Colchester match thread | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Colchester match thread

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I have just seen the SKY match video of the game. The second and third goals that Colchester scored was schoolboy stuff. I just hope Argyle can pick themselves up for a cold Tuesday night in Mancs.

Jul 6, 2011
Think if we had Sawyer and McFadzean playing we would have seen a different Argyle. Add Grant as DM instead of Bakinson who I struggle to rate and Telford alongside Jephcott then I believe we would actually have a football team.
Would love to see Will Aimson fit and playing regular.

Feb 4, 2020
Need a response on Tues...otherwise d Rot can quickly set in...tbh..in Loweys infamous words
.'we remain far from the finished product..'
Just hv to rise above this basement league.
Our struggles this season just infuriate me even more after Adams last season pathetic needless relegation.. Adams should still hang his head in shame

Aug 5, 2016
We got our arses kicked but we are due a bad result and a bad performance.

We lost at home to Swindon and in the cup to Bristol Rovers but they were by no means bad performances.

We haven't really had a mare of a performance since Exeter away. To go away to genuine promotion contenders in extremely good form was never going to be an easy afternoon.

It is also interesting to see fans questioning George Cooper after blowing smoke up his backside for months. How fickle is that? He is an attacking player filling in at wing back and has been pulling the strings for months, but gets the run around for one game and suddenly he is yesterday's man! And of course it is nothing to do with our LCB and captain being suspended.

It is important not to overreact. Let Lowey fire the players back up and forget all this scapegoating nonsense. Not every team in the league is entitled to win every week.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I can take defeats. What I struggle to accept is lack of fight and effort in individual responsibility

Sep 6, 2006
:tumbleweed:
Knibbsworth":ckpgzut4 said:
We got our arses kicked but we are due a bad result and a bad performance.

We lost at home to Swindon and in the cup to Bristol Rovers but they were by no means bad performances.

We haven't really had a mare of a performance since Exeter away. To go away to genuine promotion contenders in extremely good form was never going to be an easy afternoon.

It is also interesting to see fans questioning George Cooper after blowing smoke up his backside for months. How fickle is that? He is an attacking player filling in at wing back and has been pulling the strings for months, but gets the run around for one game and suddenly he is yesterday's man! And of course it is nothing to do with our LCB and captain being suspended.

It is important not to overreact. Let Lowey fire the players back up and forget all this scapegoating nonsense. Not every team in the league is entitled to win every week.

Big difference between not winning every week and being totally outclassed in every area of the pitch. Take it you werent there yesterday.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I can’t stand this hysterical over reaction whenever we lose. Nobody likes getting stuffed away, it it’s just one result, on the back of which we have people saying we won’t get anything on Tuesday and will struggle on Saturday. Generally, this side tends to bounce back from defeat and I expect us to do so on Tuesday, IF the game is on. Failing that, we have a good game to look forward to on Saturday.

We all know that defensively we are lacking. I think we should have recruited there in January, but we don’t know if that was down to Ryan Lowe not feeling he needed anybody, or Mr Hallett not providing the required budget. Either way, promotion or not I expect that defence to be completely overhauled in the summer. I’d be surprised if either Canavan, Wootton or Sawyer are in the team next season or possibly even at the club.

Sep 6, 2006
Devongreenowl":1gbzkssy said:
I can’t stand this hysterical over reaction whenever we lose. Nobody likes getting stuffed away, it it’s just one result, on the back of which we have people saying we won’t get anything on Tuesday and will struggle on Saturday. Generally, this side tends to bounce back from defeat and I expect us to do so on Tuesday, IF the game is on. Failing that, we have a good game to look forward to on Saturday.

We all know that defensively we are lacking. I think we should have recruited there in January, but we don’t know if that was down to Ryan Lowe not feeling he needed anybody, or Mr Hallett not providing the required budget. Either way, promotion or not I expect that defence to be completely overhauled in the summer. I’d be surprised if either Canavan, Wootton or Sawyer are in the team next season or possibly even at the club.

I assume you werent there like Knibsworth. Its NOT the reaction to one defeat. It was the completely abject performance showing so many deficiencies on the back of several mediocre performances recently.

Aug 5, 2016
Balham_Green":3ve29y0g said:
Devongreenowl":3ve29y0g said:

I assume you werent there like Knibsworth. Its NOT the reaction to one defeat. It was the completely abject performance showing so many deficiencies on the back of several mediocre performances recently.

Oh boo hoo. We lost to a better team on the day. Let's cry on the internet about it all weekend.

Or just get on with it and bounce back like Crewe did when we turned them over.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Spot on Knibbs. Nobody can be happy at the way we lost yesterday, but we have two games this week to put it right. Admittedly, if we don’t win either of those I will be more concerned, but I’m not expecting that. I think we will win both. Just hope tomorrow’s game is still on so that they can get yesterday out of their system straight away. No pun intended by the system reference btw.

Sep 6, 2006
Knibbsworth":20iyqd06 said:
Balham_Green":20iyqd06 said:
Devongreenowl":20iyqd06 said:

Oh boo hoo. We lost to a better team on the day. Let's cry on the internet about it all weekend.

Or just get on with it and bounce back like Crewe did when we turned them over.

Very mature response. If you dont wanna discuss it on the internet why are you here?

Sep 6, 2006
Devongreenowl":y1mb75ny said:
Spot on Knibbs. Nobody can be happy at the way we lost yesterday, but we have two games this week to put it right. Admittedly, if we don’t win either of those I will be more concerned, but I’m not expecting that. I think we will win both. Just hope tomorrow’s game is still on so that they can get yesterday out of their system straight away. No pun intended by the system reference btw.

I'd be staggered if we win both. Would be delighted with 4 points. See you next Sunday....!