Derek Adams at Senior Greens | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Derek Adams at Senior Greens

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
davie nine":33831eha said:
cheshiregreen":33831eha said:
If we can revert to football and pause the point scoring between people. :roll:

I have read now that players and management will have salaries cuts if we go down and then read they don't.

Can an attendee of the meeting confirm?

Just to be clear, if you weren't there I don't want your opinion- thanks.
You have already heard that DA said that ’they do’ from HC Green and myself (we both attended).
Who said ‘they don’t’?

You asked for the update and we gave it to you.

Sorry. I have now re-read Guiri Green's post and recognise he was being ironic.

Thanks anyway.

Dec 17, 2005
Plymouth
What I will say about Derek Adams is that his public persona, is totally different to what you see at meetings like Senior Greens. He invited questions, cracked the odd joke, and was overwhelmingly appreciated by those present. I think it fair to say, many Managers in Argyles predicament, would have made an excuse not to appear. No matter what he does, those who dislike him will never change. I went to the meeting with a friend who was not a great fan of Derek Adams, and he said to me after the meeting, “ I have a totally different opinion about Derek Adams after today”. It’s a pity some of his very vocal distractors were not there today.

May 16, 2016
cheshiregreen":23mknoua said:
davie nine":23mknoua said:
cheshiregreen":23mknoua said:
If we can revert to football and pause the point scoring between people. :roll:

I have read now that players and management will have salaries cuts if we go down and then read they don't.

Can an attendee of the meeting confirm?

Just to be clear, if you weren't there I don't want your opinion- thanks.
You have already heard that DA said that ’they do’ from HC Green and myself (we both attended).
Who said ‘they don’t’?

You asked for the update and we gave it to you.

Sorry. I have now re-read Guiri Green's post and recognise he was being ironic.

Thanks anyway.

I was questioning the logic in why DA would apparently spin the facts towards the negative yet be accused of the opposite !

I think a post has been deleted somewhere.

Site Admin - We have been thinning out some quoting threads, perhaps we may have nipped one off. Apologies.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
plymouthboyuk":afmbge34 said:
What I will say about Derek Adams is that his public persona, is totally different to what you see at meetings like Senior Greens. He invited questions, cracked the odd joke, and was overwhelmingly appreciated by those present. I think it fair to say, many Managers in Argyles predicament, would have made an excuse not to appear. No matter what he does, those who dislike him will never change. I went to the meeting with a friend who was not a great fan of Derek Adams, and he said to me after the meeting, “ I have a totally different opinion about Derek Adams after today”. It’s a pity some of his very vocal distractors were not there today.

Most that meet Derek on a face to face basis say the same.

It's been said so often it's boring, but I think it's worth repeating. It IS so easy to to be nasty behind a keyboard.

Mar 14, 2009
davie nine":317h0fpk said:
Ruben Lameiras received his Senior Greens Player of the Season award and thanked us. On behalf the team he assured us that they would all be fully committed to the next 2 games.
‘Key players’ doubtful are Letheren and Ladapo. No point in concealing when it was revealed to 200+ Senior Greens.
DA accepts full responsibility for playing matters this season and for the previous 3 seasons. He encouraged members to ask questions by saying “Come on, give it a go” when there was a brief pause in questioning.
Our playing budget was 5th lowest in our league last season per EFL. Current season not known yet.
Admitted that defence has not been compact enough and was particularly disappointed with conceding late goals recently against Bristol Rovers and Blackpool.
Also, concerned that, apart from Ladapo, Lameiras and Carey other midfielders had not contributed with goals. Joel Grant’s injury was a major blow as he was having a good season.
He explained attempts to resolve problems with Herald before the ban was decided necessary.
Following this meeting, I am not changing my pro Adams stance. I assume that MGM, rsp4 and oldage were not there to ask questions as I am sure that he would have been prepared to answer their questions frankly.

The way this thread has turned out proves it is right not to go.

You went there and enjoyed it. You liked what he said. Why would l go to change a “positive” atmosphere for you, and l dare say many others that were there at the meeting.

I’m afraid l have listened to him over and over again. What you have to remember Davie is that for me the game and style Adams talks about isn’t the football l witness.

I’m afraid to me all he telling people is excuses. For example, at the end of last season we were one of the lowest goal scoring teams away from home. We knew Ness, Fox and Sarcevic didn’t contribute enough goals over a year ago. Today he is telling you there aren’t enough goals coming from midfield. Well ....sorry...but ya Duh!!! A year one that midfield, if it’s injury free is still our first choice along with Songo’o. 12 months on and now he is telling people it’s an issue. Surely, this performance/statistical bloke Adams has was pointing this out last season.

That’s just one issue. There are so many more.

Does any remember Holloway era. Brilliant talker. Green blood...and all that nonsense. ...as a fan base we loved him. It was just words. He left when a better opportunity came along. Holloway and Adams are educated, bright people. When they talk it’s bound to sound good. However, as l learnt with Holloway it’s just sound bites.

Actions speak louder than words.

So l judge Adams not what he says, but what l see on the pitch. And what l see on the pitch isn’t good. At least Holloway could back up his fancy talk by his team performing on the pitch.

Glad you think he is the right bloke but for me if we end up in league 2 l think that’s the only FACT that’s points to Adams, Wotton and Nancekivell being the wrong people to take Argyle forward. It will be four years wasted.

Mar 8, 2016
Fair play to Derek Adams for doing this meeting. Cheers for the posts for those that attended. Interesting reading. Was there any mention of player contracts? Can’t see any of our better players staying if our budget is that low.

Apr 30, 2017
The thing that really irritates me about Oldage, amongst others, is how he criticises Derek whatever he does. Derek talks openly to a group, you respond by saying “Adams… can hold an audience by stating the obvious”. Derek doesn’t talk openly, and you vent anger, for being cagey and not open, towards him unnecessarily. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t.
I once met Adams in town, he was just walking around. He stopped and chatted to a few fans, and I stopped and had a chat. The chat continued, and he offered to buy me a coffee and continue our chat. 20 mins later, we shook hands and went our separate ways.
My point is, how Derek articulates himself, out of a football environment, is completely different to that, in the football environment. I bet football is horrid and unforgiving, and he is understandably fed up when he is constantly berated. He is human, like myself and probably like Oldage.
I am probably not his biggest fan, but I have every intention of supporting the team and him, until he departs this football club.

Jun 2, 2016
It's not personal. He may be a nice chap (bit strange he fails to acknowledge fans after games but hey ho)
It's all about what happens on the pitch. Boring style, no improvement in passing, no ability to influence games with tactics or subs, poor recruitment, very poor results..

Don't care what he said. Politely ask him to leave in 2 weeks, whatever the outcome.

Sep 6, 2006
Pilgrim28":31wxtmpk said:
The thing that really irritates me about Oldage, amongst others, is how he criticises Derek whatever he does. Derek talks openly to a group, you respond by saying “Adams… can hold an audience by stating the obvious”. Derek doesn’t talk openly, and you vent anger, for being cagey and not open, towards him unnecessarily. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t.
I once met Adams in town, he was just walking around. He stopped and chatted to a few fans, and I stopped and had a chat. The chat continued, and he offered to buy me a coffee and continue our chat. 20 mins later, we shook hands and went our separate ways.
My point is, how Derek articulates himself, out of a football environment, is completely different to that, in the football environment. I bet football is horrid and unforgiving, and he is understandably fed up when he is constantly berated. He is human, like myself and probably like Oldage.
I am probably not his biggest fan, but I have every intention of supporting the team and him, until he departs this football club.

Again there is the suggestion that the anti Adams brigade DONT support the team. And re the earlier point stating the obvious is NOT talking openly.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
plymouthboyuk":1qc0fe0i said:

I have no doubt this is true. But it’s not a personality contest. It’s the fact we are staring into the abyss after an appalling season that makes people detractors. People can cope with a chippy public persona when we are winning. They may even welcome it. But when we are so, so poor. Well it just seems petulant. Which begs the question, if he can be much more diplomatic, open, likeable and relaxed, why does he not show that side more often publically? Why does he appear to be so defensive when, at the moment, he really needs to build goodwill. It’s a problem of his own making. He could do with some help in that regard, and maybe the club should be providing it if they, as many suspect, have no intention of sacking him.

May 1, 2011
Kentishgreen":37a43q3o said:
I give up. Thank God we have our own investigative fans. Where would we be without them

Staring at relegation to the basement league after a really poor season perhaps?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Bristol Rich":1b5duvdg said:
And still totally unfounded. The Chairmans of every league club will not divulge how much money they made available to their managers for transfers or wages so let's stop quoting it as fact, it's Adams covering himself.

Didn’t someone say the data is circulated at the end of a season - you just hear what you want to hear. We get it you want Adams to go. Some of us just want to hear information.. without spin from you.

May 1, 2011
JannerinCardiff":1al1opwx said:
Bristol Rich":1al1opwx said:
And still totally unfounded. The Chairmans of every league club will not divulge how much money they made available to their managers for transfers or wages so let's stop quoting it as fact, it's Adams covering himself.

Didn’t someone say the data is circulated at the end of a season - you just hear what you want to hear. We get it you want Adams to go. Some of us just want to hear information.. without spin from you.

When 'information' is supplied you have to question it. You want Adams to stay, we get that as well. So your spin is just as prevalent, it's just arguing a different viewpoint.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Balham_Green":34knpxb7 said:
Pilgrim28":34knpxb7 said:

Again there is the suggestion that the anti Adams brigade DONT support the team. And re the earlier point stating the obvious is NOT talking openly.
Several on here have stated that they've stopped going because of Derek Adams, some have said they won't renew their season ticket unless Derek goes. That's not supporting the team/club. Oldage is renewing and he hates Adams, so it can be done..