Danny Mayor. | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Danny Mayor.

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
oldage":10l5ezkv said:
IJN":10l5ezkv said:
I disagree with that in do much Fadz has been wonderful in my opinion.
He is the best of them but in general the players Lowe brought with him are no great shake(r)s !

Fadz work rate is phenomenal definitely one of the best players Lowe has brought here on his showings todate.

Jul 12, 2016
Lowe in discussing George Cooper has referred to Mayor as "outstanding" .Blue eyed boy or what!

Jun 19, 2006
Somewhere or other
I've not read through the responses but I think he's frustrated with the quality around him. He's class but he needs to adapt to the team,

Probably didn't help that he was 'bigged up' so much the gaffer at the start of the season

Sep 19, 2015
Mayor has bundles of natural ability and nearly everything good we do going forward goes through him. I can only imagine that he is seriously lacking confidence in the finishing department though and his decision making in the final third backs this up. I still have the upmost confidence that Mayor will influence games alot more come the second half of the season, without him the chances of us challenging are almost nil.

Jul 12, 2016
PlymouthCasual":37fet848 said:
Mayor has bundles of natural ability and nearly everything good we do going forward goes through him. I can only imagine that he is seriously lacking confidence in the finishing department though and his decision making in the final third backs this up. I still have the upmost confidence that Mayor will influence games alot more come the second half of the season, without him the chances of us challenging are almost nil.
At present I think Cooper would do a better job.

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
From the start of the season I have thought that Mayor , who has a manager who thinks the sun shines out of his arris is simply going through the motions until he is able to return up north somewhere.Enjoy him while we can .

Jun 27, 2019
gaspargomez":2eavgs2d said:
I'm not a football expert- but it looks to me like yesterday's goal might have been Mayor's fault. Mind you, he's not there to defend.

I think Cooper needs to be in the team. Hopefully there is a a way of getting Mayor into the same formation.

Lowe was plain stupid by publicly saying that Mayor is better than Carey. It's a bit disrespectful to Carey and it puts Mayor under unnecessary pressure. I wonder whether Lowe had even seen Carey play before he said that ?

He had seen him play and had actually shared a pitch with him.

If we still had one of Carey or Lameiras then we'd be in a darn sight better position than we are. Either of them would be the best player in this crap league by a country mile.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
PlymouthCasual":35ehecxh said:
Agreed. It’s quite frustrating seeing a player as obviously talented as DM not properly using that talent – and it’s not thru’ lack of effort either I think. I can’t quite put my finger on it – I keep expecting him to really catch fire and show us what he can do ….but the season is ticking on now. It must be a confidence thing, or tactics, or not quite settled and happy - something I’m not sure. He could/ should be dominating games. Quite why he doesn’t shoot more, quite why he starts a run then drifts out wide or passes wide instead of really driving into the box is baffling. This is a challenge for Ryan Lowe to sort out – he knows him better than anyone – he’s got a Ferrari on his hands but at the moment it’s only in third gear which is still better than the other minis around - but a shocking waste of potential nonetheless.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Space.

When he has some he gets his head up and runs. Most of the time other players aren’t creating space for themselves so he ends up running into dead ends and being easily double tagged by opposition.

He should be a foil for other players to create more space and open up areas for attacking play.

He can then do his runs with end product having players to assist him.

The problem is only having one player who is capable and willing to move with trickery is once he’s contained then we go limp as a team.

The sooner RL drops the second striker the better. We need Mayor between the lone striker and the midfield linking play and allowing the wingbacks to exploit space down the wings once we play more centrally

Aug 11, 2013
Went missing again at Cheltenham. Seems lost without Mcfadzean?

Thought when our results improved and the confidence in squad grew that he’d rediscover his form but still seems way way off the pace. Doesn’t even look average ....

Aug 22, 2006
I believe it's a confidence thing along with possibly another reason. Just try and stick by him. I know we haven't always seen it but he's a quality player who tries his hardest but sometimes football is about other factors, on and off the pitch.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
It doesn’t help Mayors game at all when he is competing for space with Cooper. The sooner Fadz comes back, the better. They know each other’s game so well and I certainly don’t think Cooper is as good as some on here think. I like him, but his crossing and shooting are wayward to say the least. No way should we even think of paying a fee for him. Any cash we are prepared to spend needs to go on a proven striker.

The other reason Mayor runs down cul de sacs is the absolute dearth of movement from the strikers. The only one who generally gives an outlet is Telford with his pace, but even he can’t finish. Rudden and Grant are not the answer, despite the former getting his name on the scoresheet yesterday. I was there and it has confirmed what we have seen at HP this season. He is extremely raw and there may be a footballer in there, but it won’t be for us to bring it out in him this season. Grant appears to have given up and his body language and effort were very poor. It seems his five goals earlier in the season flattered to deceive and I wonder if he will be off in January.

Somebody on here said there was a rumour in Mansfield that Maynard might be coming down here. I feel that if we are looking at anybody up there it will be Rose. Much younger, bags of pace, good in the air for a little un and unlike Telford, he can finish. So let’s stop blaming Mayor because we can’t judge him until such time as he has players in front of him to give him options, although I do agree that he should shoot more often himself. Mayor needs a bit of love from the fans I think. Knowing our lot, when he does start to turn it on, they will sing that 'used to be shyte' ditty currently used to motivate Wootton. Totally embarrassing.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
I had a feeling in my bones that Mayor would turn in a blinder yesterday. I was wrong. Don’t trust feelings in your bones. Unless you think you may have arthritis.