Ciftci | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ciftci

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Originally had a back problem but is now struggling with an ankle injury.

Manager Derek Adams said: “We are just assessing Nadir. He had an injection into his ankle on Tuesday so he has got a period of time to let that settle in.

“It’s a degenerative problem that has been going on for a wee while. We are trying to get him back fit and playing again.”

Herald

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
samjones":2yjru7pd said:
Injury, my ar53 - he needs a rocket inserted up his backside if you ask me

Helpful as usual.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
samjones":3ue3boqy said:
ONLY an IDIOT carries on doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

Try learning a musical instrument, you do the same thing over and over again until you can do it.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
GreenThing":3sqv0pal said:
samjones":3sqv0pal said:

Try learning a musical instrument, you do the same thing over and over again until you can do it.

Does always harping on count? :twisted:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
justanotherfan":2zev4xj5 said:
GreenThing":2zev4xj5 said:
samjones":2zev4xj5 said:

Does always harping on count? :twisted:

To get a quieter tone you can always advise the trainee musician to put a sock in it :whistle:

As for getting the same result everytime, those technicians at Canon Photocopiers are idiots!! :furious:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
DA hopes to have him back training next Thursday:

Herald

Mar 23, 2008
The story was he wasn't fit hence why not at his best, this spell being out for a few weeks will hardly help. We can't afford passengers and getting other teams players up to full fitness.

Jul 6, 2009
Ciftci has not been fit since he arrived and the injuries haven't helped. He is a player at this level but needs to be fit. Then again, if he was fit and firing we would have no chance of signing him. I just think Adams should have adequately replaced Taylor with a better fit rather than gamble on a luxury player who may or may not be a decent signing.

Jan 27, 2012
Cifti looks like a fella who could play well in a formation with 2 strikers. He is NOT a hold-the-ball up player in the style of Taylor or Mickey Evans. Thats also the problem with Fletcher. He's a decent footballer but there is no place for a nippy striker in Adam's formation unless he can hold the ball up.

Alternatively, I suppose Cifti could play as part of the front 3 formation- but that would involve moving him wider and requiring a lot of tracking back.

I live in hope....

When ciftci was playing we were creating very few chances, I can only recall him missing one goal scoring chance. Don't think he had many clear cut chances. A couple of months ago Defoe would have strruggled to score in our team.

Now we are creating chances, and missing them...perhaps Ciftci is that finisher

Doubt it but hope so

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
skynet":12vlcbe7 said:
Ciftci has not been fit since he arrived and the injuries haven't helped. He is a player at this level but needs to be fit. Then again, if he was fit and firing we would have no chance of signing him. I just think Adams should have adequately replaced Taylor with a better fit rather than gamble on a luxury player who may or may not be a decent signing.

Exactly. I thought the same at the time of Ciftci's loan signature. As a Club, Argyle have had a poor record of signing up lame players in an endeavour to help us through.

Feb 8, 2005
Quintrell_Green":1blig5w1 said:
skynet":1blig5w1 said:

Exactly. I thought the same at the time of Ciftci's loan signature. As a Club, Argyle have had a poor record of signing up lame players in an endeavour to help us through.

Argyle have always taken a risk with the better quality players. When it comes off it boosts the Club no end.

Unfortunately there will always be the occasion when it doesn't and this seems to be one of them.

Although there is still time for a turnaround, it would appear that this risk may not have turned out as well as could have been expected.

Oct 31, 2015
Go as far back as Beglin. Ex Liverpool 1st team came down to HP after injury and boy he was carp.

Sometimes it works others it is a disaster. I still think this lad has something but not in a DA team