Derek Adams at Senior Greens | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Derek Adams at Senior Greens

May 1, 2011
Yet the so called budget restrictions are mentioned yet again.....5th from bottom with the 5th worst budget. That is a coincidence.

May 1, 2011
And still totally unfounded. The Chairmans of every league club will not divulge how much money they made available to their managers for transfers or wages so let's stop quoting it as fact, it's Adams covering himself.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Bristol Rich":3cyp2d63 said:
And still totally unfounded. The Chairmans of every league club will not divulge how much money they made available to their managers for transfers or wages so let's stop quoting it as fact, it's Adams covering himself.

I can remember standing in the away end at Bristol Rovers a few years ago and someone asked me if I knew Bristol Rich. I said ā€˜noā€™. :greensmile:

May 1, 2011
IJN":3nye481z said:
Bristol Rich":3nye481z said:

I can remember standing in the away end at Bristol Rovers a few years ago and someone asked me if I knew Bristol Rich. I said ā€˜noā€™. :greensmile:

However you are the bloke who accused me of thinking I was clever by moving away. Still not worked that one out so I can't be that clever.

You're a Grandad now, try acting like grown up Ian there's a good chap.

cheshiregreen

āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
If we can revert to football and pause the point scoring between people. :roll:

I have read now that players and management will have salaries cuts if we go down and then read they don't.

Can an attendee of the meeting confirm?

Just to be clear, if you weren't there I don't want your opinion- thanks.

Voice of Reason

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 30, 2004
Bristol clubs have to show the efl full accounts. They have to show fees paid, salaries etc etc. This allows the EFL to regulate the percentages permitted for wages etc. As you will no doubt know Birmingham recently fell foul of this.

It's hardly wild speculation to work out the EFL known each clubs income and expenditure. So I'm not sure why you would dispute this.

This is where you let yourself down. DA is not your cup of tea. You don't like him or his methods - we all get it. But attending supporters meetings and answering questions at what is a very turbulent time is a decent thing to do. By the sounds of things he has answered honestly. That shouldn't be frowned upon even if you don't like the answers.

Jul 12, 2016
davie nine":1ehg321w said:
Ruben Lameiras received his Senior Greens Player of the Season award and thanked us. On behalf the team he assured us that they would all be fully committed to the next 2 games.
ā€˜Key playersā€™ doubtful are Letheren and Ladapo. No point in concealing when it was revealed to 200+ Senior Greens.
DA accepts full responsibility for playing matters this season and for the previous 3 seasons. He encouraged members to ask questions by saying ā€œCome on, give it a goā€ when there was a brief pause in questioning.
Our playing budget was 5th lowest in our league last season per EFL. Current season not known yet.
Admitted that defence has not been compact enough and was particularly disappointed with conceding late goals recently against Bristol Rovers and Blackpool.
Also, concerned that, apart from Ladapo, Lameiras and Carey other midfielders had not contributed with goals. Joel Grantā€™s injury was a major blow as he was having a good season.
He explained attempts to resolve problems with Herald before the ban was decided necessary.
Following this meeting, I am not changing my pro Adams stance. I assume that MGM, rsp4 and oldage were not there to ask questions as I am sure that he would have been prepared to answer their questions frankly.
I wasn't at the meeting but as per my earlier post I am not surprised you were like a "rabbit in headlights". Adams is articulate and can hold an audience by stating the obvious

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
cheshiregreen":2m54imf7 said:
If we can revert to football and pause the point scoring between people. :roll:

I have read now that players and management will have salaries cuts if we go down and then read they don't.

Can an attendee of the meeting confirm?

Just to be clear, if you weren't there I don't want your opinion- thanks.
You have already heard that DA said that ā€™they doā€™ from HC Green and myself (we both attended).
Who said ā€˜they donā€™tā€™?

You asked for the update and we gave it to you.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Haters going to hate no matter what was said.

Thanks to everyone who summarised. Glad to hear theres a pay penalty for relegation, however I would query whether those facing the cuts are the regular team (fair few out of contract this summer so may not care).

Glad to hear the final position on the budget in comparison, hopefully it'll kill the argument about attendances.

Would love to know the tactics conversation if anyone's confident in their recollection

Aug 5, 2015
I can understand that people dislike Adams thatā€™s their prerogative. What I donā€™t understand is the constant sniping by some people reacting to accounts kindly given by those who could be bothered to attend. I suppose if someone reported that Adams talked a lot of crap as usual that would have been ok.

May 1, 2011
Kentishgreen":1hvdew0o said:
I can understand that people dislike Adams thatā€™s their prerogative. What I donā€™t understand is the constant sniping by some people reacting to accounts kindly given by those who could be bothered to attend. I suppose if someone reported that Adams talked a lot of crap as usual that would have been ok.

I don't think it's that we can't be bothered to attend, I think it's more that we are at work during the time of the meeting.

It's also our prerogative to be cynical of what the manager says and question why it's so readily believed. For example the budget debate has not been put to bed. I'm not having a go at people for reporting what Adam's said, as you say it's good if them to tell us, I'm questioning why it's so easily believed.

It's very similar to being cynical of a politician, they may be clever, articulate or even witty. It's doesn't necessarily mean they are telling the truth.