Derek Adams and Kevin Ellison today | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Derek Adams and Kevin Ellison today

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Koala Green":2bd3ucru said:
It is interesting to see what a turnaround job has done at Morecambe and you would assume he is motivating his players. But clearly how he treated a senior pro like Ellison seems wrong.

But can anyone in the know share what it is about Adam’s management style that so divides the players? It was clear he lost the Argyle dressing room but anyone know why?

He's a decent man but perhaps his problem is that he expects the very highest of standards and if people fall below that line he has difficulty in dealing with that.

We're all complex in our own ways and DA is certainly a complex character. I like the man, always did, but certainly it seems that some of our players turned against him. No one who attended the Stanley match at Accrington can have any doubt about that.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Knibbsworth":1ew1y2f5 said:
PlymOdi":1ew1y2f5 said:
Adams and poor man management skills.

Name a better duo.

Derek Adams and overachieving with small budgets?

I don’t get the ill feeling from posters on here. He bought some quality players here who I loved watching. He dedicated himself to the club, got us promoted and then it went wrong as it does for EVERY manager. There really is no need for people to still be upset by him.

He’s a very good manager as he is proving again at Morecambe.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
I liked Derek and I’m really pleased he is doing so well at Morecambe it’s an astonishing turn around for them which if Ellison is honest and has the club at heart rather than his own ego is solely down to Adams.

Derek clearly though has a lot to learn about man management which is clearly his Achilles heel and is something which will surely be a bit of a red flag to a chairman.

May 8, 2011
Larry David":2flduvfn said:
I liked Derek and I’m really pleased he is doing so well at Morecambe it’s an astonishing turn around for them which if Ellison is honest and has the club at heart rather than his own ego is solely down to Adams.

Derek clearly though has a lot to learn about man management which is clearly his Achilles heel and is something which will surely be a bit of a red flag to a chairman.

His Achilles heel was loyalty, he would remain loyal to people and organisations even when it is ultimately detrimental to him as happened at Argyle. I think he has now learnt his lesson on that issue.

Obviously quite a few players like his man management as they follow him from Club to Club, currently 5 at Morecambe and he got a good reception from his former players when he returned last year, they genuinely seem pleased to chat with him.

Based on what has been written on Pasoti in the past a few people would be surprised by some of his former players who still keep in regular contact with him as apparently he fell out with them or ‘lost them’.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
HC Green":cwqv3cea said:
Larry David":cwqv3cea said:

His Achilles heel was loyalty, he would remain loyal to people and organisations even when it is ultimately detrimental to him as happened at Argyle. I think he has now learnt his lesson on that issue.

Obviously quite a few players like his man management as they follow him from Club to Club, currently 5 at Morecambe and he got a good reception from his former players when he returned last year, they genuinely seem pleased to chat with him.

Based on what has been written on Pasoti in the past a few people would be surprised by some of his former players who still keep in regular contact with him as apparently he fell out with them or ‘lost them’.

Does Sean Higgins stay in touch with him?
"I have never seen a manager hit a player before. I don’t know how I can play for him now — would it happen again if I was to speak up another time?"

Does Kevin Luckassen stay in touch with him?
“One time he exploded at me for putting tape on my fingers and almost flew at me."

How about Marc Klock?
“I don’t think I’ve ever met such terrible people in football as Derek and George Adams. It was impossible to have a normal conversation with them"

Is Robert Te Loeke still in touch with him?

Reckon Kevin Ellison will send him a birthday card?

His achilles heel was loyalty, shhhuuurre, ooohhkkay

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Ironically we dubbed him 'The Scottish Mourinho' when he arrived, as thats exaxtly what he is - a lower league version of course. Absolutely brilliant for 3 seasons or so, but meanwhile annoying more and more people before a calamitous season where it all goes pear-shaped.

Once again, the job he's done at Morecambe so far is outstanding - if he gets them up, even more outstanding. But it will most likely end in tears in a few years' time.

In terms of getting the most out of a squad he has (pre-meltdown), relative to level i dont think we've had anyone better.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Inevitably in disputes of this nature there are three versions. Adams will have his, Ellison will have his and somewhere in the middle will be the truth. Similarly, each of us can pick people and events to support our view of him and ignore viewpoints that detract from our view.

Mar 18, 2014
UTL your list of players really doesn't hold up.

all the Dutch guys didn't like being shouted at!!! WTF, football manager bawling when team plays crap, hardly a novelty.

And poor Sean Higgins, allegedly punched "but left no marks." If Adams had actually assaulted him the police would have been involved.

You dislike Adams, great, but you are not scraping the barrel with your examples, you've gone through the bottom of it. The Ross County fans warned us all he was Marmite.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Vampires11":x37u0m9f said:
UTL your list of players really doesn't hold up.

all the Dutch guys didn't like being shouted at!!! WTF, football manager bawling when team plays crap, hardly a novelty.

And poor Sean Higgins, allegedly punched "but left no marks." If Adams had actually assaulted him the police would have been involved.

You dislike Adams, great, but you are not scraping the barrel with your examples, you've gone through the bottom of it. The Ross County fans warned us all he was Marmite.

It's a running theme throughout his career.
But of course it's the players making it up, not Derek.
They've all got an agenda against him obviously. Sean Higgins is lying? Why?
The ex players like Jamie Hammill and now Kevin Ellison who have been so inclined to take leave if their senses when they score against his team...they've all got it in for Derek.
The Scottish FA who gave him an 18 match ban for abusing a referee...it's all made up?!
It's a conspiracy!!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Derek who?

Jeeez

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Kevin Ellison nearly 700 league games. Nearly 140 league goals. Still fit and playing at 42. Appointed Mental Health Ambassador at Newport?

You take that man after 352 games and 81 goals for the club you take over and you humiliate him (well try to), make him play with the kids? Drive him out?

Shame on you. In any other profession as a Manager you'd be facing a Tribunal for that. :facepalm:

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
jespafc":26ppgsuu said:
Interesting howuever that a number of players have regularly re-signed for clubs when Adams has come calling.

He does seem to have a number of 'yes sir, no sir' people who will follow behind him unstintingly.