Cleverest goal scored by an argyle player | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Cleverest goal scored by an argyle player

Oct 31, 2015
shortbred":3i73rnvr said:
That’s not how I remember it. I thought Trigger put the ball down knocked it towards goal, the keeper instinctively tried to stop it, touching it and it going in.

As soon as I read the title of the thread this was the goal that springs to mind. I remember at the time celebrating but not knowing quite what Trigger had done :funny:

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
greencard":3l33y2zk said:
You should be worried at your maths! 56 years not 46.
As for the thread title, all these people saying Trigger scored are completely wrong. It was an OG. Wouldn't have counted if Triggs scored

Trigger didnt score, but Evans did...

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
For the sublime team work I keep coming back to a goal scored by Steve McCall (one of very few he scored), against Swansea (who were wearing one of the most sick inducing away shirts the 90s gave us)
The ball was chipped into a crowded penalty area and Kevin Nugent sort of knelt on the floor to play the most perfect cushioned header into the path of McCall (who at this time looked like and older version of Yoda). McCall takes it on the instep of one boot, and before it drops to the floor he volleys past Roger Freestone.
It was poetry.
There's a youtube video 'Plymouth Argyle best goals 1993/94'. Its at around 3.30

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
greencard":1pw9awwt said:
You should be worried at your maths! 56 years not 46.
As for the thread title, all these people saying Trigger scored are completely wrong. It was an OG. Wouldn't have counted if Triggs scored
I think you're right, I can't even do basic arithmetic now. It was all of 56 years ago in November 1964, that is a bit scarey.

I can also remember that goal by Mickey Evans against Swindon in 2004. We used to sit in Block 16 back then so it was just down in front of us and I remember it as Mickey deliberately playing the ball off the back of the Keeper's legs from an indirect free kick as he turned his back on him, then tapping the rebound into the unguarded goal.