Conor Grant, when does he re-sign? (Signs 2-year deal) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Conor Grant, when does he re-sign? (Signs 2-year deal)

C

Cult Of Personality

Solid player who kicked on last season. Hopefully kicks on again and becomes one of the best midfielders in the division

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I'm pleased about this. Lowe has got to bring in enough new players without also having to replace ones that he wanted to keep from the existing squad. Grant is a pretty solid and versatile player and developing well - a good one to have in the squad.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Says a lot that the 5 that were offered contracts have re signed

We can now look forward to the newbies that walk through door

Should be an interesting couple of weeks prior to preseason starting

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Joe Edwards, Danny Mayor and Connor Grant re-signed, colour me happy. :greensmile:

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
More good news, two year contracts is a strong statement from the Club that gives players some degree of certainty. I wasn't a fan of Connor Grant in his first season but have certainly warmed to him - as others have said he is improving and at the age of 26 may have his two best seasons ahead of him .

Sep 2, 2008
Lobster":ksyhrog6 said:
Good news. A good, versatile player who is improving year-on-year.

Every player that was offered a contract has signed one. A testament to Lowe's bond with his players.

So you're suggesting that there is loyalty in football? :think:

I think its testament to the wad that he's probably been offered. I can imagine we have loads of shekels to offer especially after the insurance windfall and the worse case scenario budget planning which didn't actually turn out to be worse case.

I've a feeling that Lowe is going to have a sizeable treasure chest this coming season. If so, anything short of a playoff spot is going to be seen as failure.

Next season is looking to be an important one for Lowe.

Btw, dont misunderstand my message. I'm happy with Grant signing on but am just a bit sceptical that the reason for doing so is because of the bond with Lowe.

Mar 23, 2008
Good news. A decent player and another position he don't need to replace in order to focus on the defence. A cultured player who scored some crackers last season.

Oct 28, 2011
Nottingham
More good news. A player who is developing really well at Argyle and long may that continue. It was always good to have a player available who can score from long range efforts, but now that his all-round play has improved significantly, Conor is deservedly a definite and important starter in the team.

The management must be very pleased with all who have re-signed so they can focus their attention elsewhere. Hopefully there will be some more exciting news before Monday.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Pottypilgrim":bn62qmnx said:
Lobster":bn62qmnx said:

Every player that was offered a contract has signed one. A testament to Lowe's bond with his players.

I think its testament to the wad that he's probably been offered. I can imagine we have loads of shekels to offer especially after the insurance windfall and the worse case scenario budget planning which didn't actually turn out to be worse case.

I've a feeling that Lowe is going to have a sizeable treasure chest this coming season. If so, anything short of a playoff spot is going to be seen as failure.

Btw, dont misunderstand my message. I'm happy with Grant signing on but am just a bit sceptical that the reason for doing so is because of the bond with Lowe.

I don’t think Lowe will have anywhere near the budget of the 6 riches clubs in L1… I’d be happy for 10th or above myself. We’ve got the be realistic about our expectations - we did finish 17th last season with the 3rd worst GD in the league.

Great news to have Conor re-signing for at least 2 more years. He’s a great player in my eyes, but if he were to start next season where would most people play him??

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Pottypilgrim":1m2ntyt2 said:
Lobster":1m2ntyt2 said:

Absolute conjecture, and putting unnecessary expectations on the manager and team. The fact that a number of players followed from him Bury, and all the players offered contracts this time round have stayed, tells me that players like playing for him.

Jul 12, 2016
Lobster":1gpmf5xg said:
Pottypilgrim":1gpmf5xg said:
Lobster":1gpmf5xg said:

Absolute conjecture, and putting unnecessary expectations on the manager and team. The fact that a number of players followed from him Bury, and all the players offered contracts this time round have stayed, tells me that players like playing for him.
Because he is a soft touch maybe?One of the boys.

Sep 2, 2008
Lobster":2g16lim2 said:
Pottypilgrim":2g16lim2 said:
Lobster":2g16lim2 said:

I think I could buy into that if perhaps Fadz didn't leave or if Maynard and Nicky Adams had come down with Lowe when he was first appointed. I understand that he has said he would have liked them to join.

You obviously can believe what you want but I choose to believe that players re-signing has nothing to do with the bond they have with a manager or that they like playing for him. I prefer to believe that they stay for their own personal reasons, be that taking up the offer of a large wad to stay or because they have decided they are of a certain age and they want to settle down here or even that they may not have had a decent offer from anywhere else.