Crawley Match Thread | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Crawley Match Thread

D

Doctor Crawley

moles40":2nb2toa0 said:
jerryatricjanner":2nb2toa0 said:
moles40":2nb2toa0 said:
2-0 for goodness sake Argyle.

Christ we have a long way to go before we can even be called a half decent league 2 side. :banghead: :mad: :doh:

You catch on quick, plus Crawley will probably win the league anyway.

A travesty when you compare the size of Crawley to Plymouth.
Size isnt everything fella :D

A

Arthur Seaton

Geez. It's not the size of the town/city but how much dosh they have in the bank.

A

agentgreen

Arthur Seaton":1urc8gc5 said:
Geez. It's not the size of the town/city but how much dosh they have in the bank.

Yep a great cup run resulting in a narrow 1-0 loss to Manchester United netted them £2million. Before the new owners took over they were nearly liquidated.

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
moles40":2721lhrk said:
jerryatricjanner":2721lhrk said:
moles40":2721lhrk said:
2-0 for goodness sake Argyle.

Christ we have a long way to go before we can even be called a half decent league 2 side. :banghead: :mad: :doh:

You catch on quick, plus Crawley will probably win the league anyway.

A travesty when you compare the size of Crawley to Plymouth.

They've got a decent airport too :whistle:

D

Doctor Crawley

Plymouth has twise the population of Crawley, so they should be twise as good as Crawley?

What was your theory when Blackburn won the first Premier League crown??? :shock:

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
agentgreen":3gaw7jwp said:
Arthur Seaton":3gaw7jwp said:

Yep a great cup run resulting in a narrow 1-0 loss to Manchester United netted them £2million. Before the new owners took over they were nearly liquidated.
What did we get when we got to the quarter finals of the FA cup? :think:

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
agentgreen":30hbvd0g said:
Arthur Seaton":30hbvd0g said:

Indeed. They have money today; th question is whether it's sustainable; I'd happily wager that they'll be out of the league before we are.

D

Doctor Crawley

Mark_Colling":3fzut9hn said:
agentgreen":3fzut9hn said:
Arthur Seaton":3fzut9hn said:

Indeed. They have money today; th question is whether it's sustainable; I'd happily wager that they'll be out of the league before we are.
I suspect you will be right in that assumption, but lets not wish bad things on anyone.

Apr 5, 2008
Mark_Colling":28q9d99k said:
agentgreen":28q9d99k said:
Arthur Seaton":28q9d99k said:

They will be unless their crowds improve.A team top of the league and average home crowd of 2957 :lol: :lol:

What an utter joke.How much longer will they be funded if crowds continue to be so utterly pathetic.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
No need to be bad losers. We weren't outplayed and they didn't cheat - they played the ref well but they had 3 or 4 players who were better than our 3-4 best players and 3 or 4 who were far better than our more mediocre ones. Good luck to them. They were friendly enough.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
Success is purely = money. Of course if moderate spending down in Lg 2 and 1 = success = bigger gates = money = attract better players = success. Sort of self sustaining until some idiot(s) allows the manager to spend ridiculous sums and offer ridiculous wages for no return.
When Holloman left we were just getting on the self sustaining wheel and doing well. We were the talk of the Championship. It's a bit like building a skyscraper. Half way up - all going well - then it collapses down to ground level where it started AND further because no one built foundations.
Whilst we should be pleased at the progress of JB intervention (albeit a bit late - thanks Gillfool) and thankful that we still figure on a Saturday afternoon we must not put on the green specs yet.
We need (almost) playoff form to be absolutely safe and whilst some fans are saying that it matters not which league we are in because we will support whatever (which we will) - it matters really!!

But we'll keep the faith as always and I will support until someone closes the lid on my box - and after probably!! :greensmile:

COYG

Not sure if you heard but there was a fire at Sid James Park overnight. Tiss raced down and asked the Chief Firefighter ''what about the silverware?'' The Chief said ''its OK sir the fire didn't reach the canteen'' :lol:

S

steve leake

Mark_Colling":147u56wn said:
agentgreen":147u56wn said:
Arthur Seaton":147u56wn said:

How much??? I would gladly accept your wager. Now , if you meant Crawley would be out of league 2 before Plymouth, you might just have a point.