had made a decent run, so ended up playing a percentage pass. Pity they're not in the same team :)

Thing is, most of us could see that Hourihane was developing into a class player whereas Ciftci, from what I've seen, has been carp.

Not seen enough of Ciftci and you may well be right--but sometimes it's the team you are in. Hoping to see Conor playing Premier League next season.

Jul 17, 2011
looks a nothing player....few nice touches, but any pro player should.

then again, we said the same about goodwilie,rooney, vassell....at least they scored goals.

having said that, he still doesn't look fit to me.

Sep 6, 2006
Lets face it nobody has been playing well, even Carey. Not easy to come in to a new team who are struggling and get very little service. He could come good but he is not suited to the one man up front role.

Aug 7, 2005
Paignton
Add him to the list of players from north of the border that are so good they look crap because of the rest of the team being crap like Maclean and Crawford....

I'm not buying it

Sep 6, 2006
jimbo_the_green":o5l0ynyl said:
Add him to the list of players from north of the border that are so good they look crap because of the rest of the team being crap like Maclean and Crawford....

I'm not buying it

Well he plays with such a creative team playing scintillating attacking football I agree. So must be his fault.

Why oh why does Adams bring in someone like Cifci who is probably a good player in a two up front system but he's not a big strong , hold it up and play it back, man. Same goes for Blisset who is all about flicking it on. I hate the Adams system but if he is going to play it then he needs a proper, strong , hold up forward. After that he needs his midfield to get up the pitch and support. Two holding midfielders are just not doing that.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Round pegs and square holes springs to mind along with clueless obviously.

We are so negative, slow and predictable. Summer acquisitions were poor and overall we are a worse team than last year who would struggle in League 2 at the moment.

He has to change the personnel or the system as its clearly not working. as the personnel is largely set in stone until January can I suggest he looks at the system or would that make me an armchair manager

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
jimbo_the_green":1htp3lae said:

I'm not buying it

I would not dream of bracketing Crawford with McClean in terms of skill level and committment. All they had in common was there country of birth

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Ciftci is a clever footballer but he's never going to be the sacrificial lamb which Adams likes his CF's to be (not criticism of Adams style because when it works it works).

Blissett is a big man, he's all about flick ons, which usually drift into unoccupied space.

Fletcher is a smaller, more nippy striker who needs to feed off somebody else, he's too small & maybe too inexperienced to lead the line.

We don't currently have an available striker who fits the Adams system, the sooner Ryan Taylor gets back the better.

Sep 6, 2006
Cobi Budge":1vb9xpwz said:
Ciftci is a clever footballer but he's never going to be the sacrificial lamb which Adams likes his CF's to be (not criticism of Adams style because when it works it works).

Blissett is a big man, he's all about flick ons, which usually drift into unoccupied space.

Fletcher is a smaller, more nippy striker who needs to feed off somebody else, he's too small & maybe too inexperienced to lead the line.

We don't currently have an available striker who fits the Adams system, the sooner Ryan Taylor gets back the better.

Agreed. So why try to play the SAME system?. A good manager has a system to suit the players. Adams is too inflexible and in my opinion arrogant to change things.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
NJS37":1r51tof1 said:
Old Gunner":1r51tof1 said:
oldage":1r51tof1 said:
I think that Ciftci is on a different wavelength from most of our players.
He is used to playing with better players around him and must be frustrated when he runs into space and nobody anticipates it.

Agreed--used to be the same with Hourihane. Conor was always looking to play a good ball, but more often than not nobody had made a decent run, so ended up playing a percentage pass. Pity they're not in the same team :)

Thing is, most of us could see that Hourihane was developing into a class player whereas Ciftci, from what I've seen, has been carp.
Agreed. I was very much a Hourihane evangelist at the time, frustrated at those who felt he wasn't a good player. Ciftci just isn't up to the fitness standards necessary to be a professional footballer and the fact his vision is better than some others doesn't negate that.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Cobi Budge":3adhgro7 said:

I agree, that's why we have to change the system. Its clearly not working so you have to be flexible and adapt to the personnel you have available.
ONLY an IDIOT carries on doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

DA is stubborn and arrogant and IF only he was half as good as he think he is we would be top of the league not BOTTOM and #RELEGATIONISNAILEDON