Danny Mayor. | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Danny Mayor.

Apr 4, 2015
plymouthboyuk":3q95y43f said:
What a load of tosh being said on here. Danny Mayor told a Senior Greens meeting recently, how much he, and his family are loving it down here. He has even moved his family down here. I just wish Some posters would stick to facts, and not make things up.

as if he's going to say anything else fgs

Mar 18, 2014
Can't you all f@ck off with this "return of Carey" b@ll@x.............he was crap for most of the last two seasons. Good riddance to him, his missus wouldn't let him back anyway.

Last sentence removed. It’s the wrong site for that type of rubbish

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Biggs":2z7ih2rv said:
No, no, and no again to the above suggestion. My tuppence worth as follows...

1) he may not have set the world alight, but if he hadn’t arrived with such fanfare I think we’d be relatively happy as he’s consistently putting in 7/10 performances and being a big part of a team that is doing very well and getting better. He’s still a free transfer signing in League 2, ultimately.

2) even when he isn’t playing well, he’s creating space for others by being double marked as the League 2 player of the year.

3) I don’t see any indication that he’s not happy, if you watch goal celebrations and final whistles he always seems the MOST happy and passionate.

Totally agree. Because other teams rate him they mark him closely which gives space to our other players. Still a very good player in my book.

Jun 27, 2019
Danny Mayor is the best footballer in our squad, and even though he hasn't lived up to expectations he's still an asset that any club in our league would love to have.

There was a moment late on at Cheltenham when he picked the ball up in the left-back area, but instead of just booting it down the pitch like pretty much all of his teammates were doing at that stage of the match, he dribbled between two Cheltenham players and played a simple pass into midfield.

It isn't always about goals and assists.

Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
WoodsyGreen":1iflc80h said:
Danny Mayor is the best footballer in our squad, and even though he hasn't lived up to expectations he's still an asset that any club in our league would love to have.

There was a moment late on at Cheltenham when he picked the ball up in the left-back area, but instead of just booting it down the pitch like pretty much all of his teammates were doing at that stage of the match, he dribbled between two Cheltenham players and played a simple pass into midfield.

It isn't always about goals and assists.

Finally a sensible post.
The lad has superb close control and has got us going forwards from dodgy looking positions many times.
He's lacking a bit of confidence to shoot which Lowe even said during a podcast, but janners love getting on the backs of good players... Was a bit the same with Rueben Reid who banged in goal after goal but was constantly moaned about by people sat in and around where I was watching from.
Funnily enough when he sat up in the stand injured one game the same people were reluctant to tell him how crap they thought he was

Apr 29, 2016
Against Salford, early in the season, who didn’t double up against him he was excellent and at times unplayable. Since then he’s had two if not three players on him. That releases room for others to play. My criticism is that he tends to move to the right but against Rovers George Cooper overlapped on his left and then they created other issues. Needs a bit of time to settle more and no doubt he is also a confidence player like so many similar players are.

Oct 31, 2015
Danny M has started to impress me over the last few months. His ball control is superb and his work rate in midfield is really quite good. 3 players marking him gives soo much space to Sarcs which I think is partly why he is the player of the season so far.

I do wish Danny M wouldn't keep cutting out towards Fadz all the time but that has changed a bit with Coops coming in.

Also he needs to get a goal but I suspect his assist record is quite good ( someone on here will know)

For me Mayor is not Carey and I think I was expecting a direct replacement. They are a different type of player. Saying that he is a very good player who will be pivotal in the battle to go up. :scarf:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I don’t understand some of the negativity around Mayor. Of course, he hasn’t lit up HP with his performances (yet) but there has been plenty of evidence of what he can offer. As well as people who moan on here about him, there are a growing number at the games who are doing it, particularly at home. In the Lyndhurst where I sit, you wouldn’t believe how many times you hear comments like, 'bloody rubbish Mayor. Get him off'. It depresses me to hear it, just as it depressed me earlier in the season when we were booed at home by a minority of our own fans. It might help if the likes of the Devonport End started chanting his name and one or two others, instead of the incessant Ryan Lowe song. I always wonder how it feels for instance, if say McFadzean scores and the crowd immediately start singing Ryan Ryan Ryan Lowe. Bloody disappointing I would say, although I guess fitting the name McFadzean into a song isn’t easy!! And by the way, I’m a big Ryan Lowe fan. :banghead:

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
As he’s sooooo right footed, when he get’s to the byline he always cuts back onto his right foot and gives the defence time to get into position. It’s too predictable. I’d like him to occasionally swap to the right and get some crosses in from the byline, which swing away from the keeper. That would mix it up a bit.

Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Assist for the winner?
Kn0b heads all round the ground giving him the bird today cos its the 'in thing'. Even when other players play terrible passes he can't get to its apparently his fault. Fat heads
Well done Danny Mayor today, playing against 11 opposition and a bunch of no mark lard arse janners