Cooper's future at Peterborough in doubt | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Cooper's future at Peterborough in doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
HC Green":zstcorrj said:
Knibbsworth":zstcorrj said:
The Doctor":zstcorrj said:
Knibbsworth":zstcorrj said:
Argylegames":zstcorrj said:
After all this time being jerked around by Fry I hope we drop the whole thing.

Peterborough clearly didn't want him the whole time. Barry Fry and McAntony using the media to make out Cooper was a prized asset was kind of cringey.

Still they know Cooper is young, one of the best creative players at League Two level, so possibly of financial value to someone - just not them.

He isn't in Peterborough's plans now so he is even less valuable. Argyle could probably hold out now, and get him for next to nothing, which was obviously Lowe's gameplan all along.

The risk being that another club jumps in for him.

Very few clubs in the lower leagues are spending money in this generation, never mind post-COVID.

If anyone wanted him to the point of being willing to pay a transfer fee, why haven't they come forward already?

Also there is the wishes of the player to consider. He probably doesn't want to go to Oxford or Bristol Rovers, he wants to play for Ryan Lowe.

If he is that desperate to play for Argyle he could always buy out his contract. That way all three parties win.
Yeah spend a years salary to buy out a contract in order earn a contract on a lesser amount.

:thumbdown:

Dec 20, 2011
do not know if this is true or if it has previously been mentioned, but someone has told me that George Cooper was seen in Plymouth with Aimison this morning.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Pogleswoody":lrs2cns4 said:
falmouthgreen":lrs2cns4 said:
do not know if this is true or if it has previously been mentioned, but someone has told me that George Cooper was seen in Plymouth with Aimison this morning.

Apparently both were in Primark with Messi.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Kentishgreen":3p8te1x1 said:
Any truth in the rumour they went to Dewdneys afterwards?
He won’t if they did

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Peterborough played 2 games today and Cooper was not in either squad

Apr 1, 2009
Dreamgreen":3c0ouksi said:
Ottawa Green":3c0ouksi said:
Peterborough played 2 games today and Cooper was not in either squad

It was made public two days ago that Cooper is available for transfer.

It's been public for at least a year that Cooper has been available for transfer at a Peterborough price.

Oct 31, 2015
Inbound?

I have just seen a tweet with his picture on it. Not big on Twitter so not sure how to post a link or even if the account is a good one :facepalm:

Jun 27, 2019
Has he just forgotten to change it from last season? If that's a recent change then it looks like we've got him back!

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
WoodsyGreen":324dwk21 said:
pafcprogs":324dwk21 said:
Been like that for a while...

Bit weird that Peterborough allowed that in this media-savvy age.

I get the impression that the only aspect of George Cooper that Peterborough have had any interest in for months now is the amount of money they can get for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.