Coughlan/Adams Bust Up | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Coughlan/Adams Bust Up

Mar 23, 2008
Two sides to every story and football is a passionate game so always going to be flare ups. Adams comments earlier in the season about how we fans conduct ourselves do look hypocritical in light of his behaviour at times, I don't have an issue with his passion but feels he doesn't deal with adversity well in terms of his comments about the fans.

Nov 6, 2011
Go Derek you have my full support and showed us you care. Their number #15 was a first class bell. Don't blame Cocko for defending his player either it's a passionate game. Some of the numpties on this site are indeed wet wipes.

Sep 6, 2006
Bristol Rich":1n01pazq said:
Knibbsworth":1n01pazq said:
Bristol Rich":1n01pazq said:
Knibbsworth":1n01pazq said:
Phil50006":1n01pazq said:
Ollieargyle9":1n01pazq said:
Adams jealous that his own fan base prefer the opposition manager to him perhaps?
I would have Coughlan as manager over Adams any day.

Said with absolutely no knowledge of either manager, their abilities or their methods.

If we have no knowledge of such things then you aren't in a position to continually defend the manager either.

I defend him because you gleefully attack him any opportunity you can get. Look at the league table and stop being so venomous about the bloke.

Actually I don't, it is not venomous either to criticise or question managerial decisions. As you mention the league table, this table shows us we are 4 points off relegation and involved in a serious fight to stay up so I'm not sure what your argument is.

However if you follow your logic (not mine) you aren't qualified to defend the manager anyway.

No he isnt.

May 1, 2011
Deacster":3ur4co9g said:
Two sides to every story and football is a passionate game so always going to be flare ups. Adams comments earlier in the season about how we fans conduct ourselves do look hypocritical in light of his behaviour at times, I don't have an issue with his passion but feels he doesn't deal with adversity well in terms of his comments about the fans.

That's pretty spot on.

Aug 5, 2016
Bristol Rich":e8ol7i4h said:
Knibbsworth":e8ol7i4h said:
Bristol Rich":e8ol7i4h said:
Knibbsworth":e8ol7i4h said:
Phil50006":e8ol7i4h said:
Ollieargyle9":e8ol7i4h said:
Adams jealous that his own fan base prefer the opposition manager to him perhaps?

Said with absolutely no knowledge of either manager, their abilities or their methods.

If we have no knowledge of such things then you aren't in a position to continually defend the manager either.

I defend him because you gleefully attack him any opportunity you can get. Look at the league table and stop being so venomous about the bloke.

Actually I don't, it is not venomous either to criticise or question managerial decisions. As you mention the league table, this table shows us we are 4 points off relegation and involved in a serious fight to stay up so I'm not sure what your argument is.

However if you follow your logic (not mine) you aren't qualified to defend the manager anyway.

Sorry I don't follow you. Is being 4 points above the relegation zone a one way ticket to non league now? If not is there any chance you might shake off the Victor Meldrew act?

May 1, 2011
]
Bristol Rich":yafeo0ro said:
Knibbsworth":yafeo0ro said:
Bristol Rich":yafeo0ro said:
Knibbsworth":yafeo0ro said:
Phil50006":yafeo0ro said:
Ollieargyle9":yafeo0ro said:

Sorry I don't follow you. Is being 4 points above the relegation zone a one way ticket to non league now? If not is there any chance you might shake off the Victor Meldrew act?[/quote]

Yes I'm sure you don't follow basic logic.

The league table doesn't defend the manager, it shows we are involved in a relegation battle which the manager has overseen.

If we got relegated by the way we'd be in League 2 not non league.

May 16, 2016
I missed todays game as I was far away enjoying life. Having read this thread as part of catching up, all I can deduce is some people are bit limp.

Argyle cannot be unique in having such whimpish negative supporters can they ? Manager resonates with opposing player after some shennangins.............oh woe is me. I need counselling.

May 1, 2011
Guiri Green":fddiwxvg said:
I missed todays game as I was far away enjoying life. Having read this thread as part of catching up, all I can deduce is some people are bit limp.

Argyle cannot be unique in having such whimpish negative supporters can they ? Manager resonates with opposing player after some shennangins.............oh woe is me. I need counselling.

No one has said that. It's the irony people are commentating on.

I saw the incident and it was no big deal.

May 16, 2016
Bristol Rich":25pzvlmz said:
Guiri Green":25pzvlmz said:

Big enough deal for you to contribute several times to this thread, but there you go, that appears to be 'you'. Its not important.

*Remonstrates not resonates.

May 1, 2011
Guiri Green":2q2nmr5n said:
Bristol Rich":2q2nmr5n said:
Guiri Green":2q2nmr5n said:

Big enough deal for you to contribute several times to this thread, but there you go, that appears to be 'you'. Its not important.

It's a debating board. That point may have passed you by.

May 16, 2016
Bristol Rich":mwpeegtu said:
Guiri Green":mwpeegtu said:
Bristol Rich":mwpeegtu said:
Guiri Green":mwpeegtu said:

Oh I see now, my bad. Sorry.

How ironic is Adams moaning ? Gor blimey what's he like !

Jul 6, 2005
Guiri Green":212h4wtj said:
Bristol Rich":212h4wtj said:
Bristol Rich":212h4wtj said:

Oh I see now, my bad. Sorry.

How ironic is Adams moaning ? Gor blimey what's he like !
Adams called Argyle fans yobs because they verbally abused him after yet another dismal home defeat that left us bottom of the League.

A Rovers player winds up Adams who then has to be held back by our Stewards. This is not the first time that Adams has been involved in such behaviour.

Will the Club issue a warning to Adams, as they did to the fans, stating that they will not tolerate yobbish behaviour.

Sauce for the Goose...?

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
In conclusion of all preceding posts - Mr Adams generates divisive opinions.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Quintrell_Green":2axcqylx said:
The Doctor":2axcqylx said:
The #15 was gesturing at the Lyndhurst after the game, basically asking why they weren’t making any noise etc anymore

Do you mean voluntary goading of the crowd?

Yes, that would describe it. It was nothing much (hand to ear etc) but Adams seemed to take huge exception to it, obviously because we’d just conceded and he needed an outlet for his frustration/anger.