Derek Adams and Kevin Ellison today | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Derek Adams and Kevin Ellison today

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Ellison's always been a gobby clown. I'm pleased Derek didn't react and stoop to his level.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Keepitgreen":1f2eznd6 said:
Ellison's always been a gobby clown. I'm pleased Derek didn't react and stoop to his level.

Yeah cos St V Neck has never gobbed off about anything has he, or been banned from the touchline?
Kevin Ellison is now my favourite League 2 player, 42 years old and still going despite some dour control freak trying to humiliate him.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Daz":yww2bceu said:
Knibbsworth":yww2bceu said:
PlymOdi":yww2bceu said:
Adams and poor man management skills.

Name a better duo.

Derek Adams and overachieving with small budgets?

I don’t get the ill feeling from posters on here. He bought some quality players here who I loved watching. He dedicated himself to the club, got us promoted and then it went wrong as it does for EVERY manager. There really is no need for people to still be upset by him.

He’s a very good manager as he is proving again at Morecambe.

Being aware of a managers flaws does not equal ill feeling towards him. We saw the positive in him, and the negative, just as we were warned by RC fans. I expect Morecambe will have the same feeling eventually.

May 16, 2016
Clash of egos. Manager probably didn't need a contradictory senior pro (with a 'big' personality) undermining his dressing room plans, especially one that it appears was in charge for a short period and might have been reluctant to accept he had to step aside and didn't feature in the new managers set up.

Footballs like that.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
up_the_line":3nso42w3 said:
jespafc":3nso42w3 said:
Interesting howuever that a number of players have regularly re-signed for clubs when Adams has come calling.

He does seem to have a number of 'yes sir, no sir' people who will follow behind him unstintingly.

Ah I see, that must be it, yes.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Maybe, his treatment of Ellison was caused by his experiences at Ross County and Argyle. He may have thought that Ellison was too influential at Morecambe and was not conducive to creating a good team spirit. Perhaps, Ellison had aspirations of becoming manager before DA arrived.
He seems to be doing something right as, currently, they are 7th in League 2.

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
I am not sure what Adams was supposed to do....

Shout back? Chin him?

As ever we only seem to get one side of such stories ....history being written by the victors and all that....

At the end of the day Morecambe could help keep City down in the dumps so I would think this the only relevance of the result to us here...

I am more concerned we pull out of nosedive 2 before we start comparing DA's second season with RL's.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
pafcprogs":zrvt3xr3 said:
I am not sure what Adams was supposed to do....

Shout back? Chin him?

As ever we only seem to get one side of such stories ....history being written by the victors and all that....

At the end of the day Morecambe could help keep City down in the dumps so I would think this the only relevance of the result to us here...

I am more concerned we pull out of nosedive 2 before we start comparing DA's second season with RL's.

On the proviso we stay up, I'd actually prefer the Chinos to come up than V Neck. We have a wrong to right against the Chinos. Might you trouncing either of them would be nice.