Diagouraga (signs 18 month deal with Fleetwood - confirmed) | Page 31 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Diagouraga (signs 18 month deal with Fleetwood - confirmed)

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Tugboat":34l7331c said:
vibratingspider":34l7331c said:
Army green":34l7331c said:
Stuart House":34l7331c said:
Tugboat":34l7331c said:
Seriously get a grip.

Couple of extra thousand a week and live near my family ..... oh no wait they clapped a lot at my last game :facepalm:

Haha so funny and very cringeworthy. To be fair though these guys just want what's best for the team they support so passionately. Just unfortunately chanting his name and blowing smoke up his arse isn't going to help in this situation, he's fully aware the fans rate him, he obviously likes playing for argyle but money and family circumstances will always win, and rightly so.
God, you lot are still as condescending, pessimistic and miserable as ever.

Besides, fan power worked pretty well with Buzsaky so you never know! :scarf:
I want him to stay as much as the next guy but the fact of the matter is his decision will be made on more pressing factors like family, money, contract etc. He knows heā€™s appreciated here without the need of some pre-mediated ritual dance and smoke display associated with honouring kings and queens.

Give him time and let it materialise. If he stays fantastic, If he goes we move on.
I think (and this is massively off topic) the major problem with this forum is the way people talk to each other. There are ways of communicating to each other and making strong, fair, valid points without resulting to patronising and condescending sniping. We all follow the same team and want the best for the club so why is there so much derision amongst the fans? Come on you lot, New Year's resolution and all that.

Back on topic - I agree that money and family are massive factors, but the guy is from Paris is he not? If his family have moved to the frozen north of England surely it's not that much of a stretch to move to the sunny south.

Oh, and just so I follow the common trend of Pasoti, have a.. :facepalm:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
The Herald is getting itself into a right pickle over this. Each Diagouraga article contradicts the previous one. :)

May 8, 2011
vibratingspider":3roqf4fs said:
Tugboat":3roqf4fs said:
vibratingspider":3roqf4fs said:
Army green":3roqf4fs said:
Stuart House":3roqf4fs said:
Tugboat":3roqf4fs said:
Seriously get a grip.

Couple of extra thousand a week and live near my family ..... oh no wait they clapped a lot at my last game :facepalm:

Haha so funny and very cringeworthy. To be fair though these guys just want what's best for the team they support so passionately. Just unfortunately chanting his name and blowing smoke up his arse isn't going to help in this situation, he's fully aware the fans rate him, he obviously likes playing for argyle but money and family circumstances will always win, and rightly so.
God, you lot are still as condescending, pessimistic and miserable as ever.

Besides, fan power worked pretty well with Buzsaky so you never know! :scarf:
I want him to stay as much as the next guy but the fact of the matter is his decision will be made on more pressing factors like family, money, contract etc. He knows heā€™s appreciated here without the need of some pre-mediated ritual dance and smoke display associated with honouring kings and queens.

Give him time and let it materialise. If he stays fantastic, If he goes we move on.
I think (and this is massively off topic) the major problem with this forum is the way people talk to each other. There are ways of communicating to each other and making strong, fair, valid points without resulting to patronising and condescending sniping. We all follow the same team and want the best for the club so why is there so much derision amongst the fans? Come on you lot, New Year's resolution and all that.

Back on topic - I agree that money and family are massive factors, but the guy is from Paris is he not? If his family have moved to the frozen north of England surely it's not that much of a stretch to move to the sunny south.

Oh, and just so I follow the common trend of Pasoti, have a.. :facepalm:

A number of the current squad and management team havenā€™t moved their families to Plymouth.
The reason being they donā€™t want to disrupt their childrenā€™s schooling. Being apart from your family and only seeing them once a week or fortnight may be OK for some players but not for others.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
PL2 3DQ":1wzf9geo said:
The Herald is getting itself into a right pickle over this. Each Diagouraga article contradicts the previous one. :)

mobster-automatic-gun-firing-animated-gif.gif

Mar 8, 2016
PL2 3DQ":3pjsnn6g said:

Haha shock. So basically They haven't got a clue what he's going to do but need to make a story as it's the current topic among argyle fans at the moment.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Army green":3bv3murz said:
PL2 3DQ":3bv3murz said:

Haha shock. So basically They haven't got a clue what he's going to do but need to make a story as it's the current topic among argyle fans at the moment.

That and the fact you'll keep clicking on each of them and they get the advertising revenue :thumbs:

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
Not all, but the vast majority of footballers are mercenaries, hiring themselves out to the highest bidder, the whole kissing the badge crap is paper thin, and as soon as their agent starts tempting them with better offers they will be off.

I don't blame them for this, it's just the way it is, but the fans lose a hero, and of course that hurts.

Toum's has a strong reason to move to be closer to his family, which anyone can understand. I'm really dissapointed to think he will be going, but I'm also a realist and understand the family pressure, financial benefit and better quality football reasons.

Goodbye "Big Dave" thanks for a hell of a shift.

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

davie nine":3jefyise said:
Lesley Somerville":3jefyise said:
I think it's unfair to say he's head and shoulders above ALL our players. I'd put Fox in the same category for experience, ability to read the game, confidence on the ball and calm leadership. Having two like that in midfield has made all the difference.

Absolutely agree with you. I had just read Frazer's comments and was about to post the same when I noticed yours.
I believe that his comment was an insult to David Fox who has used those skills for us for the last 18 months and is probably more important to us than Toums.
I like Toums and hope that he stays but there is no need to exaggerate his importance when we have someone with similar qualities who has proved his worth over a much longer period.

I can see why you both say that and perhaps it was a little unfair on David Fox - although certainly not targeted. Fox is a very important member of the team, but I wouldn't say he offers as much as Toums, in particular when going forward. Fox is 34 though. It raises a bigger question of how you replace both!

What I was try to convey is perhaps best explained with Carey. Carey is our best player because he is a match winner. He can turn a game in an instant with one breath taking moment. However, he isn't perfect. For example, he's bad in the tackle and when he's quiet, he's very quiet.

Toums (and Fox) aren't like that. You get more consistency but less flash. Both types of players are important in a team and because of his consistency I fear Toums will be a big loss.

Jan 27, 2012
When I've seen Diagouraga play he has looked neat and tidy but not the superstar the Herald are making him out to be.

He wasn't in high demand when Leeds released him and was without a club for a long time. Is this a case of his agent trying to whip up interest ?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jul 28, 2010
gaspargomez":1dk5f4tr said:
When I've seen Diagouraga play he has looked neat and tidy but not the superstar the Herald are making him out to be.

He wasn't in high demand when Leeds released him and was without a club for a long time. Is this a case of his agent trying to whip up interest ?

Unfortunately not.

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
gaspargomez":1sooivz9 said:

Iā€™d go with this.

I think heā€™s far more important to our cause than say a higher L1 or championship side.

He may leave us and become not so effective in a different midfield role depending on how they play.

Heā€™s all but guaranteed a start with us every game. Other clubs have bigger squads, may play with 2 strikers at the sacrifice of a midfielder etc.

I think itā€™s coin toss of a decision at the minute.

May 11, 2017
Great Yarmouth
Not sure if anyone has seen this but on the bbc sport website on the Ciftci article there is a quote from Adams saying the following.

***Meanwhile Argyle boss Adams is still hopeful he can secure an extended contract with midfielder Toumani Diagouraga.

The 30-year-old former Leeds United and Brentford player has impressed since joining on a free transfer on October, but becomes a free agent later this month.

"We're still hopefully that he's here either to the end of the season or beyond that," Adams told BBC Radio Devon.

"We've been good for him, he's been good for us and we're hopeful that continues."***

Sep 7, 2006
A mate of mine in Bolton says the local paper there thinks a contract offer has not been made.