Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle - the build up | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Crawley Town v Plymouth Argyle - the build up

Apr 9, 2011
A "soft" goal is like the one we conceded at Vale a real sucker punch just watch the "highlights" just one of several conceded so far this season

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
jerryatricjanner":3pkrljwh said:
Boarding a coach at 12.30pm to return at 3am to see the Greens at mighty Crawley. on a Tuesday night. "Am I going mad in my first week of retirement?", I ask myself. I'm hopeful of another performance like I witnessed at Crewe, we are due one, but recent results don't exactly fill me with confidence. Lowe has threatened to ring the changes so it will be interesting.

Hats off to you JJ. That’s commitment! Reckon there’ll be about 350 of you, although the London contingent will no doubt be there. Here’s hoping it’s all worthwhile and the team shut some of the doubters up - at least until Saturday!
:scarf:

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Any tips on parking from those who've gone before? I know there is a car park adjacent to the ground but footballgroundguide suggest this takes ages to clear - as is usual with such car parks.
TIA

Melbourne Mark

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Mar 1, 2006
Melbourne
Heading up on a train from East Devon now.

Bringing my 7 year old daughter to her first away game. One and only game she’s been to was the drubbing of Oldham in December 2017, here’s hoping for more of the same tonight :scarf: :scarf:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Frank_Butcher":9hc7dvye said:
Any tips on parking from those who've gone before? I know there is a car park adjacent to the ground but footballgroundguide suggest this takes ages to clear - as is usual with such car parks.
TIA

For the last few times I went there were some office buildings just off A23 who allowed fans to park, £5 I think, although that was for Saturday games.
See 'William Reed' buildings below....

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Excellent - thanks Postey.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Last time went on a Saturday we had lunch in the black Swan just off the M23 junction then left the car there and walked (30 mins) to the ground. Would be doable in the evening if you could get there early enough.

Jul 12, 2016
MarkinMelbourne":26hqzqjr said:
Heading up on a train from East Devon now.

Bringing my 7 year old daughter to her first away game. One and only game she’s been to was the drubbing of Oldham in December 2017, here’s hoping for more of the same tonight :scarf: :scarf:

Poor soul.Your daughter most have really misbehaved to get that sort of punishment!

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Sitting at work in Cardiff. Beautiful day and an evening made for football. You know when you have that feeling of being really up for a game? That. Sadly I’m not driving at this time through rush hour traffic 4 hours there and back so enjoy all of you that are there and hope we get the train back on the track

Sep 6, 2006
phil-thefluter24":2btv4ncm said:
A "soft" goal is like the one we conceded at Vale a real sucker punch just watch the "highlights" just one of several conceded so far this season

I thought it was quite a well worked free kick. Seen a lot worse at this level and even higher. Check the goal man.city conceded at Norwich. Now THAT was soft.

Oct 14, 2015
Heads up..trains from St Pancras to Crawley are screwed at the moment ...could be quick fix but certainly lengthy delay

Apr 9, 2011
So having watched it as i assume you have , you dont think our defence fell asleep & were in any way responsible? As they have been on several occassions!

Apr 9, 2011
Balham_Green":20w6lsg3 said:
phil-thefluter24":20w6lsg3 said:

I thought it was quite a well worked free kick. Seen a lot worse at this level and even higher. Check the goal man.city conceded at Norwich. Now THAT was soft.
So having watched the goal v Vale i assume you dont consider our defence fell asleep once again from a set piece :facepalm:

Sep 6, 2006
phil-thefluter24":3rxxhvfa said:
Balham_Green":3rxxhvfa said:
phil-thefluter24":3rxxhvfa said:

So having watched the goal v Vale i assume you dont consider our defence fell asleep once again from a set piece :facepalm:

Obviously they could have defended it better. But I dont think it was a 'soft' goal as such. 2 out of last 3 away games we havent scored. That is just as much a concern if not more.