Diagouraga (signs 18 month deal with Fleetwood - confirmed) | Page 44 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Diagouraga (signs 18 month deal with Fleetwood - confirmed)

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Sam Barker":231wdbdv said:
IJN":231wdbdv said:
He only did it because he couldn't buy Blackpool.

I do wonder if that will now change. Let his train set go and buy the club he supports.

I would imagine it's a real tempting idea.

Funnily enough so did the owner of AFC Fylde, another tiny club with deep pockets who will be in the FL sooner rather than later. Blackpool fans must wonder what if considering what’s gone on there.

It strikes me that the supporters who 20 years ago would have fetched up to watch Blackpool now have 2 alternative successful football clubs to attend. I do not give much hope for a successful Blackpool in the future as the fan base disappears. Pity really as when they were in the top division they offered an attractive ground following structural improvements. Sorry, if I have drifted a bit off topic. I just hope Toums likes Fisherman's Friends!

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Toums is only a fisherman's friend because of the money they have put on the table....Its still a fair old trek to Leeds and back.... Argyle just cant compete at this level for the better players.Which is a pity because we have some of the highest attendances in this division and charge some of the highest admission prices so you might wonder why.... Same old same old......

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Wonder the outcome has we offered fresh terms in November

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Did we know we didn't Tuggers?

I would imagine though, the outcome would be exactly the same.

Moleman

✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2006
Plymouth
Lundan Cabbie":34j0f2ew said:
IJN":34j0f2ew said:
He only did it because he couldn't buy Blackpool.

I do wonder if that will now change. Let his train set go and buy the club he supports.

I would imagine it's a real tempting idea.

Doesn't Pilley's company have their offices within Fleetwood's stadium? Selling up could be awkward.

It could be but doesn't have to be, I think most people missed my post on page 47. He does have his offices at the ground but there is enough land around Bloomfield road to do the same and Blackpool have also got extensive hospitality facilities. Now while we are being out competed by Fleetwood at the moment, I'm pretty sure when our own hospitality is brought up to scratch that it will provide a better revenue stream.

Now if only someone could build an office block at or near Home Park belonging to the club and charge an exorbitant rent to a sitting tenant...... :think:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
IJN":1i47uv1c said:
Did we know we didn't Tuggers?

I would imagine though, the outcome would be exactly the same.

No I don’t Ian.

Clutching at straws :sad:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Totally gutted to lose someone that good.

I reckon we should have moved the club to Leeds.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Steady on.

Let those emotions settle a bit. :lol:

Aug 2, 2011
The drive time from Plymouth to Leeds is 5 hours. From Fleetwood to Leeds is 1and half hours. So you play at home park have a shower get changed, jump in the car and drive to Leeds arriving around 11 pm assuming no hold ups or stops for a break. The next day Sunday you leave home at midday and get to your digs in Plymouth around 5 or 6. Having spent about 5/6 waking hours with your family. Alternatively you stay an extra night in Leeds and leave home at 5.00 am to get to home park for training at 10.00am.

Some people need to get real - this is not a 19/20 yearold unattached lad who can play the Plymouth field (god help them) but a 30+ married man with family. Why would he not want to be nearer his family. Also not a single person on here knows what Fleetwood are paying him. To trot out statements to say that they are paying more than we offerred is to use common parlancce fake news - you do not know.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I would agree with the above wholeheartedly, but I still don’t quite get why a Frenchman who’s spent the vast majority of his career in the south of England, has seemingly immovable family ties in the north...?

Not a criticism at all, just genuinely don’t know. Has he married a northerner?

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Presto":ooqt6g9z said:
The drive time from Plymouth to Leeds is 5 hours. From Fleetwood to Leeds is 1and half hours. So you play at home park have a shower get changed, jump in the car and drive to Leeds arriving around 11 pm assuming no hold ups or stops for a break. The next day Sunday you leave home at midday and get to your digs in Plymouth around 5 or 6. Having spent about 5/6 waking hours with your family. Alternatively you stay an extra night in Leeds and leave home at 5.00 am to get to home park for training at 10.00am.

Some people need to get real - this is not a 19/20 yearold unattached lad who can play the Plymouth field (god help them) but a 30+ married man with family. Why would he not want to be nearer his family. Also not a single person on here knows what Fleetwood are paying him. To trot out statements to say that they are paying more than we offerred is to use common parlancce fake news - you do not know.

and neither do you....Toums was/may have been staying in Leeds most of the week and only coming to Plymouth on match days for all you know...and if Argyle had offered more money and stuck to that arrangement then maybe he would have stayed until the end of the season...

Jul 17, 2011
Presto":2nvzqg5f said:

Most sensible thing said in 52 pages

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
oddball":2dm8iwm6 said:
and neither do you....Toums was/may have been staying in Leeds most of the week and only coming to Plymouth on match days for all you know...and if Argyle had offered more money and stuck to that arrangement then maybe he would have stayed until the end of the season...

Did you ever see him play Alan?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
My only issue with it is that Fleetwood are now one of the teams we've gotta try and keep below us, and Diagouraga will be a boost for them, wish him the best of luck personally and understand why he's left.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Has it been confirmed that he has signed an 18 month deal with Fleetwood? I couldn't see anything to confirm the length of the contract.