Conor Grant, when does he re-sign? (Signs 2-year deal) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Conor Grant, when does he re-sign? (Signs 2-year deal)

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
oldage":2x5ybkmf said:
Lobster":2x5ybkmf said:
Pottypilgrim":2x5ybkmf said:
Lobster":2x5ybkmf said:
Good news. A good, versatile player who is improving year-on-year.

Every player that was offered a contract has signed one. A testament to Lowe's bond with his players.

So you're suggesting that there is loyalty in football? :think:

I think its testament to the wad that he's probably been offered. I can imagine we have loads of shekels to offer especially after the insurance windfall and the worse case scenario budget planning which didn't actually turn out to be worse case.

I've a feeling that Lowe is going to have a sizeable treasure chest this coming season. If so, anything short of a playoff spot is going to be seen as failure.

Next season is looking to be an important one for Lowe.

Btw, dont misunderstand my message. I'm happy with Grant signing on but am just a bit sceptical that the reason for doing so is because of the bond with Lowe.

Absolute conjecture, and putting unnecessary expectations on the manager and team. The fact that a number of players followed from him Bury, and all the players offered contracts this time round have stayed, tells me that players like playing for him.
Because he is a soft touch maybe?One of the boys.
DM is the only Bury player left- if RL was one of the boys he would not have shown a ruthless edge at the end of last season & release the number of players he did (he chose to release Byron & Will ) who had been with him for a considerable time

Football is all about opinions- some will be happy some will not be with the calibre of player we have - it is what it is

I would have been more worried/concerned if Joe, Danny & Conor had rejected their offers & gone elsewhere - then we would have problems

Jul 18, 2011
Pottypilgrim":1p6jufva said:
Lobster":1p6jufva said:

Every player that was offered a contract has signed one. A testament to Lowe's bond with his players.

I think its testament to the wad that he's probably been offered. I can imagine we have loads of shekels to offer especially after the insurance windfall and the worse case scenario budget planning which didn't actually turn out to be worse case.

I've a feeling that Lowe is going to have a sizeable treasure chest this coming season. If so, anything short of a playoff spot is going to be seen as failure.

Btw, dont misunderstand my message. I'm happy with Grant signing on but am just a bit sceptical that the reason for doing so is because of the bond with Lowe.

I would suggest there are around a dozen clubs who will have a better budget than us for the coming year, in some cases massively so.

Dec 30, 2020
Last summer we lost Palmer, Mcfadzean, Josh Grant & Sarcevic (plus George Cooper to injury) from the squad that got promoted. So we needed to recruit several key players just to 'stand still' in terms of the quality of the group.

With the contract renewals completed, that isn't going to be the case this time round. We've only lost fringe and loan players, not our top performers.

Puts us in a good position to have a much better season next time round

Jul 12, 2016
mutley marvel":36nk449d said:
oldage":36nk449d said:
Lobster":36nk449d said:
Pottypilgrim":36nk449d said:
Lobster":36nk449d said:

Absolute conjecture, and putting unnecessary expectations on the manager and team. The fact that a number of players followed from him Bury, and all the players offered contracts this time round have stayed, tells me that players like playing for him.
DM is the only Bury player left- if RL was one of the boys he would not have shown a ruthless edge at the end of last season & release the number of players he did (he chose to release Byron & Will ) who had been with him for a considerable time

Football is all about opinions- some will be happy some will not be with the calibre of player we have - it is what it is

I would have been more worried/concerned if Joe, Danny & Conor had rejected their offers & gone elsewhere - then we would have problems
Lowe got shot of them because his own position would have been under threat with underperforming players.Self preservation.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It wouldn't have been a surprise to see Mayor or Grant sign for a lower Championship or higher League One club, the fact that they've signed for us speaks well for what is happening at Home Park.

D

Deleted member 9145

Hear hear, so far we've retained the quality players and got one quality player in, it all depends on the other signings, but so far so good

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
oldage":2noudh2w said:
mutley marvel":2noudh2w said:
oldage":2noudh2w said:
Lobster":2noudh2w said:
Pottypilgrim":2noudh2w said:
Lobster":2noudh2w said:

Lowe got shot of them because his own position would have been under threat with underperforming players.Self preservation.
:funny:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
oldage":1v3gwnew said:

You have to admire the mental gymnastics there :nworthy:

Sep 2, 2008
PL2 3DQ":1rup0cko said:
It wouldn't have been a surprise to see Mayor or Grant sign for a lower Championship or higher League One club, the fact that they've signed for us speaks well for what is happening at Home Park.

Cant disagree with that. Think Oxford may have been sniffing around although, I guess it could be argued whether they fit into the higher league one club bracket or not.

Apr 1, 2009
Pottypilgrim":pbcfv1oj said:
Lobster":pbcfv1oj said:

You really think that Simon Hallett is going to bung a large proportion of the insurance money into the playing budget? I don't think he's interested in such short term. Even if he did put most of it in, it would have to be spread over 4-5 years to maintain budget levels to accomodate the longer contracts - an extra £400-500k a year would not be a vast injection into the budget. SH however is a long term man and, despite worst case scenario being avoided, the pandemic has still lost the club a lot of money. The insurance money is to replace those losses, and I'd be very surprised if "loads of shekels" were bunged into the playing budget in order to make the sizeable treasure chest you are anticipating. Building the infrastructure is the priority for SH.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Pottypilgrim":355boyr4 said:
Lobster":355boyr4 said:
Pottypilgrim":355boyr4 said:
Lobster":355boyr4 said:

I think I could buy into that if perhaps Fadz didn't leave or if Maynard and Nicky Adams had come down with Lowe when he was first appointed. I understand that he has said he would have liked them to join.

You obviously can believe what you want but I choose to believe that players re-signing has nothing to do with the bond they have with a manager or that they like playing for him. I prefer to believe that they stay for their own personal reasons, be that taking up the offer of a large wad to stay or because they have decided they are of a certain age and they want to settle down here or even that they may not have had a decent offer from anywhere else.

I agree that people can believe what they like. I just choose to believe things based on evidence, instead of making things up to suit my agenda.