Dawson | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Dawson

Mar 9, 2009
Greenskin":wvo52qwd said:
Peverell Pete":wvo52qwd said:
Greenskin":wvo52qwd said:
Peverell Pete":wvo52qwd said:
IJN":wvo52qwd said:
Mario":wvo52qwd said:
Tavypilgrim":wvo52qwd said:
He won't touch football with a barge pole, he's far too sensible. Football club ownership is a mugs game.

Tell that to Phil Gill :wink:

:appl:

Although Phil made more out of his shares than anyone else, Foot, Jones, Warren and Lenzner all made a profit too. I am not having a go about that - it's just how we have gone from being a business that was profitable and successful enough to allow it's shareholders to sell for a profit to this so quickly is just incredible.

How exactly did Foot,Jones and Warren make a profit? I thought they had resigned from the board a long time before the advent of Kagami/New world.Are you saying that the aforementioned kept their shares [which is perfectly possible] but sold them to Kagami/Todd/Gardner at a later date?

Foot and Jones sold their shares to Wrathall and Lenzner. Warren and Lenzner would have sold theirs back to the other board members.

But would Foot,Warren and Jones shares have been anywhere near as valuable before the purchase of the freehold and revaluation of the club,presuming they were sold before that time?

They wouldn't have had the value of Gill's - but a very nice return on their original investment

Jun 24, 2008
Yorkshire
yes the money he made did him a lot of good didnt it Micheal Foot I mean

I think talking of the dead like this is un called for

Micheal Foot loved that club and was probally a reluctant investor at a time of need

If he made any money out of it than that was his good luck but I am sure it was not his sole intention but just to help out a fledgling board at a time of need

If I had any money I would be prepared to help out in this way and if I made anything along the way it would be a bonus but certainly not my motivation for investing in the first place

Oct 21, 2005
plymouth
Chris Dawson definately wont be investing in any shape or form with Argyle. This came from a very close relative of his who confirmed that he had been approached, begrudgingly looked at the books and virtually laughed it off as a complete no go !

G

Green Goblin

Anyone who is considering a possible investment and base this on how the club has been run in recent years would probably be terrified.

But I guess that Dawson also took other things into consideration.

Regardless, there has never felt likely that he would be genuinely interested.

T

Tim Chown

Greenskin":2ai91w6i said:
But would Foot,Warren and Jones shares have been anywhere near as valuable before the purchase of the freehold and revaluation of the club,presuming they were sold before that time?

I recall when they sold their shares the club was valued at £3m.

What price now!

mines a smooth":1qfv5grb said:
i wonder if he is anything to do with the plymouth consortium interested in making an offer

Nope. Wouldn't be surprised if the guy from london and westcountry securities is though. Faraday mill, sugar mill etc. He offered our current board 750k for a place 18 months ago and was told to fig off.

Feb 25, 2008
Crownhill
mrrapson":18y937jk said:
mines a smooth":18y937jk said:
i wonder if he is anything to do with the plymouth consortium interested in making an offer

Nope. Wouldn't be surprised if the guy from london and westcountry securities is though. Faraday mill, sugar mill etc. He offered our current board 750k for a place 18 months ago and was told to fig off.

And who occupies two large premises on each site - Chris Dawson -aka The Range and the old MFI building. Interesting! :?

Jun 1, 2004
Perth, WA
I cant see any businessman/consortium let alone a local one, wanting to take the club on until we eneter administration. Even then I think it will be too little too late, with the Stapleton and Ridsdale ready to pounce

A

argyledj

mrrapson":zzmg48xs said:
mines a smooth":zzmg48xs said:

im sure i read somewhere that he also owns the second largest holding in sutton harbour who's largest shareholder is dan mccauley.