Coughlan/Adams Bust Up | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Coughlan/Adams Bust Up

Jan 1, 2006
Plymouth
Demport Dave Spot on Mr Adam's is a complete winker....practice what you preach......have felt this way since he tarred us all with the yob title. Being green and proud has nothing to do with liking a manager. He should as a pro rise above it.

May 16, 2016
Miles Bidgood":38elv4vb said:
Demport Dave Spot on Mr Adam's is a complete [Insult Removed by Site Admin]....practice what you preach......have felt this way since he tarred us all with the yob title. Being green and proud has nothing to do with liking a manager. He should as a pro rise above it.

Don't think he called all of us Yobs. Just that every Club has it's share of them.

Jan 1, 2006
Plymouth
“There are a number of individuals that are showing a yobbish feeling towards myself and the team.”
As far as I am concerned that meant in context of the story all those that showed displeasure at the performance in that game.....which was most.....certainly me I'm no yob.

Jan 27, 2012
Isn't Adams supposed to be this very professional club manager who is a devout Christain and never drinks or swears ? There seems to be a lot of complexities and contradictions to his personality.

But then the world of professional football seems to be a very different environment from most workplaces where outbursts of agressive behavior would probably lead to instant dismissal rather than praise. Feruguson's hairdryer treatment and throwing tea cups at Beckham's head wouldnt go down very well with the HR departments of most employers.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Miles Bidgood":1nx29jwu said:
“There are a number of individuals that are showing a yobbish feeling towards myself and the team.”
As far as I am concerned that meant in context of the story all those that showed displeasure at the performance in that game.....which was most.....certainly me I'm no yob.

Funny how people can read it the way they want to read it.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
I think any manager who has at one time punched one of his own players, receives 18 game bans, winds up opposition fans who are already causing aggro, gets into spats with even the most mild mannered opposition manager (Chris Powell), and routinely gets in the face of opposition players, has an absolute brass set of balls on him to call anyone else a yob or pull an opposition player up on their behaviour.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Definitely not saying Adams is perfect but I don't understand how anyone can say with so much confidence that they'd prefer Coughlan to Adams? If you're just basing it on the fact he's popular figure from the past, we might as well bring back Sturrick, Mariner or Fletcher. If you're basing on yesterday, then that's also weird considering Rovers looked poor and we were the better team for most of the game.

Mar 16, 2009
London
IJN":3e8ji1hw said:
Miles Bidgood":3e8ji1hw said:

Exactly.

The clues are ‘a number of individuals’ and ‘yobbish’.

Anyone offended by this must consider themselves one of the individuals, and must have been guilty of yobbish behaviour.

And not have the capacity to take responsibility for their actions.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Cobi Budge":18se5y35 said:
Definitely not saying Adams is perfect but I don't understand how anyone can say with so much confidence that they'd prefer Coughlan to Adams? If you're just basing it on the fact he's popular figure from the past, we might as well bring back Sturrick, Mariner or Fletcher. If you're basing on yesterday, then that's also weird considering Rovers looked poor and we were the better team for most of the game.

Wise words.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
up_the_line":3einavub said:
I think any manager who has at one time punched one of his own players, receives 18 game bans, winds up opposition fans who are already causing aggro, gets into spats with even the most mild mannered opposition manager (Chris Powell), and routinely gets in the face of opposition players, has an absolute brass set of balls on him to call anyone else a yob or pull an opposition player up on their behaviour.

It's worthless posting that really Patrick. Almost every post of yours is anti Adams. What is it with some people they have to sit in their seats, in front of their keyboard, rocking to and fro repeating the same thing time and time again?

He's OUR manager, it's OUR team, it's OUR club, who cares a flying fig what the rights and wrongs are? We're Argyle through and through and we should perhaps think what we want to think but publicly we should be united. That's how I think it should work!

You and Miles getting all snowflakey (along with many others) about his use of the word 'yobs', yet you all take it completely out of the context of the conversation, you actually leave off parts of the phrase, and try to use that against him. What does that say.........? (Rhetorical).

Would you admit you had an ugly baby, of course you wouldn't, but privately you may think 'he's ugly but he's ours'.

May 8, 2011
Miles Bidgood":19oz13ic said:

Depends how you were showing your displeasure to him and the players, if it was just booing and jeering then he wasn’t referring to you.

May 1, 2011
Justin":3m0jy1ho said:
IJN":3m0jy1ho said:
Miles Bidgood":3m0jy1ho said:

Exactly.

The clues are ‘a number of individuals’ and ‘yobbish’.

Anyone offended by this must consider themselves one of the individuals, and must have been guilty of yobbish behaviour.

And not have the capacity to take responsibility for their actions.

As you were so sanctimonious about the so called yobbish behaviour of supporters, you must be disgusted by the manager yesterday then:)

Feb 23, 2008
IJN":3dbvtsiu said:
Miles Bidgood":3dbvtsiu said:

I'd say there's a difference between maybe a bit of booing and generally showing your displeasure at another pee poor performance, or getting a bit OTT and referring to our own player's country of origin etc?

Surely that's the difference between a disgruntled fan and a yob?

May 16, 2016
I saw Adams in Tescos' once, I was over by the Cornflakes and he was heading towards Toiletries. I shouted out "Oi you smelly Tw8t, you're rubbish get out of Devon".

You should have seen the look he gave me. I'm still haunted by it, the aggression and surprise was evident in his eyes. He looked so angrily at me, totally uncalled for in my opinion. I've only just started sleeping properly again. I know there was a young couple with a baby nearby, just by the Coco Pops, they were upset because they were worried he thought it was them that shouted out. They didn't even like Football !!

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
IJN":7qn28vfo said:
up_the_line":7qn28vfo said:

It's worthless posting that really Patrick. Almost every post of yours is anti Adams. What is it with some people they have to sit in their seats, in front of their keyboard, rocking to and fro repeating the same thing time and time again?

He's OUR manager, it's OUR team, it's OUR club, who cares a flying fig what the rights and wrongs are? We're Argyle through and through and we should perhaps think what we want to think but publicly we should be united. That's how I think it should work!

You and Miles getting all snowflakey (along with many others) about his use of the word 'yobs', yet you all take it completely out of the context of the conversation, you actually leave off parts of the phrase, and try to use that against him. What does that say.........? (Rhetorical).

Would you admit you had an ugly baby, of course you wouldn't, but privately you may think 'he's ugly but he's ours'.

I'm not bothered if he thinks someone is a yob... All I'm saying is with his track record he'd know what a yob is (i.e. smacking one of his own players about). I'm saying he's got nerve to bandy that term about given he's a yob himself.
You say 'he's our manager and its our club so who cares'. Fine, I'm sure you'll be equally supportive if Argyle appointed Ainsworth or Steve Evans as manager then as they'd be 'our manager at our club'.
You seem to be suggesting because he's 'our manager and it's our club' we should be fine with whatever he gets up to. Or if we're not fine with it to lie and say we are. Perhaps when he lamps one of our players like he did to Steve Higgins, or gets an 18 game ban it'll be all OK because 'he's our manager and it's our club'.
Were we all OK with Dan McCauley because 'he's our chairman and its our club?'